Bucks vs Pacers @ Las Vegas 12/7 5pm

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,775

Re: Bucks vs Pacers @ Las Vegas 12/7 5pm 

Post#21 » by Pacers_Freak » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:55 am

Grang33r wrote:Besides the obvious, such a great game from Nesmith. Incredible defense by him tonight i thought. He finished with 6pts in 27 minutes and a +16 which was second highest on the team to Mathurin's +17. Also underrated was Jackson, 16 strong minutes in a game they needed size, he got 6 rebounds and just 1 foul. He was a +14.

Nembhard and Brown provided clutch scoring when the team wasnt shooting well and it seemed like the Bucks were on the verge of breaking the game away.

Man I love the way Nesmith plays. He is an absolute glue guy. He and McConnell and other make such a difference with energy and effort. One of the deepest Pacer times I can remember and I love how Rick will roll with a lineup that’s working.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 171

Re: Bucks vs Pacers @ Las Vegas 12/7 5pm 

Post#22 » by JMaster5K » Sat Dec 9, 2023 11:11 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Grang33r wrote:Besides the obvious, such a great game from Nesmith. Incredible defense by him tonight i thought. He finished with 6pts in 27 minutes and a +16 which was second highest on the team to Mathurin's +17. Also underrated was Jackson, 16 strong minutes in a game they needed size, he got 6 rebounds and just 1 foul. He was a +14.

Nembhard and Brown provided clutch scoring when the team wasnt shooting well and it seemed like the Bucks were on the verge of breaking the game away.

Man I love the way Nesmith plays. He is an absolute glue guy. He and McConnell and other make such a difference with energy and effort. One of the deepest Pacer times I can remember and I love how Rick will roll with a lineup that’s working.

There's an article out there somewhere that I can't find again, saying that 'this isn't the same Rick Carlisle that previously coached the Pacers'. Went into some good detail about how he's changed, and his understanding of coaching has changed. Was a really good read.

Essentially it said (and he agreed in the interview portion) that he used to try to control everything, every moment, in every game, but now he's not just more laidback, he is now into see opportunities and how the game is changing play-by-play, and trying to manage the changes and the flow, instead of controlling the game using set plays and pre-determined outcomes. (and teaching his players to try to do the same.) Said it makes him more open to hearing from his players, what they see, and developing with them, in game, ways to exploit what is happening that night. Which plays into Ty's freedom, and the comments the players have made about 'not getting pulled just because you read something wrong', or 'feeling open to express an idea to Coach'.

He said it's harder,.. it takes more work from both coaches and players, takes more trust from both the players and the coaches, but that it's much more rewarding both on the court, and outside of basketball. There's a lot of people who like Coach Carlisle's coaching, and a lot of people that don't. Maybe it's just, 'right time, right place', but, right now, for this team, I wouldn't trade him for any other coach in Basketball,.. Pops and Spo included.

Return to Indiana Pacers