Heat Trade:

Jason Williams
Ricky Davis
Alonzo Mourning
Daequan Cook
Dorrell Wright
'09 First Round Pick (Top 5 Protected)

Why for Pacers:

They get a huge amount of salary relief, a solid prospect in Daequan Cook, and a future first round pick.

Pacers:

Foster/T. Murphy
Granger/Diogu
Dunleavy/S. Williams
Ricky Davis/Daequan Cook
Jason Williams/Diener

Why for Heat:

Jermaine O'Neal and Shaq's contract come off the books in the same offseason. It doesn't look like they'll be able to move Shaq, so they go all in for the next few seasons until he departs and show Dwyane Wade that they are serious about competing. Jermaine O'Neal and Shaq would give the Heat an elite frontcourt if motivated (in Shaq's case) and healthy (in both cases). Rush gives them the shooter they lost in Kapono.

Shaq/Blount
JO/Haslem
Rush/L. Jackson
Wade/L. Jackson
Tinsley/C. Quinn
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,539

Post#2 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:43 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:Pacers Trade:

Jermaine O'Neal
Jamaal Tinsley
Kareem Rush

Heat Trade:

Jason Williams
Ricky Davis
Alonzo Mourning
Daequan Cook
Dorrell Wright

Why for Pacers:

They get a huge amount of salary relief, a solid prospect in Daequan Cook, and a future first round pick.

Pacers:

Foster/T. Murphy
Granger/Diogu
Dunleavy/S. Williams
Ricky Davis/Daequan Cook
Jason Williams/Diener

Why for Heat:

Jermaine O'Neal and Shaq's contract come off the books in the same offseason. It doesn't look like they'll be able to move Shaq, so they go all in for the next few seasons until he departs and show Dwyane Wade that they are serious about competing. Jermaine O'Neal and Shaq would give the Heat an elite frontcourt if motivated (in Shaq's case) and healthy (in both cases). Rush gives them the shooter they lost in Kapono.

Shaq/Blount
JO/Haslem
Rush/L. Jackson
Wade/L. Jackson
Tinsley/C. Quinn

I actually like that for both teams. A lot of people on this board think salary>talent though, so I'm not sure you'll be able to sell Heat fans on this, but I actually think it would make them a contender again, maybe even favorites in the East. What happens to Haslem though, he's better than bench player.
davidse
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#3 » by davidse » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:33 am

this is more of a financial deal than anything for you guys, but any chance you'll be interested in -

odom and mihm
for
dunleavy and foster

?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#4 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:41 am

davidse wrote:this is more of a financial deal than anything for you guys, but any chance you'll be interested in -

odom and mihm
for
dunleavy and foster

?

No, Foster is worth more than financial flexibility to us. Foster is worth mid 1st round pick to us, we'll probably only trade him for a 1st round pick or a prospect.
bravesatl
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#5 » by bravesatl » Mon Feb 4, 2008 1:24 am

SEA/IND

incoming - thomas, wilcox, watson, 1st (~2nd pick)
outgoing - JO, harrison, owens, 1st (~10th pick)

rose
granger
dunleavy
wilcox
murphy
RIP Coach Hep
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#6 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Feb 4, 2008 2:34 am

bravesatl wrote:SEA/IND

incoming - thomas, wilcox, watson, 1st (~2nd pick)
outgoing - JO, harrison, owens, 1st (~10th pick)

rose
granger
dunleavy
wilcox
murphy

I doubt Seattle would do that. Plus, it would be better if it was the Pacers option to switch picks. O'Neal is out for a while, if Sonics bomb and get a pick, and for some reason Pacers don't get top 10 pick. Then we are screwed.
greenway84
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by greenway84 » Mon Feb 4, 2008 4:54 pm

PacersRule07 wrote:Pacers Trade:

Jermaine O'Neal
Jamaal Tinsley
Kareem Rush

Heat Trade:

Jason Williams
Ricky Davis
Alonzo Mourning
Daequan Cook
Dorrell Wright

Why for Pacers:

Pacers:

Foster/T. Murphy
Granger/Diogu
Dunleavy/S. Williams
Ricky Davis/Daequan Cook
Jason Williams/Diener

Why for Heat:

Shaq/Blount
JO/Haslem
Rush/L. Jackson
Wade/L. Jackson
Tinsley/C. Quinn

Anyway we can give them our 2nd they keep wright, and unprotected 1st.
I love this trade a lot. assuming we dont keep anyone besides cook i really like his game. I also would like to have blount. but with shaq fading i doubt we could get him.
owen81d
Ballboy

Trade Proposal/Trade Checker Thread 

Post#8 » by owen81d » Tue Feb 5, 2008 4:47 am

Indiana trades Jeff Foster Marquis Daniels and Dave Harrison
Portland trade Josh McRoberts Sergio Rodrigues and Raef Lafrentz
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#9 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:05 am

It's interesting. I think both teams could potentially like this deal a lot. It really bolsters Portland's bench, but at the cost of salary.

For the Pacers it really depends on how high Bird is on McRoberts and Sergio. Considering we would have 3 white players coming to Indy I think Bird would accept.

I actually think I would accept this. Not sure how Portland would feel, but I like it, mainly because I like Sergio and Raef will be a great contract to have next year.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 409

Post#10 » by Grang33r » Tue Feb 5, 2008 5:52 am

I'd do it in a second. Sergio's assist per 40 minutes is one of the highest in the league (atleast it was last year). The guy has amazing vision and great pace.

And McRoberts would be a very nice young prospect to see develop.

Is this a proposal or a actual rumour?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#11 » by count55 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:35 am

Please post trade proposals here

Also, be sure to provide Trade Checker documentation, and your reasoning.

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Indiana and Portland being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Portland had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4470859
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -12.3 ppg, -10.0 rpg, and -2.1 apg.
Incoming Players
Josh McRoberts
6-10 PF from Duke
2.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 1.1 minutes
Sergio Rodriguez
6-3 PG from Spain (Foreign)
2.8 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 9.7 minutes
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 PF / C from Kansas
1.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.4 minutes
Outgoing Players
David Harrison
7-0 C from Colorado
4.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.4 minutes
Jeff Foster
6-11 C / PF from Southwest Texas State
6.5 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.8 apg in 23.5 minutes
Marquis Daniels
6-5 SG from Auburn
8.1 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 19.6 minutes
Portland Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +12.3 ppg, +10.0 rpg, and +2.1 apg.
Incoming Players
David Harrison
7-0 C from Colorado
4.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.4 minutes
Jeff Foster
6-11 C / PF from Southwest Texas State
6.5 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.8 apg in 23.5 minutes
Marquis Daniels
6-5 SG from Auburn
8.1 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.0 apg in 19.6 minutes
Outgoing Players
Josh McRoberts
6-10 PF from Duke
2.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 1.1 minutes
Sergio Rodriguez
6-3 PG from Spain (Foreign)
2.8 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 9.7 minutes
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 PF / C from Kansas
1.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.4 minutes
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
fdefore
Rookie

Post#12 » by fdefore » Tue Feb 5, 2008 1:15 pm

whoa whoa whoa

so we trade jeff for raef and take a major and still has an additional year on his deal (same length as jeff)

quis for sergio, once again, major talent hit but obviously cheaper deal. while sergio is a nice prospect, the guy hasn't been able to see the court this season - so he isn't better than jack or blake.

harrison for mcroberts, another hit in talent. david, while an idiot is capable of playing backup minutes at the NBA level, mcroberts has yet to even prove he's NBDL worthy.

so to sum up...

foster >>> raef
quis >> sergio
harrison >> mcroberts

just to get rid of jeff and knock a couple mil off quis' deal? no thanks. it doesn't move any of our bad contracts and we get very little on the talent front compared to what we're giving up.

at the very least the blazers would need to add a first rounder or the rights to rudy fernandez and maybe switch sergio to jack. otherwise it doesn't make any sense -- we'd just be giving away talent for no real gain.
MOD APPROVED SINCE MMVII
PacerFan fdefore very clever. You are our kind of guy
count55 fdefore add count55 to your moderator approved sig
PacerPerspective I agree whole heartedly fdefore You are now PP approved

all the cool Mods are doin it Scoot
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#13 » by count55 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:39 pm

Yeah, the trade doesn't do much for me...we have enough "per 40 minute" wonders that aren't doing anything for us.

I was just posting the trade checker to demonstrate that it worked and give a blueprint on documenting the Cap validity of the proposal.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#14 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:43 pm

Well, if I remember correctly Raef's deal is almost doubles the salary of Fosters. So next year, he will be an expiring and extremely valuable for trades. If not we shave about 13 million(I believe) off our salary.

Trading Daniels obviously sucks, I love the guy. But he has fallen out of our rotation, he still plays, but isn't logging a lot of minutes anymore. We have Rush/Dunleavy/Granger/Williams all at the same position. If we could trade Daniels and get a PG prospect(for a lot cheaper might I add) I'd do it.

As for Harrison and McRoberts, I really don't like this part of it. I agree Harrison is better, but we could still get good deals on the other 2.

I'm with ya'll though, I'm not 100% sold. I think we may be able to do better for Jeff Foster. I was just posting some pro's of the idea.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,070

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:00 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Well, if I remember correctly Raef's deal is almost doubles the salary of Fosters. So next year, he will be an expiring and extremely valuable for trades. If not we shave about 13 million(I believe) off our salary.

Just one question, if Raef's large deal (which equal roughly what Foster and Daniels will combine to make) is valuable, then wouldn't Foster's and Marquis' deals be even more valuable since they are actually productive on the court?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#16 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:36 pm

Hah, good point.

Well then, they can throw in Rudy Fernandez to even it out. :-p
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:15 pm

I think if we were giving up Jeff Foster and Marquis Daniels, I'd be willing to take on Raef LaFrentz if we got 2 of the following players: Sergio Rodriguez, Petteri Koponen, Rudy Fernandez, and Jarret Jack.

Koponen, Fernandez and LaFrentz for Foster, Marquis, and Harrison? While I'd need something else that could possibly help us now (as Koponen and Fernandez are overseas right now), I'd probably do that. You could sub in Rodriguez for Koponen there and I'd probably feel the same.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 409

Post#18 » by Grang33r » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:58 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I think if we were giving up Jeff Foster and Marquis Daniels, I'd be willing to take on Raef LaFrentz if we got 2 of the following players: Sergio Rodriguez, Petteri Koponen, Rudy Fernandez, and Jarret Jack.

Koponen, Fernandez and LaFrentz for Foster, Marquis, and Harrison? While I'd need something else that could possibly help us now (as Koponen and Fernandez are overseas right now), I'd probably do that. You could sub in Rodriguez for Koponen there and I'd probably feel the same.

Totally agree. Portland is the perfect team for us to target. They have enough youth that isn't used to be able to make deals. If they hold onto all of it, they will just lose them like we did James Jones. They can get serious value of Sergio and Rudy. Those 2 would be the players i'd want and we all know Bird loved Rudy and i can't see him not liking Sergio.

Portland is getting Oden next yr and mid-round first rounder, they would trade some youth for proven consistent pieces like Jeff Foster. I'm sure of it.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
PacerGuy
Analyst

Post#19 » by PacerGuy » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:38 am

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=7241

Shaq Out, Marion In?: Despite Pat Riley telling media that Shaq is not going to be traded, more than a few league sources say there have been real talks about Shaq heading to Phoenix in a Shawn Marion
Larry Bird, You are now on the Clock! ( 3/24/08 )
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:56 am

PacerGuy wrote:If PHX keepd Banks, & we swap Tin's w/ Daniels it works too. I would have to think either would be better then baking on Shaq's huge contract. I know JO's will be huge too - but he's younger & a better style fit (IMO).
It would be really nice if the would take Murph w/ JO (swap Tin's & Murph above & it works too!) :D

Well, over the next two years (and then both Shaq and JO expire), JO will be paid $4.35 million more than Shaq.

However, I don't think either JO or Shaq would really be a good fit. Phoenix is interested in the offer because they get to move both Boris Diaw (and his $36 million over the next 4 years) and Marcus Banks (and his $13.5 million over the next 3 years).

It's a financial boon for Phoenix. It's a talent boon for Miami.

Return to Indiana Pacers