"With the seventh pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select _______"

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,223

Re: "With the seventh pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select _______" 

Post#61 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:03 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:
If so, chosing 8 over 9 says they had clear preference for Walker over Hendricks.

Could be. Or the offers were pretty similar and it's always better to be sooner than later.

Such a strange trade though. Feels like Wizards should have just stood their ground (and threaten to take Walker at 8 if we let someone else take Coulibaly at 7). But I'm happy Pacers got 2 SRPs for free

Could. But what if Utah jumped up from 9 to 7 to take Coulibaly? Sure, Washington could take Walker at 8, but Indy may have felt just as comfortable to take Hendricks at 9 themselves. :dontknow:
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Re: "With the seventh pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select _______" 

Post#62 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:05 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Could be. Or the offers were pretty similar and it's always better to be sooner than later.

Such a strange trade though. Feels like Wizards should have just stood their ground (and threaten to take Walker at 8 if we let someone else take Coulibaly at 7). But I'm happy Pacers got 2 SRPs for free

Could. But what if Utah jumped up from 9 to 7 to take Coulibaly? Sure, Washington could take Walker at 8, but Indy may have felt just as comfortable to take Hendricks at 9 themselves. :dontknow:

That they took Washington offer tells me they weren't just as comfortable with Hendricks.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 961

Post#63 » by Tom White » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:06 am

Wizop wrote:Post on draft forum says Whitmore has a broken tibia and a stress factor in same leg. Say he falls to 26 and will miss a whole year, do you still take him?

I guess we would need to know more about his medical report. What do the doctors say are his chances for a full recovery? Or the likelihood he returns to full form.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#64 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:07 am

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:Post on draft forum says Whitmore has a broken tibia and a stress factor in same leg. Say he falls to 26 and will miss a whole year, do you still take him?

I guess we would need to know more about his medical report. What do the doctors say are his chances for a full recovery? Or the likelihood he returns to full form.

And whether the injury was before or after his workout
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,518

Post#65 » by jowglenn » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:05 am

Grang33r wrote:With the 7th pick in the 2023 NBA draft the Indiana Pacers select Jurace Walker.

26. Ben Sheppard
29. Maxwell Lewis

Good job man you nailed it - Pacers got Walker & Sheppard!
Wizop
RealGM

Post#66 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:47 am

Q: what was the Pacers biggest need?
A: a power forward who can defend
Q: who was the best defensive power forward in the draft?
A: Jarace Walker
Q: who did we take?
A: Jarace Walker

I give us an A

Return to Indiana Pacers