ImageImageImageImageImage

How mad are you about Coughlin being back/does it matter?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

How upset are you that Coughlin is back?(from 0-10)

Total votes: 0

Next-town-clown
Banned User
And1: 0

How mad are you about Coughlin being back/does it matter? 

Post#1 » by Next-town-clown » Thu Apr 5, 2007 10:22 pm

I'm just curious how upset you guys are about him being back and whether you think it matters that he is back. It seems like the players didn't like him and I read somewhere that Strahan asked for a trade in the offseason. However, football is a little different that other sports because there are so many coaches and so many players.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#2 » by ElMatatan » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:20 am

I didn't want him in the first place, so ever since we first picked him up. I haven't been happy....now, I'm not too mad that he is coming back because there was just not that many good options out there to replace him. At least after next year we can hope to get Cowher or some other good coach...

My only problem with Coughlin coming back this year is that I just know that we are not going to go or win the superbowl...it is just going to be another mediocre season...
NY State of Mind
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#3 » by nykgeneralmanager » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:51 am

I'd say a 10. Aside from the fact that he is simply not a good coach, the team will not respond to him this season. Every player on this roster knows that he is a lame duck and with a bad season, he is gone. It reminds me of what happened in Fassel's last season. It is absolutely pointless, especially considering the fact that good coaches were available this offseason.
Next-town-clown
Banned User

Post#4 » by Next-town-clown » Fri Apr 6, 2007 2:07 am

Yes, but do we have any shot at the big game that is parcells for gm/coach next season? I'll take coughlin for a season to have the big tuna in the next season.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:08 am

I'm more of less ambivalent about him. If we do well, then great. If we do poorly, then off with his head. Frankly, I don't think we've had a good offseason, so far. I think Reese waited too long to make some moves, or 'skimped' out too much. I'll reserve judgement 'til after the draft. But I get the feeling this is a rebuilding year for us.

I also think the game has passed Parcells by, so no to him.
Next-town-clown
Banned User

Post#6 » by Next-town-clown » Fri Apr 6, 2007 7:35 am

mjhp911 wrote:I'm more of less ambivalent about him. If we do well, then great. If we do poorly, then off with his head. Frankly, I don't think we've had a good offseason, so far. I think Reese waited too long to make some moves, or 'skimped' out too much. I'll reserve judgement 'til after the draft. But I get the feeling this is a rebuilding year for us.

I also think the game has passed Parcells by, so no to him.

I wouldn't be so quick to pass on the big Tuna. He is very smart and I would love to have him back next year as a gm/coach.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#7 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sun Apr 8, 2007 2:09 am

Next-town-clown wrote:Yes, but do we have any shot at the big game that is parcells for gm/coach next season? I'll take coughlin for a season to have the big tuna in the next season.

We could've had a chance had we not jumped the gun. I'm not even really talking about him, though. We definitely could've had Pioli as our GM right now if we wanted to, and he would've been smart enough to get a good coach. There were a lot available this offseason, I wish we would've went after Rivera.
Supreme Commander
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Supreme Commander » Mon Apr 9, 2007 3:17 am

I wanted him gone, but this is how ownership sees it (and I kind of agree after thing about it):

Both of the previous owners died. The GM retired. If the Giants fired Coughlin, every management position would have changed. That's a lot of discontinuity.
StutterStep wrote:paragraph breaks
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#9 » by Da Schwab » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:41 am

10 for me.... I had this made for a reason.

krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#10 » by krustytheclown » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:39 am

as much as i hate him it was a good move retaining him this year. they will prob go after charlie weis or bill cowher at the end of this season
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#11 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:07 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:I'd say a 10. Aside from the fact that he is simply not a good coach, the team will not respond to him this season. Every player on this roster knows that he is a lame duck and with a bad season, he is gone. It reminds me of what happened in Fassel's last season. It is absolutely pointless, especially considering the fact that good coaches were available this offseason.

:nod: and if there was a 10 +++ I'd pick that one :evil:

Return to New York Giants