Pacers @ Suns 1/21

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 417

Pacers @ Suns 1/21 

Post#1 » by Grang33r » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:56 pm

Pacers. injury report for Sunday in Phoenix, the final game of a six-game roadie:

Isaiah Jackson (concussion) is out, Haliburton and Nembhard are questionable.

The Suns have won 4 in a row.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Re: Pacers @ Suns 1/21 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:41 pm

I expected to lose in Sacramento and win in Portland. May the trend continue.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#3 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizop
RealGM

Post#4 » by Wizop » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:29 am

They can call it injury management. I call it conceding.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,872

Post#5 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:38 am

Your young bucks need to give up the ball to P Skills! Could of had this game if Siakam's usage was higher.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 417

Post#6 » by Grang33r » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:23 am

I wasn't able to watch tonight, besides the Pacers i am a Bills fan and attended tonights playoff game, but seems like it was a close game. Just basing on box score, what stands out the most is Jarace Walker 18 minutes, 10pts and 9 rebounds. Thats impressive. Sheppard didnt get anything going offensively it seems like but 4 rebounds, 4 assists in 20 minutes and a game high +12.

Pacers gotta get through this next upcoming 6 or so game stretch somehow breathing and then make a serious run when the schedule gets a bit easier.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 746

Post#7 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:11 am

I watched the Bills also and missed all but about the last 4 minutes of the Pacers loss. A lot of people on Twitter are calling out Carlisle for this loss.

Supposedly Carlisle wasn’t playing the best lineups to suit fans ? Oh well some of these twitter Pacer fans think they have all the answers. I can’t say one way or another about their claims being valid or not since I saw so little of the game.

What I did see was a tie game and immediately after that the Suns started attacking Hield and scoring very easily driving him into the paint. Carlisle didn’t substitute. Buddy did hit a 3.

In crunch time Nembhard was possibly taking it upon himself a bit too much to be the man. I saw him hit a nice layup, but also lose the ball over dribbling at the end when they were only 3 points down and he should’ve thrown it out of the double team he dribbled into.

He has so much to learn about being a point guard setting up the offensive sets to get his teammates involved.

Suns had all 3 of their studs in and Pacers had Toppin, Hield, Nembhard, Siakam, and Nesmith until he fouled out. Tyrese was resting and I don’t know why Turner or Smith weren’t in the game ?

Regardless Pacers didn’t lose by much and I call that a success for being undermanned, stressed from the road trip, playing through the recent injuries, and going against better talent in the closing minutes.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 171

Post#8 » by JMaster5K » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:24 am

Grang33r wrote:I wasn't able to watch tonight, besides the Pacers i am a Bills fan and attended tonights playoff game, but seems like it was a close game. Just basing on box score, what stands out the most is Jarace Walker 18 minutes, 10pts and 9 rebounds. Thats impressive. Sheppard didnt get anything going offensively it seems like but 4 rebounds, 4 assists in 20 minutes and a game high +12.

Pacers gotta get through this next upcoming 6 or so game stretch somehow breathing and then make a serious run when the schedule gets a bit easier.

In the 4th, it seemed like there was more standing around off ball. Didn't seem like the Pacers were running their cutters, or (other than Buddy) moving to the open spaces on the perimeter. Particularly when the ball went into Siakam. I gotta think that the team (as a whole) is still figuring out how to play together? There were times in the 4th when Nemhard was attacking from the right top of the key (as usual) and all 4 of the other Pacers were on the left side of the floor. They were able to double & strip Nemhard because the Suns were able to cover all 4 of the other Paces with 3 defenders.

Parts of the game looked good, (though our shots were just not going down even when we got 'normal' looks for our team). The team looked more like last year while Ty was out, trying to figure out how to play without him driving the attack. I suspect, as I said in another post, that the next month to 6 weeks is going to be a bit rough due to our 'unplanned' offense, as the team figures out how to play together. I still think the end of the season & the playoffs are this teams real opportunity to show out.

That is to take nothing away from the Suns,... they played a good game, got in front, and did more than enough to keep a cushion to the final whistle. They are a tough team when we are playing our best. Tip of the hat to them tonight.

Edit: Just went and looked,.. the trade happened on the 17,... @ Kings on the 18th, @ Blazers on the 19th, and @ Suns on the 21st. Hopefully, they all got to go to dinner during their travel day on the 20th, so they could meet & be introduced to Pascal.... Not really realistic for them to do anything other than just 'go play'. Hoping things settle a little bit over the next 5 day, 4 home game run.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#9 » by Wizop » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:40 pm

Grang33r wrote:I wasn't able to watch tonight, besides the Pacers i am a Bills fan and attended tonights playoff game, but seems like it was a close game. Just basing on box score, what stands out the most is Jarace Walker 18 minutes, 10pts and 9 rebounds. Thats impressive. Sheppard didnt get anything going offensively it seems like but 4 rebounds, 4 assists in 20 minutes and a game high +12.

I switched back and forth watching a lot of football but I was able to watch the end of the game. we got ahead and then couldn't stop Beal.

With Siakam starting at 4 and Toppin backing him up, Walker has been playing the 3 behind Nesmith and doing well. but with Haliurton out and Nembhard playing the 1 rather than the 2, there were minutes available on the wing for Walker and Sheppard. plus, Mathurin has been struggling.

Return to Indiana Pacers