38 minutes
29 points
9 rebounds
4 assists
3 blocks
+17
10-17 FG
7-9 3PT

Nobody has dealt with more scrutiny in Indianapolis then Turner. Right from the draft year when they said he was running funny, to playing out of position, to being too soft, being compared with sabonis to trade rumors and so on and so on. And Turner keeps on working his ass off for this city and team and finally got the night he deserves.

:rock:
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,752

Re: Myles Turner appreciation thread 

Post#2 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

I've never understood the Myles hate. He's been solid since his arrival, but has really taken his game up a level this year.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 950

Post#3 » by Tom White » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

In this game, and only speaking of this game, I think some people look at Lopez going off for 27 & 9 and come to the conclusion the two big guys sort of played to a draw. Not necessarily the right conclusion, but likely what some are looking at.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 745

Post#4 » by Pacers Forever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:09 pm

The internet is full of people hating hiding behind their keyboard. I really don’t know why true Pacers fans would hate Myles. Other market trolls sure.

As long time educated Pacer fans in this group I think we are critical of all players performances from time to time. Not hating just critiquing their abilities and shortcomings.

Personally I’ve never hated Myles. I’m sure I’ve been a little impatient with his development. I think that comes from Jermaine O’Neal being such an all around talented center for us and the hopes Myles could be as great quickly.

Myles has turned out to mature in a path more like Rick Smits. Slowly but the end results are what we wanted for the Pacer’s success.

When Sabonis arrived it really showed the difference in the two centers abilities. Both are equally talented and I was ok trading Myles as Sabonis felt more complete. Trading Sabonis was the best path to building the future of this franchise.

Myles has always excelled in rim protection and shot blocking and had better defensive ability than Sabonis.

Since Carlisle has arrived Myles has made huge strides in becoming a multi ability player. The offense is now including Myles more than ever.

Blocks are down but still a weapon. Rebounding has always stayed consistent. His shooting percentage has improved to over 50%. His 3 point % has always been consistently high but now he’s taking more shots. His in the paint offense and moves have been on display much more in his recent development thus the better shooting percentage.

A shocking comparison is that Brook Lopez is 36 and productive still. Myles is becoming more of the all around star that we wanted and is ONLY 27. Hopefully many more years of being a significant part of the Pacers playoff run will follow.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 168

Post#5 » by JMaster5K » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:15 am

HoopsHype uses their 'Global Rating System' to rank players based on their recent performance and trends.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/global-rating-rankings-the-best-players-of-the-2024-nba-playoffs/

So far for the playoffs (updated after each game).

PLAYER RAT G PTS REB AST
1 Nikola Jokic 35.37 5 28.2 16.2 9.8
2 Anthony Edwards 34.94 4 31.0 8.0 6.3
3 Joel Embiid 31.47 4 35.0 9.3 5.5
4 Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 29.23 4 27.3 6.0 4.8
5 Pascal Siakam 28.70 4 25.8 10.8 4.8
6 Jalen Brunson 27.07 4 33.0 5.3 9.0
7 James Harden 26.83 4 26.0 4.0 7.0
8 Myles Turner 26.16 4 24.3 8.3 3.3
9 Jayson Tatum 26.11 4 23.3 10.0 6.0
10 Jalen Williams 24.50 4 21.3 7.3 5.0
24 Tyrese Haliburton 18.94 4 15.8 6.3 10.0

Their ratings for the regular season aren't loading at the moment,.. but Myles was much further down the list.

Have to give him tons of credit,.. He has always been improving, but over the course of this season, he has become the best version on himself & what the Pacers need him to be to be successful. Glad he's a Pacer. =]
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 480

Post#6 » by granger05 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:55 pm

He's basically the perfect modern big man. He's not an all-star caliber player though maybe good enough to have snuck onto one in the right circumstance, but you couldn't create a better role player in a lab. He was always in trade rumors because I think everyone recognized this about him. I'm sure that was a frustrating time for him which came through in interviews at the time. After the renegotiate-and-extend he's seemed more mellow and that's helped his game I think. I hope that the organization has built up enough goodwill with him that we're able to keep him around. I'd be very pleased if he played his whole career for the Pacers.
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,466

Post#7 » by Hoop Hunter » Wed May 1, 2024 4:25 am

Myles has been good all season. I would say our most consistent player this season. Great in the playoffs so far.

They were not going to let Myles beat them 3 games in a row. They shut down his 3 ball tonight. No one else stepped up.

Disappointing game, but not all that unexpected. It's hard to beat any team 4 in a row.
Felixians4
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#8 » by Felixians4 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:07 pm

granger05 wrote:He's basically the perfect modern big man. He's not an all-star caliber player though maybe good enough to have snuck onto one in the right circumstance, but you couldn't create a better role player in a lab. He was always in trade rumors because I think everyone recognized this about him. I'm sure that was a frustrating time for him which came through in interviews at the time. After the renegotiate-and-extend he's seemed more mellow and that's helped his game I think. I hope that the organization has built up enough goodwill with him that we're able to keep him around. I'd be very pleased if he played his whole career for the Pacers.

Have a big space to improve rebounding, that is why je is not a perfect i will call premium elite "role players", almost star
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Tom White » Wed May 8, 2024 3:39 pm

Felixians4 wrote: Have a big space to improve rebounding.....

This is one of the big complaints about Turner. In this first game in the Knicks series he played over 30 minutes, yet only managed 2 rebounds. Add to that the shot of him arriving at the game shirtless, wearing his sunglasses inside, strutting like Joe Cool, then becomes the weak sister on the boards. It is fine to have a bit of style, but for Pete's sake back it up with your play.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,150

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed May 8, 2024 8:16 pm

Tom White wrote:
Felixians4 wrote: Have a big space to improve rebounding.....

This is one of the big complaints about Turner. In this first game in the Knicks series he played over 30 minutes, yet only managed 2 rebounds. Add to that the shot of him arriving at the game shirtless, wearing his sunglasses inside, strutting like Joe Cool, then becomes the weak sister on the boards. It is fine to have a bit of style, but for Pete's sake back it up with your play.

Who says he’s styling as Joe Cool Rebounder? What if he’s styling as Joe Cool Shooter? :dontknow:
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by Tom White » Wed May 8, 2024 8:43 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Who says he’s styling as Joe Cool Rebounder? What if he’s styling as Joe Cool Shooter? :dontknow:

Regardless, 2 boards in over 30 minutes is still a poor showing.

Return to Indiana Pacers