Post#22 » by mjhp911 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 am

BIG GAME! Let's get it on, Pittsburgh! :box:
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: GAME THREAD! 

Post#23 » by SD2042 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm expecting a tough game in this matchup. At the end of the game, I would like to see the Steelers come out on top.

Good luck and may the best team win.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:04 pm

I think Eli will play better with Plax on the bench. He'll spread the ball around more evenly and look for Hixon and Smith to have very good games. Hixon could go over 100 yds again.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#25 » by el loco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:41 pm

SD2042 wrote:I'm expecting a tough game in this matchup. At the end of the game, I would like to see the Steelers come out on top.

The team that deserved to win won, but I don't think the best team won this game. I think the Steelers gave this game away today. A win is a win though, so congrats to the Giants and their fans. As for me and the rest of the Steeler nation, this loss is a tough loss to stomach. :cry:
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#26 » by Little Italia » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 am

el loco wrote:
SD2042 wrote:I'm expecting a tough game in this matchup. At the end of the game, I would like to see the Steelers come out on top.

The team that deserved to win won, but I don't think the best team won this game. I think the Steelers gave this game away today. A win is a win though, so congrats to the Giants and their fans. As for me and the rest of the Steeler nation, this loss is a tough loss to stomach. :cry:

So you gave us 2 points but yet we won by 7? So you gave us that touchdown to Kevin Boss? WOW!! Thank you so much! :roll:

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#27 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:06 am

^ I guess they also let the Giants sack Big Ben 5 times and they also Big Ben threw it away 4 times on purpose. Regardless of the Safety, they still would have to score a TD to win, so scoring a Field Goal would not change a thing.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#28 » by el loco » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:23 am

^^^Dang guys, it is okay to agree to disagree. :lol:

Big Ben throwing 4 pics (very uncommon), a touchdown that got wiped out from a penalty, a snap that went over the punter's head for a safety, which also gave the ball back to the Giants with a short field. The Steelers played a sloppy game, and IMO should have won this game.

We allow that many sacks to every team we play that has an above average defense, that is the Steelers weakness and it will more than likely be the teams downfall as the season progresses. Still, I thought that we could/should have pulled out the Win in this game.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#29 » by mjhp911 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:40 am

Man, that was a tough game. I loved the grit and doggedness we showed. It was a lot like all the playoff wins we had last season... bending, but not breaking. We're starting to show the heart of a lion, but I dearly hope we don't keep thinking we can come back in every tough game. We need to step on their throats early, and deliver the kill blow not long after.

We NEED to mix up Jacobs and Ward much better. We're getting predictable. If we hadn't opened up the playbook down the stretch, we could have easily lost this game. The defense was tight, but we're still showing holes in the secondary.

Those refs were awful. As defending champs, we NEED to be shown more respect by them. Jacobs clearly carried the ball past the plane on that 4th down play in one of those camera angles. Then those defensive holding/pass interference non-calls were awful. That offensive holding call on Boss was bogus too. Jeez, can't a defending champ get more respect out there?

It should be a good game against the 'Girls.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#30 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am

el loco wrote:

Disagree vehemently. The Giants dominated this game. All of the Steeler's points came on two big plays which were the result of missed assignments, a 32 yard run by Moore and a 65 yard TD catch by Washington. Other than that, the Steeler's offense was absolutely shut down. The Giants also were able to consistantly move the ball on the Steeler's defense. We went on five scoring drives and had six redzone trips, we just weren't able to convert those trips into touchdowns. Some of that credit belongs to the Steeler's D and some of that blame lies with the Giants who have been unable to convert consistantly in the red zone for as long as I've been alive.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#31 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Nov 3, 2008 12:56 am

Corey Webster has really picked up his game since last years Superbowl run. He is easily our best CB, great to see a guy like him turn his game around after being in the dog house early in the season last year.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:13 am

A most satisfying win! :thumbsup:

I'm so stoked about both our lines, offensive and defensive, especially the defensive line. Today wasn't really a test though. Dallas' QB's sucked today. McNabb is going to present a greater challenge. And Westbrook, oy, he always gives us headaches. Eli better get his turnovers in order down the stretch. But let's enjoy this one for a bit...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,296

Post#33 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 3, 2008 6:54 am

it's amazing how awesome this defensive line that's leading the nfl in sacks is doing this without osi. next year, next year.

oh and justin tuck is gonna be special ... when you can make an impact even if your getting 2 guys thrown at you, you're a top player in the league.

8.5 sacks for tuck ... how many sacks do you think he ends up with??

terrell thomas had an awesome game and showed why reese drafted him, very physical and has good man to man coverage. that tackle on owens was a thing of beauty.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#34 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Nov 4, 2008 2:05 am

I love Justin Tuck.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
I_Love_NYK
RealGM

Post#35 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Nov 5, 2008 1:49 am

Passing game has to get in touch though. Eli has not thrown for over 200 yards the pass 3 games. That INT from Eli to Plax was a mixture of both. Eli wanted Plax to run a fade and Plax was wide open down field.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by mjhp911 » Thu Nov 6, 2008 6:15 pm

Why am I suddenly feeling uneasy about the Iggles?
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by mjhp911 » Sat Nov 8, 2008 6:51 am

Butler is out for the game...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,296

Post#38 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:51 am

what an awesome game, giants defense was awesome despite getting a sack.

major props to michael johnson for stopping westbrook on 3rd down and MAJOR major props to blackburn for stopping westbrook on 4th down.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,626

Post#39 » by adjacent2bench » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:59 am

That game took 11 years outta my life.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:39 am

Woot!

I couldn't believe Westbrook looked so impotent against us. Until you look at all our opponents this season, save the Brownies. They ALL start shying away from hits as the game wears on. Westbrook just fell to the ground, on those big plays, after being hit just once. Every opponent starts wearing down against us at the end of the game, we hit SO hard. I couldn't stop laughing last week in fact, when that Cowgirl defensive back didn't even bother to hit our RB, en route to another score.

This was a hard fought game, but we really deserved it. We just have to beat the Deadskins one more time, to secure the division. We effectively have a 4 game lead on both the Iggles and 'Girls.

But we shouldn't let up. And I don't think we will. This team is so focused, so intent on getting back. Onwards and upwards!

Return to New York Giants