Re: OT: Giants extend Manning 

Post#42 » by krustytheclown » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:18 pm

wow thats a hot picture of tina fey not gunna lie
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,735

Post#43 » by adjacent2bench » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:18 pm

istayripped wrote:Plaxico inflated Eli's stats.
The only time Eli truly impressed me was that SB drive when he fought off that tackle before throwing to Tyree. That was one of the very few times he actually grew balls and fought off a tackle and kept playing. But last season, he went back to being soft. No Plax to bail him out by being 6 inches taller than the DBs covering him.

I want us to get Mike Vick, no joke. Let him battle Eli for the starting position and force Eli to toughen up.

Plax only had one 100 yard game last year now tell me how Plax inflated Eli's stats?
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#44 » by hobojoe2131 » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:25 pm

lol Mark had one mediocre year at USC and now Jets fans are calling him the savior :lol:
^ MP creation
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#45 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:27 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:lol Mark had one mediocre year at USC and now Jets fans are calling him the savior :lol:

hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#46 » by hobojoe2131 » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:28 pm

echelonNYK wrote:
hobojoe2131 wrote:lol Mark had one mediocre year at USC and now Jets fans are calling him the savior :lol:

says the guy hating on Eli...hypocrite much?
^ MP creation
Tony Montana
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#47 » by Tony Montana » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:29 pm

magnumt wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:That bum will be cut in 3 years

The same can be said for the Jets. :roll:

BTW, congrats to Eli...well deserved, and only about 40% of the Contract is guaranteed for a young Franchise QB that got us a ring before his 4th Season in the League (playing less than 50% his 1st Year).

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!

read my other post
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#48 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:32 pm

When did i hate on Eli? all i did was question the WR's.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#49 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:34 pm

Tony Montana wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:That bum will be cut in 3 years

The same can be said for the Jets. :roll:

BTW, congrats to Eli...well deserved, and only about 40% of the Contract is guaranteed for a young Franchise QB that got us a ring before his 4th Season in the League (playing less than 50% his 1st Year).

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!

read my other post

That's even worse. Redskins fans (I know, I have them in my family and as friends), run their mouth every Year (like you are now). They spend every Year, and show NOTHING for it!
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
nyknicks8016
Starter
And1: 623

Post#50 » by nyknicks8016 » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:52 pm

mark my words mark sanchez=bust...jets fans do this every year they get excited about there team and then flop i love it....every year my friend comes to me who is a jets fan and goes yo jets are going to the super bowl and we r going to be better than the giants by the middle of the season he is making excuses
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,806

Post#51 » by YouthMovement » Wed Aug 5, 2009 4:53 pm

Most of you guys on Eli's jock are probably the same ones that wanted him gone before that Super Bowl run. Hakeem Nicks will be a bigger target than Smith. Smith is really just a third down option. You'll see how it Eli does without Amani Toomer and Plax, replacing that with Domenick Hixon and Mario Manningham. With that offensive line and defense, Tim Tebow could have won 12 games last year. Eli has always struggled with accuracy, and Plax's height allowed him to throw the ball anywhere in Plax's area knowing he'd bring it in. Now he doesn't have that option. Expect him to return to his 23 td 20 int days. Remember when he threw 3 int against the Vikings that were all returned for tds? Plus, he's 28 years old.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#52 » by DRoberstonNYY » Wed Aug 5, 2009 5:23 pm

You realize Amani Toomer last year was one of the worst WRs I've ever seen. There is a reason he only signed his contract yesterday. He's not very good anymore. He got open I would say maybe 30-35 times ALL year.

Don't get me wrong, one of the best Giant WRs of all time. But don't act like Eli had a vintage toomer last year because he didn't.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#53 » by blueNorange » Wed Aug 5, 2009 5:27 pm

YouthMovement wrote:Expect him to return to his 23 td 20 int days.

remember when he only had 10 int last year, thank god burress played everygame to save eli from bad passes.

oh wait ...
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
prs
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#54 » by prs » Wed Aug 5, 2009 5:33 pm

The Giants won't have any problems making the playoffs this season. What i'm worried about is the playoffs. If one of the young WR's doesn't break out to be a #1 I think it will be an early exit again this year.

Eli is a good QB but hes not a QB that can make a WR. Personally i'm happy with Eli though. Hes not the most talented QB in the league but he plays very well under pressure. Something a lot of other QB's struggle with.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#55 » by RutgersBJJ » Wed Aug 5, 2009 5:39 pm

35 guaranteed isn't that much. He will never see the huge numbers at the end of this deal. He doesn't deserve that much money, but there really are only 3 qbs that deserve that much money. By the time the ridiculous numbers at the tail end kick in, he will be renegotiating the contract, assuming 1) he wants to actually have other talented players on the team 2) he wants to not be cut for cap reasons. He is a top 10 qb in the NFL, but I really can only name like 5 elite qbs in the NFL. Phillip River's agent loved this deal though, since Rivers is going to have to get more money than Manning.

Manning, if nothing else, deserves this money for 2 years ago. I just hope he knows that this is going to limit what his team can do in regards to adding talent, there is a reason Brady isn't the highest paid player in the league. This is all Matt Stafford and the NFL Draft's fault though. When you have a potential bust making 30+ million guaranteed, a proven commodity is going to ask for at least that.

*edit* I also just checked out Big Ben's insane contract, and Manning deserved at least that much considering he is a better qb than the average Big Ben. If Ben got that contract for just winning a SB, then Manning should get better for actually being good while winning a SB.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#56 » by Tony Montana » Wed Aug 5, 2009 7:26 pm

magnumt wrote:

That's even worse. Redskins fans (I know, I have them in my family and as friends), run their mouth every Year (like you are now). They spend every Year, and show NOTHING for it!

:lol: That's right. Most of my family are all Giants fans and don't ever stop talking ****. Anyway I thought I was complementing the Giants in my post. I guess my hatred runs so deep that I subconsciously take shots at them when I'm trying to say something positive. :lol: BTW, if I do run my mouth, it isn't about the Skins winning anything. I'll take the wait and see approach on that subject with Dan "IT" Snyder at the helm.
GotItNow
Analyst

Post#57 » by GotItNow » Wed Aug 5, 2009 7:36 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:6 years 97 Mill. Now he has the highest salary in the NFL :o I think the Giants overpaid a little.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4378407

A little? Eli is at best a mediocre quarterback. Giants suck at negotiating.
MozGov: But in the game vs. Miami coach allowed me to smell the powder and face LeBron.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#58 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 5, 2009 7:37 pm

Tony Montana wrote:
magnumt wrote:

:lol: That's right. Most of my family are all Giants fans and don't ever stop talking ****. Anyway I thought I was complementing the Giants in my post. I guess my hatred runs so deep that I subconsciously take shots at them when I'm trying to say something positive. :lol: BTW, if I do run my mouth, it isn't about the Skins winning anything. I'll take the wait and see approach on that subject with Dan "IT" Snyder at the helm.

:lol: It's all good bro. It's what makes Football Season/Pre-Season fun. Training Camp is almost here!

magnumt6
I am Ra
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#59 » by I am Ra » Wed Aug 5, 2009 8:00 pm

GotItNow wrote:A little? Eli is at best a mediocre quarterback. Giants suck at negotiating.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shows how much you know. JR has been a master at the GM position and has gotten guys like Cory Webster, Osi, Tuck, jacobs to sign either great deals or good deals.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by magnumt » Wed Aug 5, 2009 8:02 pm

kingofkingz wrote:
GotItNow wrote:A little? Eli is at best a mediocre quarterback. Giants suck at negotiating.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

shows how much you know. JR has been a master at the GM position and has gotten guys like Cory Webster, Osi, Tuck, jacobs to sign either great deals or good deals.

Agreed. The Osi and Tuck deals were freak'n phenomenal steals. Webster and Jocobs were also signed to great deals.

magnumt6

Return to New York Giants