Pacers vs Bucks: Series Thread

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 740

Re: Pacers vs Bucks: Series Thread 

Post#61 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:04 am

boomershadow wrote:This whole series I been sitting here thinking if they're gonna call the softest fouls possible for Lillard, you might as well foul him extra hard, beat him up a little, and wear his old ass out some lol.

Lillard has been a bit risky trying to draw charging fouls and not getting every call. Iā€™m glad heā€™s getting a bit beat up doing this.

Pacers have definitely been fouling Lillard hard when possible. A lot of bad veteran whistles his way but weā€™re surviving the veteran bias the refs are unfortunately calling.

I do like the way they are letting the players on both sides play more than in the regular season.

As for Hubie I didnā€™t care for his commentary long ago. However, now in his older age heā€™s calling the game from a more un-biased standpoint since heā€™s far removed from coaching and maybe above the narrative pushed.

I thought he was very fair to the Pacers in his comments. Very refreshing compared to his broadcast partner and other ESPN and NBA bought commentators who favored the big market or superstar narrative so commonly seen.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#62 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:06 am

Wizop wrote:I had the Bally broadcast on but I might have done it differently had I known it was Hubie. Actually though, after the first hour I turned down the sound and played the Locked On NFL Scouting podcast's coverage of the draft.

I couldnā€™t get Bally which is rare and viewed it on ABC Indianapolis.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#63 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g

Tyrese is starting
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Post#64 » by Tom White » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:47 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:I couldnā€™t get Bally which is rare and viewed it on ABC Indianapolis.

I didn't even give a thought that it might be on ABC. Basically because that is a network I never watch. Seems almost all their programming is reality shows, reality competition shows, game shows.....Just a bunch of junk in my opinion, although I know there are many people who enjoy those things. I steer far clear of anything that even touches on "reality" TV.

I need to take a shower after even thinking about that programming.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#65 » by Pacers Forever » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:54 pm

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I couldnā€™t get Bally which is rare and viewed it on ABC Indianapolis.

I didn't even give a thought that it might be on ABC. Basically because that is a network I never watch. Seems almost all their programming is reality shows, reality competition shows, game shows.....Just a bunch of junk in my opinion, although I know there are many people who enjoy those things. I steer far clear of anything that even touches on "reality" TV.

I need to take a shower after even thinking about that programming.

Yeah I donā€™t watch much tv and only do what it takes to find the Pacers games on the tv. I even have watched the other teams feeds just to see some away games when Bally is messed up.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#66 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Portis ejected the bucks are getting really thin.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,117

Post#67 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 am

I'd be a lot happier if we hadn't missed so many free throws again.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#68 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 am

Rough first half but a lead 67-64.

Bucks shooting 60% from the field and 31% from 3. Bucks showing their bench belong in the league as theyā€™re scoring well.

Pacers living by the 3 at 55% and only 52% from the field. This is great shooting just have to limit the Bucks.

Pacers have to play defense the second half or this game is up for grabs when it shouldnā€™t be.

Turner really the only Pacers struggling from the field at 40% shooting. Also having trouble defending Lopez tonight.

Have to get Siakam more involved and play defense to make a run and maintain a double digit lead putting pressure on the Bucks.

Currently Bucks are putting pressure on the Pacers to hang in. Not good.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#69 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:35 am

Siakam also missing shots but Ty hits 3's to widen the lead
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#70 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 am

Pacers win and continue dominance over Bucks this season. One more win in Milwaukee and hopefully a little rest before the next series starts probably vs the Knicks. Would be nice if the 76ers could win one more from the Knicks.

Once again a very good all around team effort. Defense lacking but enough offense to finally pull away. Unfortunately itā€™s not very often a team has so many injuries in our favor.

I just hope the Pacers will play up to the next challenge once they dispose of the injured Bucks.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 415

Post#71 » by Grang33r » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:Portis ejected the bucks are getting really thin.

Not sure what the Bucks were trying to prove tonight. Just a couple possessions before the one Portis and Nembhard got tangled up Beverely did the "you're too short" sign towards him. They wanted to play bully ball vs him for whatever reason.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#72 » by Grang33r » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 am

Pacers Forever wrote:Once again a very good all around team effort. Defense lacking but enough offense to finally pull away. Unfortunately itā€™s not very often a team has so many injuries in our favor.

I thought the defense in the first half was very soft and weak. Pacers were shooting a ridiculous rate from 3-point and the Bucks were only down 3 after scoring at will, many easy looks and the few times they missed it seemed like they got a offensive rebound.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#73 » by Grang33r » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 am

Pacers Forever wrote:I just hope the Pacers will play up to the next challenge once they dispose of the injured Bucks.

Just like the Bucks without Giannis and Dame, the Pacers can only go as far as Tyrese is able to go with his health. He's playing hurt this entire series, the hamstring is effecting him and now he's got some back issue.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Tom White » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Not sure what the Bucks were trying to prove tonight. Just a couple possessions before the one Portis and Nembhard got tangled up Beverely did the "you're too short" sign towards him. They wanted to play bully ball vs him for whatever reason.

The Bucks have a really talented and deep team. but I've always thought Portis and Beverely were both just punks. Definition of dirty players.

Having said that, if I had the chance to steal just one of their players it would be Middleton. That guy knows how to play, and does it well.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#75 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:58 pm

Grang33r wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:Portis ejected the bucks are getting really thin.

Beverely is a jerk!

I think they were trying to stur up some kind of incident maybe take Nembhard out of the game since he's a very good defender.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#76 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:01 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:I just hope the Pacers will play up to the next challenge once they dispose of the injured Bucks.

Just like the Bucks without Giannis and Dame, the Pacers can only go as far as Tyrese is able to go with his health. He's playing hurt this entire series, the hamstring is effecting him and now he's got some back issue.

It looked to me like Portis threw punch, how about him getting a game suspension on top of the thrown out.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#77 » by Wizop » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Once again a very good all around team effort. Defense lacking but enough offense to finally pull away. Unfortunately itā€™s not very often a team has so many injuries in our favor.

I thought the defense in the first half was very soft and weak. Pacers were shooting a ridiculous rate from 3-point and the Bucks were only down 3 after scoring at will, many easy looks and the few times they missed it seemed like they got a offensive rebound.

as Reggie Wayne used to say, the players on the other team are on scholarship too. When we score a lot, it isn't always bad defense by the other team and vice versa.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 479

Post#78 » by granger05 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

I want the Pacers to close this out before Milwaukee gets any of their players back to full strength. Kind of OT, but I watched this on the TNT broadcast that streams to Max and the audio of the crowd kept picking up this kid that was just yelling about shooting threes. Did anybody else catch this? Kid sounded like a tween and he had advice for the coaching staff which was to spam 3s. They should get him on the payroll I guess.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#79 » by Tom White » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm

granger05 wrote: They should get him on the payroll I guess.

Or fit him for a muzzle.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#80 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9ViPZrC6T8ng6kcZke0I5g

Early report

Return to Indiana Pacers