Rd 2, pick 47, Pacers select Mojave King

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Rd 2, pick 47, Pacers select Mojave King 

Post#21 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:01 pm

jowglenn wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:You same people said all the same stuff in 2017 about TJ Leaf!

There’s a pretty big difference between a genuinely wasted mid-first pick like Leaf and a 47th pick.

basketballwacko2 wrote:
jowglenn wrote:
Ok who should they have picked? Give me a single name. And then years from now if that guy has a meaningful NBA career and Mojave King doesn't, you can show that you were so right and prescient.

Odds are King and whoever you name won't ever make it anywhere in the NBA and it would have been a "wasted pick" either way.

Wasted pick! Clown show! I don't need to play your game.

You do need to “play my game” if you want anyone to take you remotely seriously. Who should they have picked instead?

I’ve never seen anyone flip out this hard over 2nd round picks. Maybe you have other issues in your life that you’re taking out on the Pacers? I genuinely find your behavior disturbing

It's not just about King it's about 26 and 55. I laid out the players who were there at 26 if you think TJD was too high to pick at 26 then you take Strawther, and take Davis at 47.

They have looked ok in trades but it's only small value ever since the Sabonis trade, the best deal was not making that stupid lakers trade for Buddy and Turner for 2027 #1.

This draft was a joke, and not a funny one. Look Sheepherd's predraft measurables. I don't see a player that should have been pick over 45th. That's the same thing I said about Leaf. In 2018 I wanted Brunson they took Aaron Holiday wasted pick, Brunson is now staring in NYC. In 2019 could have had Keldon Johnson instead of Goga!

It's just a bad track record, Duarte looked good at first but then they change the team adding 5 more guards now his value is shot. Likely to be dealt for nothing to make room for the 34 guards they picked.

Don't try to piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#22 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:09 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:This draft was a joke, and not a funny one. Look Sheepherd's predraft measurables. I don't see a player that should have been pick over 45th.

Can we wait at least until we see what he does in summer league before passing judgement?
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#23 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:19 pm

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:This draft was a joke, and not a funny one. Look Sheepherd's predraft measurables. I don't see a player that should have been pick over 45th.

Can we wait at least until we see what he does in summer league before passing judgement?

You can. I'm about done with this. Between the rigged lottery and the cheating biased refs I don't even want to watch it anymore. Reruns of Gilligan's Island are more entertaining I waited months for this draft and they screwed it up. The Front office is a clown show.

Oh but they put $4.3 million in Simons bank account! :lol:
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#24 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Guy goes into the combine and plays over his head for 2 scrimmages, so lets forget that he played in a weak conference and not against top like competition. Then you get these measurements, 6′ 5.25” barefoot, 8′ 4” standing reach, 194.6 lbs and a 6′ 7.75” wingspan and a 29.5 inch standing vertical. He's not even that good an athlete.

If I'm wrong all admit it when I'm wrong but it doesn't happen very often.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 417

Post#25 » by Grang33r » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:23 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Wizop wrote:

You can. I'm about done with this. Between the rigged lottery and the cheating biased refs I don't even want to watch it anymore. Reruns of Gilligan's Island are more entertaining I waited months for this draft and they screwed it up. The Front office is a clown show.

Please don’t.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised with Sheppard.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#26 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:26 pm

Grang33r wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Please don’t.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised with Sheppard.

Who gets pushed aside so this guy from some school I never heard of gets playing time? Mathurin? Nembhard? He's not a freaking forward anymore than Duarte or Nesmeith is a forward. They are all guards playing out of position.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#27 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:34 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:I'm about done with this

This is borderline rude, but if you're done with it be done with it and move on

Edit: I didn't mean leave here. I only meant let the topic end
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 417

Post#28 » by Grang33r » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:11 pm

So I’m guessing he’s going back to NBL where he played prior to the G league? Or is he going to Europe?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,170

Post#29 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:43 pm

Grang33r wrote:Donovan Mitchell was my “draft crush” that year. I’m not 100% certain but I think since Mitchell was gone at our pick my next favorite pick was Harry Giles lol

I don’t know who was worse between Leaf and Giles tbh

I remember the tone of the board to have been “resignation” to the fact that pick was going to happen. It had been telegrapher for a long time beforehand. Generally, I think everyone preferred OG and Collins at the time.
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,508

Post#30 » by xBulletproof » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:05 am

Wizop wrote:

I mean, if we went off Summer League, Paul George would have sucked and Lance Stephenson was gonna be an All Star. :lol: I tend to not pay a ton of attention to it as far as making conclusions, but I do watch.

I think I saw you reference this elsewhere as well so this isn't to you but, this just comes down to people not understanding NBA draft talent distribution. There's like a 5% chance you find an All Star outside the lottery, that means once every 20 years would be average. I would guess a good starter is like 10%, but I don't have the numbers on it. Even then, that's once every 10 years, if you're average. Expecting perfection in the NBA draft is just setting yourself up for failure and grief. Most players outside the top 10, and even quite often inside the top 10 don't amount to anything. Whatever team you follow will eventually hit on 1 or 2, but you can't expect it.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 746

Post#31 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:11 am

Like Wizop I’m happy that King is a stash giving the very young Kendall Brown another opportunity to show off his talent. Last year was interrupted with injuries. He had very small flashes last season and displayed hustle in his limited time.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:36 pm

King is battling a stress reaction in his foot and may not end up playing this year, according to Scott Agness. He’ll be with Ft Wayne nonetheless, so he’ll at least their full medical, facilities, and time with coaches.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:36 pm

King is battling a stress reaction in his foot and may not end up playing this year, according to Scott Agness. He’ll be with Ft Wayne nonetheless, so he’ll at least their full medical, facilities, and time with coaches.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 171

Post#34 » by JMaster5K » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:59 pm

I seem to remember similar conversations about a second round pick named Antonio Davis that was stashed overseas for a couple of years. Yeah, most don't work out, but sometimes,.., your cracker-jacks have a prize. =]

Return to Indiana Pacers