ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: For All You Giants Fans, Jacobs Requested A Trade Today.

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Jammer345
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: OT: For All You Giants Fans, Jacobs Requested A Trade Today. 

Post#21 » by Jammer345 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:07 pm

the funny thing is, that a lot of Jet Fans I know were quiet after the week one loss. Now that they won and the Giants lost they come out and talk ****. To be honest, Jacobs is frustrated, fine, who cares? Our O-line was terrible, looked slow and old, but the fact that the Topic starter essentially baited Giant fans is wrong. Grow up. What was the point to sticking it to Giant fans? Childish antics.
Knicks Fan From Birth!!!
Thank You Donnie for Everything
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#22 » by hobojoe2131 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:08 pm

knicks9784 wrote:

whats worse being a distraction in the offseason, or throwing a hissy fit week 2 after a bad loss?

you can spin either situation however you want. revis was a dbag with his holdout but what jacobs has done is far more immature and worse timing than what revis did. and please dont make it like jacobs just wants to contribute and h'es being passionate. thats bs, he's being immature and he disagrees with what the coaches want him to do. clear by his attempt at being barry sanders again last night and not running downhill like im sure he's been asked to do. he's butting heads with coaches right now because he thinks he should be ahead of bradshaw because of his money.

i wanna make it clear im not defending revis, but what jacobs is doing now i think is more detrimental to his team's success that revis holding out.

To the bolded part: That isn't what I meant for it to come off as at all. He wants to play and feels like he deserves more snaps. He doesn't.

But having the best corner in the league hold out for all of training camp and having essentially a bench player want to be moved are two very different things. The Jets losing Revis would hurt much more than the Giants without Jacobs.
^ MP creation
knicks9784
Starter
And1: 147

Post#23 » by knicks9784 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Jammer345 wrote:the funny thing is, that a lot of Jet Fans I know were quiet after the week one loss. Now that they won and the Giants lost they come out and talk ****. To be honest, Jacobs is frustrated, fine, who cares? Our O-line was terrible, looked slow and old, but the fact that the Topic starter essentially baited Giant fans is wrong. Grow up. What was the point to sticking it to Giant fans? Childish antics.

lol well the same thing happened last week by giants fans when the jets lost

so i dont know what you would have expected. the skys not falling on either team, but the backlash to the jets loss by giants fan's / jet's haters is why the giants are getting it stuck them now after their loss and drama.
Anders wrote:The sweetest revenge is living well! Darius Rucker said it, so you know its real!
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by hobojoe2131 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:09 pm

atribecalledrch wrote:
This is from 2010 BTW. From an article on the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/103258519.html[/quote]

I already read that article. It essentially says that Hawk is not a great fit for them. He is a 4-3 LB playing in a 3-4, and if the Giants offered Jacobs for Hawk, the Packers would be crazy to turn it down.
^ MP creation
atribecalledrch
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#25 » by atribecalledrch » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Jammer345 wrote:the funny thing is, that a lot of Jet Fans I know were quiet after the week one loss. Now that they won and the Giants lost they come out and talk ****. To be honest, Jacobs is frustrated, fine, who cares? Our O-line was terrible, looked slow and old, but the fact that the Topic starter essentially baited Giant fans is wrong. Grow up. What was the point to sticking it to Giant fans? Childish antics.

*sigh* So tired of this BS. Like a broken goddamn record.
Jammer345
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by Jammer345 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 pm

MikeTheIntern32 wrote:
hobojoe2131 wrote:First off, post the link. Second of all, the report isn't confirmed. Third off, we don't need your holier than thou diatribe, because the Jets have as many cry babies on their roster if not more.

First off can you wait one dam second you forum lifer, I was going to post the link right after I posted the article, wait one damn second. Second of all the report hasn't been confirmed but since when has this site been objective to rumors? Third off, I'm not speaking holier than thou, I'm just speaking facts. He got 4 runs last night and had to watch his team get crushed in every aspect of the game. Running, Passing, Giants offense was worthless. He was angered and frustrating, throwing his helmet was a bitch move and requesting a trade after is a bitch move but I can see why he's pissed. By the way can you name the cry babies on the Jets roster for me? Babies is plural so don't just mention Revis holding out training camp. Drop some names and explanations please.

Simple Look to your head coach from last year. He stated his team was not likely to make the playoffs. what kind of coach has a defeatist attitude in the middle of the season/playoff hunt? then turns around and says we will get to the super bowl after a fluke win against the Colts that ultimately saved your playoff hopes? Besides winning cures all ailments, god forbid if/when the Jets hit a slide I wondered what would happen.
Knicks Fan From Birth!!!
knicks9784
Starter

Post#27 » by knicks9784 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:13 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:
knicks9784 wrote:

whats worse being a distraction in the offseason, or throwing a hissy fit week 2 after a bad loss?

you can spin either situation however you want. revis was a dbag with his holdout but what jacobs has done is far more immature and worse timing than what revis did. and please dont make it like jacobs just wants to contribute and h'es being passionate. thats bs, he's being immature and he disagrees with what the coaches want him to do. clear by his attempt at being barry sanders again last night and not running downhill like im sure he's been asked to do. he's butting heads with coaches right now because he thinks he should be ahead of bradshaw because of his money.

i wanna make it clear im not defending revis, but what jacobs is doing now i think is more detrimental to his team's success that revis holding out.

To the bolded part: That isn't what I meant for it to come off as at all. He wants to play and feels like he deserves more snaps. He doesn't.

But having the best corner in the league hold out for all of training camp and having essentially a bench player want to be moved are two very different things. The Jets losing Revis would hurt much more than the Giants without Jacobs.

you're right, though i never really thought revis would miss games. maybe im too cynical but i predicted revis to sign on the finale of hard knocks after the 2nd show lol. of course i cant document it but you get my point, i never thought he'd miss games.

one thing revis never did though was go public with trade demands or try and draw attention to himself during the negotiations. he stayed out of the limelight. here jacobs is using the media to try leverage himself, which i think is immature and a larger distraction mainly because its during the season and only week 2.
Anders wrote:The sweetest revenge is living well! Darius Rucker said it, so you know its real!
Jammer345
Bench Warmer

Post#28 » by Jammer345 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:14 pm

atribecalledrch wrote:

Excuse me, but I do believe that I pointed out where the Giant flaws were last game, I did not blame the Colts or the refs, I blamed the Giant performance. I know me personally, have not said one thing to berate Jet performances until I saw this topic, and how blatant the bait was.
Knicks Fan From Birth!!!
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Re: OT: For All You Giants Fans, Jacobs Requesting Trade Today 

Post#29 » by hobojoe2131 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 pm

MikeTheIntern32 wrote:
hobojoe2131 wrote:First off, post the link. Second of all, the report isn't confirmed. Third off, we don't need your holier than thou diatribe, because the Jets have as many cry babies on their roster if not more.

First off can you wait one dam second you forum lifer, I was going to post the link right after I posted the article, wait one damn second. Second of all the report hasn't been confirmed but since when has this site been objective to rumors? Third off, I'm not speaking holier than thou, I'm just speaking facts. He got 4 runs last night and had to watch his team get crushed in every aspect of the game. Running, Passing, Giants offense was worthless. He was angered and frustrating, throwing his helmet was a bitch move and requesting a trade after is a bitch move but I can see why he's pissed. By the way can you name the cry babies on the Jets roster for me? Babies is plural so don't just mention Revis holding out training camp. Drop some names and explanations please.

Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, Antonio "Scottie Pippen" Cromartie. All immature babies.
^ MP creation
atribecalledrch
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by atribecalledrch » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Jammer345 wrote:
atribecalledrch wrote:

Excuse me, but I do believe that I pointed out where the Giant flaws were last game, I did not blame the Colts or the refs, I blamed the Giant performance. I know me personally, have not said one thing to berate Jet performances until I saw this topic, and how blatant the bait was.

That comment doesnt sway the fact that it's the same BS over and over again.
knicks9784
Starter

Post#31 » by knicks9784 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:17 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:
MikeTheIntern32 wrote:

Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, Antonio "Scottie Pippen" Cromartie. All immature babies.

i'll give u bart scott (i'll never forget when i had to shake my head for his comments after the dolphin game and the wildcat shredded them up), but what have the other 2 done since being with the jets to make them immature babies?
MikeTheIntern32
Junior

Post#32 » by MikeTheIntern32 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:20 pm

knicks9784 wrote:

so i dont know what you would have expected. the skys not falling on either team, but the backlash to the jets loss by giants fan's / jet's haters is why the giants are getting it stuck them now after their loss and drama.

I don't give two **** about the Giants honestly. Unless they're playing the Jets IDGAF. But since someone decided to quickly make a post to shame Jets fans after their lost to the Ravens, you better believe we aren't gonna just sit and take that ****. You sound like a little girl. "C'mon guys, why are you kicking me while I'm down and at my lowest point? Thats uncalled for and childish." Grow up...? STFU, stop crying like a bitch and man up, you lost. Take the punishment, don't start nothin' won't be nothin'. Its already been started so it's gonna be sometin'. Live with it. If you don't like it GTFO the topic and read something else.
knicks9784
Starter

Post#33 » by knicks9784 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm

MikeTheIntern32 wrote:
knicks9784 wrote:

I don't give two **** about the Giants honestly. Unless they're playing the Jets IDGAF. But since someone decided to quickly make a post to shame Jets fans after their lost to the Ravens, you better believe we aren't gonna just sit and take that ****. You sound like a little girl. "C'mon guys, why are you kicking me while I'm down and at my lowest point? Thats uncalled for and childish." Grow up...? STFU, stop crying like a bitch and man up, you lost. Take the punishment, don't start nothin' won't be nothin'. Its already been started so it's gonna be sometin'. Live with it. If you don't like it GTFO the topic and read something else.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,342

Post#34 » by Fat Kat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 pm

There was plenty of talk from Giant fans last week so they should expect it to be reciprocated. If you don't like it, don't read it. So please just STFU with that "grow up" bullsh*t.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Stephon4LVP
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#35 » by Stephon4LVP » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:25 pm

You know both teams have the same record, right?
MikeTheIntern32
Junior

Post#36 » by MikeTheIntern32 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 pm

i'll give u bart scott (i'll never forget when i had to shake my head for his comments after the dolphin game and the wildcat shredded them up), but what have the other 2 done since being with the jets to make them immature babies?

Yeah I'll give you Bart Scott as well but what have the others done? Kris Jenkins has been nothing but optimistic about returning to the field even though he got injured again, and Cromartie said he would be pleased to be Revis' SIDEKICK. That surprised the hell out of me that he admitted that. To admit you're Scottie Pippen to Revis isn't being a crybaby. What have the other two done?
atribecalledrch
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by atribecalledrch » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Look Jacobs is not gonna find a team. He is in the second year of his 25 mil contract so why should the Packers pay that much for a backup? And Jacobs isnt even a top 20 RB in this league. Theirs alot of guys more coveted than him.
knicks9784
Starter

Post#38 » by knicks9784 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 pm

atribecalledrch wrote:Look Jacobs is not gonna find a team. He is in the second year of his 25 mil contract so why should the Packers pay that much for a backup? And Jacobs isnt even a top 20 RB in this league. Theirs alot of guys more coveted than him.

if mcfadden goes down, he's a raider lol
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,626

Post#39 » by bishnykfan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:37 pm

knicks9784 wrote:

lol ok lets see the list of jets who demanded a trade week 2 after not getting enough carries and getting benched for throwing his helmet into the stands

hahaha

guess what giant fans the sky is falling lol (sound familiar)

You're right, that does sound familiar. It sounds just like what I heard after week two three years ago after the Giants gave up 80 points in two weeks. How did that season end up?

Jacobs is an immature overrated baby, and probably will force his way out of NY although probably not until the offseason. He really is not doing anything different then what Braylon Edwards did in forcing his way out of Cleveland. Both teams have guys that are probably not great guys, although the Jets did seem to grab a couple this offseason with Holmes/Cromartie.

The fact is that the Jets and Giants are both 1-1. Neither team has looked very good through two weeks so anyone starting a thread, on either side, to bash the other team or its fans, is probably in denial about their own teams shortcomings.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,933

Post#40 » by Rich Rane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:37 pm

atribecalledrch wrote:Look Jacobs is not gonna find a team. He is in the second year of his 25 mil contract so why should the Packers pay that much for a backup? And Jacobs isnt even a top 20 RB in this league. Theirs alot of guys more coveted than him.

Well if the Packers are really willing to let A.J. Hawk go and trade him for someone like Jacobs, I believe they would save around almost $1 million. However, the Giants could face stiff competition from the Bills with Lynch and the Ravens with McGahee.

Return to New York Giants