Pacers vs. Bucks 11/9

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 955

Re: Pacers vs. Bucks 11/9 

Post#21 » by Tom White » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Sore lower back that flared up shortly before tipoff. He was technically active, but not dressed.

Thanks for the update.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#22 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:38 am

So did that horrendous court and uniform have something to do with this "in season tournament" or something? Boston is playing and their court looks like a mess.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#23 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:52 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:So did that horrendous court and uniform have something to do with this "in season tournament" or something? Boston is playing and their court looks like a mess.

No, we had a different weird colored floor for the tournament game. Every team has a regular floor, a tournament floor, and a city floor that matches their city uniforms.

Read on Twitter
?t=ENT8KqDxyDoHJKUgEFlS8A&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=_LcKY4W-ZFbwlobihsjl8A&s=19
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#24 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:55 am

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:So did that horrendous court and uniform have something to do with this "in season tournament" or something? Boston is playing and their court looks like a mess.

No, we had a different weird colored floor for the tournament game. Every team has a regular floor, a tournament floor, and a city floor that matches their city uniforms.

Seems to me they are spending a lot of money on this BS. :nod:
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#25 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:57 am

Wizop wrote:

Read on Twitter

Wow! That's worse than the other one.

I the the Pacers Blue uniform which I guess is the road uniform, and that gold alternate uniform are the best looking uniforms in the NBA.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#26 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:00 am

I originally pasted the wrong tweets and had to edit my post. It got quoted in a reply before it was totally fixed.

I knew if he hated the city court he'd really hate the tournament court.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 746

Post#27 » by Pacers Forever » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:32 am

Next 2 games are in Philadelphia and they are playing the best early in the season. Maxey and Embid are on fire with steady play from Harris. Oubre and Melton round out the starting 5.

I’m really shocked that the Pistons didn’t lose by more tonight. However, Philly only shot 42%.

Looking at their box score against the Pistons I see that in this game the starting lineup carried the team. 2nd unit very little.

Gives me hope that the Pacers can hang with them if they can play enough defense to limit easy points. I also know they could abuse us like the Celtics did.

I wouldn’t be upset if they split and take the 2nd game as it’s the tournament contest.

It was nice not getting destroyed by Giannis and the Bucks this year.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by Tom White » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow! Maybe it is the lighting or something, but that is hideous. They should drug test whomever designed that, and definitely test the person who approved it.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,170

Post#29 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:48 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow! Maybe it is the lighting or something, but that is hideous. They should drug test whomever designed that, and definitely test the person who approved it.

No, it’s definitely the wrong blue. The court design is pretty standard with all the teams in the league having the similar setup of trophy at center court and color emitting toward the baskets. For us, it matches the uniforms, which look better on the players, but really is just the wrong blue for the Pacers. To me, if it had more of the 70’s or 80’s Pacers blue, it would be better. And if the blue stopped at the out of bounds lines, it wouldn’t be so obnoxious.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:52 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think Tony East had the best, and simplest reaction. Guess he didn’t want to burn any bridges at the facility. :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g
Wizop
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wizop » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:11 pm

Didn't Nike design them? Didn't like Boston not having parquet.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by Tom White » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:46 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I think Tony East had the best, and simplest reaction. Guess he didn’t want to burn any bridges at the facility. :lol:

I think I am still in shock. Will they hand out barf-bags to fans who are seeing it for the first time? Or even the second time? Can't picture what they were thinking. That may actually trigger seizures. It is the NBA version of a clown car.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:49 pm

Tom White wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:I think Tony East had the best, and simplest reaction. Guess he didn’t want to burn any bridges at the facility. :lol:

I think I am still in shock. Will they hand out barf-bags to fans who are seeing it for the first time? Or even the second time? Can't picture what they were thinking. That may actually trigger seizures. It is the NBA version of a clown car.

They just had a formula mocked up and inserted each teams tournament jersey colors. No changes between any city.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 171

Post#34 » by JMaster5K » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:15 am

Wizop wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?t=_LcKY4W-ZFbwlobihsjl8A&s=19

Yeah,.. 'WOW' sums it up. That tournament edition court,.. they gonna have a migraine / Epilepsy warning on the programs? (jk) that thing is Bright! with players running up & down it, can easily see getting a headache even with an underlying condition. I do like the city court. Wish the colors were closer to our traditional colors, but like the contrast on that one.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 746

Post#35 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:23 pm

Pacers aren’t the only team that got slammed with the neon light blue on their courts.

Return to Indiana Pacers