ImageImageImageImageImage

Your Favorite Giant of all time...(past & present)

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Your Favorite Giant of all time...(past & present) 

Post#1 » by ElMatatan » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:59 pm

My favorite player of all time is Lawrence Taylor. Even though I never got to watch him play, all of the videos, biography, books,ect....I seen about duke made me a big time Giants fan...this guy brought intimidation to another level....he changed the way the game is played.

Right now my favorite player is Mathias Kiwanuka, He made a lot of rookies mistake this upcoming season but he has the potential to be a great pass rusher in the NFL..sort off like a Jevon Kearse....

so what you guys think?? who are your current favorite Giants player and your favorite of all time...
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#2 » by idajazz » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:28 pm

LT, no question about it.
It was his ability to take over a game from the D side of the ball that made me a Giants fan.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:32 pm

Yup, abso-freakin-lutely. Watching LT on Sundays was just pure joy. None of his 'warts' ever clouded my judgement about him as a player. He was the best defensive player in the league, EVER.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#4 » by ElMatatan » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:31 pm

question for those that got to watch LT play, did they brag about LT like they brag now about Ladanian Tomlinson or did they just talked about him briefly sort off like Michael Strahan??
NY State of Mind
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:38 am

They talked about LT like they talk about KG... Taylor simply revolutionized the position like few before him. He was the one player every opponent game-planned around. He was so disruptive, so forceful, so effective, he could almost win games by himself. For a defensive player, that's just mind boggling. Of course, Taylor delivered two rings, while KG has yet to get to the Finals. :wink:
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#6 » by Da Schwab » Tue Apr 3, 2007 1:30 pm

Favorite Past Player: Mark Bavaro
Favorite Present Player: Jeremy Shockey

These two are total opposites that play the same position.

When Bavaro played, he was on the field to do three things: block, catch, and bulldoze defenders.

When Shockey plays, he's on the field to do three things: talk trash into your ear until you go deaf, catch, and talk some more.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#7 » by ElMatatan » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:29 am

mjhp911 wrote:They talked about LT like they talk about KG... Taylor simply revolutionized the position like few before him. He was the one player every opponent game-planned around. He was so disruptive, so forceful, so effective, he could almost win games by himself. For a defensive player, that's just mind boggling. Of course, Taylor delivered two rings, while KG has yet to get to the Finals. :wink:

thanks...nice to hear he got as much praise as he deserved....
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#8 » by ElMatatan » Wed Apr 4, 2007 3:31 am

gunnabdaschwab09 wrote:Favorite Past Player: Mark Bavaro
Favorite Present Player: Jeremy Shockey

These two are total opposites that play the same position.

When Bavaro played, he was on the field to do three things: block, catch, and bulldoze defenders.

When Shockey plays, he's on the field to do three things: talk trash into your ear until you go deaf, catch, and talk some more.

I like Shockey but IMO he should sometimes shut and let his playing do the talking....Amani toomer was probably our best offensive player and he barely never spoke bad about anyone or talked thrash..
NjNeTs1029
Starter
And1: 98

Post#9 » by NjNeTs1029 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:09 pm

LT without a doubt
Supreme Commander
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Supreme Commander » Wed Apr 4, 2007 5:15 pm

Jason Sehorn. He's soooo dreamy.
StutterStep wrote:paragraph breaks
TheHassassin
Banned User

Post#11 » by TheHassassin » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:12 pm

LT

and shockey needs to keep the talk coming. People like to trash him but the guy plays his ass off for the G Men
Official hitman of the New Jersey Nets forum

mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#12 » by mugzi » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:52 pm

LT was without question. He was so fast, sometimes he could literally anticipate the snap count and floor a QB coming off that end the moment after he snapped the ball
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:52 pm

Past: LT, Bavaro and Carson (even though like El I never watched them play except for the superbowl tapes)

Present: Jacobs or Kiwi
Next-town-clown
Banned User

Post#14 » by Next-town-clown » Thu Apr 5, 2007 10:15 pm

I think most people would say LT when considering the past(despite the coke problem). However, perhaps the more interesting question raised above is who is your favorite Giant now. I think mine right now is Brandon Jacobs. I love how he is so big and fast and can fight through tackles. I like Strahan a lot but he seems injury prone and on his way out of this league. Overall, I am not completely sure. Football is a much more team game than other sports with so many players involved that I just like the team.
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#15 » by ElMatatan » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:31 am

Jacobs is a great/amazing tough yard running back...he kind of reminds me of Gary Brown....I just hope he is able to hold on to the ball and don't make dumb mistakes.....I'm pretty sure Coughlin will make Jacobs a smart football player like he made tiki.
NY State of Mind
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Supreme Commander » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:39 am

Next-town-clown wrote:I think most people would say LT when considering the past(despite the coke problem). However, perhaps the more interesting question raised above is who is your favorite Giant now. I think mine right now is Brandon Jacobs. I love how he is so big and fast and can fight through tackles. I like Strahan a lot but he seems injury prone and on his way out of this league. Overall, I am not completely sure. Football is a much more team game than other sports with so many players involved that I just like the team.

Favorite Giant right now has to be Antonio Pierce. I love that guy.

In all seriousness, I did watch LT growing up but was probablyu a little too young to fully appreciate his greatness. So, I'd have to say my favorite Giant ever was Jessie Armstead.
Next-town-clown
Banned User

Post#17 » by Next-town-clown » Fri Apr 6, 2007 7:30 am

Supreme Commander wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Favorite Giant right now has to be Antonio Pierce. I love that guy.

In all seriousness, I did watch LT growing up but was probablyu a little too young to fully appreciate his greatness. So, I'd have to say my favorite Giant ever was Jessie Armstead.

When my best friend got married and I was the best man his best man gift to me was a new york giant jersey. I had the choice of Armstead or Strahan(on the back of the jersey) and unfortunately I chose Armstead. I actually wore this jersey in washington last year(armstead was a skin after he left the g-men) to a game at the end of the season in washington last year. I had a jacket on as well, however, I am still happy they substituted plastic for the glass that beers usually come in.
OAKTREE NYK1
Bench Warmer
Location: Sunny Fort Liquordale,FL Originally from the Bronx,NY

Post#18 » by OAKTREE NYK1 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 7:52 pm

Past: Jeff Hostetler

Present: Aaron Pierce
"I cant help the poor if I'am one of them, so I got rich and gave back to me that's the win win" Jay-Z
ElMatatan
General Manager

Post#19 » by ElMatatan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:14 am

OAKTREE NYK1 wrote:Past: Jeff Hostetler

Present: Aaron Pierce

Who's Jeff Hostetler and Aaron Pierce??
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#20 » by Da Schwab » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:51 am

ElMatatan wrote:Who's Jeff Hostetler and Aaron Pierce??

Here's a chance to learn some Giants history... also try to find some SB XXV tape: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Hostetler

And it's Antonio.... Aaron Pierce is a guy on 24.

Return to New York Giants