Pacers vs Bucks: Series Thread

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 169

Re: Pacers vs Bucks: Series Thread 

Post#81 » by JMaster5K » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:00 am

Have to pray that the Pacers come out tonight determined, intense, and committed to ending this.

All the commentary I've been able to see (after game 4) has been about 'how injured the Buck's are & how this would all be different if they were at full strength'. Yeah,.. I agree, it would be different,.. completely different games,.. but that doesn't mean the outcome would change. Hoping the Pacers realize they need to send a message, that they deserve to be here & can compete with anyone.

Loads of respect for the Bucks. They have shown toughness, fight,... another midwestern team. Nothing bad to say about them. Pacers need to take the opportunity in front of them, and prove they should be playing in the next round.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 745

Post#82 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 1, 2024 1:13 am

Same starters tonight for both teams. Let’s hope the Pacers come out strong and get the home crowd out of the game early.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,163

Post#83 » by Wizop » Wed May 1, 2024 1:34 am

Philly hits a 3 to force OT
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#84 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 1, 2024 1:40 am

Wizop wrote:Philly hits a 3 to force OT

Yep so I switched to Bally from TNT so I don’t miss the start. Still announcing starting lineups on Bally.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#85 » by Wizop » Wed May 1, 2024 1:57 am

Pacers Forever wrote:
Wizop wrote:Philly hits a 3 to force OT

Yep so I switched to Bally from TNT so I don’t miss the start. Still announcing starting lineups on Bally.

Philly won in OT so if we win tonight we'll get some rest.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#86 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 1, 2024 2:11 am

Very nice first quarter and an 8 point lead. Very impressive team effort with everyone contributing. Yes even Dougie McBuckets with a 3.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#87 » by Wizop » Wed May 1, 2024 2:17 am

Too many threes
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#88 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 1, 2024 2:24 am

Wizop wrote:Too many threes

Pacers have really had a hard time getting anything but 3’s against the Bucks defense unless they can run on them.

Much credit goes to the Bucks for their defensive scheme against the Pacers this series forcing them into long range shots.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#89 » by Wizop » Wed May 1, 2024 2:27 am

Bad quarter and now it's chippy. Toppin deserved the tech.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#90 » by Pacers Forever » Wed May 1, 2024 4:26 am

Probably one of the worst games they’ve played in a while. Siakam looked off most of the game. 1-5 on free throws and was defended tough. Nesmith looked rattled and fouled too much. Haliburton missed open 3’s. McConnell hasn’t been able to handle a bigger guy on him this series.

I thought Nembhard and Sheppard never stopped trying tonight. Their urgency was evident but everyone else were too laid back.

Again give the Bucks credit for defending and roughing up the Pacers. They’re controlling what the Pacers get instead of the Pacers dictating play.

Doc Rivers is out coaching Carlisle and will most likely get a full time job with the Bucks impressively holding the team together without Giannis and now Dame.

Pretty embarrassing loss.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#91 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed May 1, 2024 7:00 am

The Pacers need to win this thing in game 6 or they will have a problem in game 7.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 951

Post#92 » by Tom White » Wed May 1, 2024 6:01 pm

We should have expected this.

In game four, they were without two of their best players, then a third got the boot early, and yet the Pacers barely squeaked by.

Everyone has heard stories about a lion or tiger or whatever beast you care to name being the most dangerous when backed into a corner. That is what the Bucks were. After a stumble in the first quarter, they came out fighting for their playoff lives. For the most part, our team buckled under. This reminded me of the final of the in-season tourney. We just died. I also think we might have seen Carlisle throwing in the towel in this game.

I don't care what the regular season series was, this Bucks team is more talented, better coached and is not going away quietly. If Giannis and Damien are able to play the remainder of this series it will be Katey bar the door.

I will not be surprised if the Bucks win this series.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#93 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 2, 2024 8:02 pm

RealGM says Giannis and Dame are both going to try and play tonight.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#94 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 2, 2024 8:25 pm

This could be a blessing in disguise if they're both chucking up shots and rusty.

Pacers need to force Lillard to take long shots and keep Giannis from driving.

Most importantly they can't bail either one of them out fouling them yet need to rough them up playoff style.

There's only so many shots so it would limit Middleton and Portis touches and keeps Beasley deeper in the rotation.

Big problem Pacers had last game was they were out rebounded last game giving Bucks extra chances
Wizop
RealGM

Post#95 » by Wizop » Thu May 2, 2024 8:32 pm

I'm not worried about defending the Bucks with or without the big two. I'm worried about our own inability to score against their defensive adjustments.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#96 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 2, 2024 9:47 pm

Wizop wrote:I'm not worried about defending the Bucks with or without the big two. I'm worried about our own inability to score against their defensive adjustments.

I agree that the Pacers have to adjust throughout the game to continue scoring against the Bucks different defensive sets.

Hopefully the coaches have dissected all the film and are coming up with some different ways to attack the zone and their switching defense tactics.

FYI Giannis is now out again. Lillard still in.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#97 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 2, 2024 10:00 pm

Bucks are changing things up tonight. They are swapping sides of the court in which they start. Pacers defense will now be in front of their bench for the 1st half instead of the 2nd half.

So this puts the Bucks in front of their own bench to close the game. Advantage ? Or competitive mind games ?
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#98 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 2, 2024 11:07 pm

Pacers 33-24 after 1. Great start for the Pacers who are able to get the ball up and down quicker tonight. Full court pressure is a good commitment also causing a couple of turnovers.

Toppin and McConnell showing out tonight. I Jax in now. Smith MIA so far.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#99 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 2, 2024 11:53 pm

Great first half especially compared to the last contest. Pacers 59-47 on 50% shooting and 32% from 3. Held the Bucks to 36% and 15% from 3.

Nesmith shooting much better tonight. Still haven’t gotten Siakam involved or Myles tonight. Everyone else stepping up.

Defense is winning this game in the first half making the Bucks work for most all of their points.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,762

Post#100 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri May 3, 2024 2:26 am

Great team win. Bench was HUGE! Regardless what happens in the next round it is huge for the future to be getting this playoff experience.

Return to Indiana Pacers