ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 5: Falcons @ Jets (Oct. 7, 8:40PM, ESPN)

Moderator: Rich Rane

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Re: Week 5: Falcons @ Jets (Oct. 7, 8:40PM, ESPN) 

Post#41 » by zilby » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:36 am

Rich Rane wrote:
zilby wrote:OPTIMISM.

Shut up! :lol:

Hawaiian pizza is good.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#42 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:36 am

ibraheim718 wrote:I've been impressed with both Geno and Pryor so far this year.. the problem is young QB's like Luck, Kap, and Wilson have raised the bar for what a young QB should look like.. I think both Smith and Pryor play with the poise a QB needs to play with.

Geno has QB tools, he really just needs experience and a more protective line.

Glad he got all those turnovers out the way...none tonite is a thing of beauty. :D
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#43 » by Shark » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:38 am

Great game indeed.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,572

Post#44 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:39 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:I've been impressed with both Geno and Pryor so far this year.. the problem is young QB's like Luck, Kap, and Wilson have raised the bar for what a young QB should look like.. I think both Smith and Pryor play with the poise a QB needs to play with.

Glad he got all those turnovers out the way...none tonite is a thing of beauty. :D

I'm sure he's going to make a lot more mistakes throughout the season but that's what young QB's used to do.

I like his arm strength.. he looks comfortable in the pocket and out of it.. he's also a big kid.

What do you think of Terrell Pryor so far? All things considering.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#45 » by Greenie » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:49 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

I'm sure he's going to make a lot more mistakes throughout the season but that's what young QB's used to do.

I like his arm strength.. he looks comfortable in the pocket and out of it.. he's also a big kid.

I know you didn't ask me, but.......

When Pryor came out I wanted the Jets to grab him in that supplemental draft even though we had Mark starting.

As he grows as a passer he's gonna be something special.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:49 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

I think he'll be ok as well, thats my wifes team though, so i have to support some. :D

One thing I look for in a QB outside of actual skill is confidence, and he has a boatload of it.

he'll be fine, just gotta have his coaching staff trust him and let him learn...it's his spot as far as I'm concerned.

ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#47 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:58 am

greenhughes wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Geno has QB tools, he really just needs experience and a more protective line.

I know you didn't ask me, but.......

When Pryor came out I wanted the Jets to grab him in that supplemental draft even though we had Mark starting.

As he grows as a passer he's gonna be something special.

You can quote me anytime.. :wink: except when you put me on ignore. :wavefinger:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#48 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Oct 8, 2013 4:00 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Geno has QB tools, he really just needs experience and a more protective line.

I think he'll be ok as well, thats my wifes team though, so i have to support some. :D

One thing I look for in a QB outside of actual skill is confidence, and he has a boatload of it.

he'll be fine, just gotta have his coaching staff trust him and let him learn...it's his spot as far as I'm concerned.

Needs a couple more weapons also... preferable a good athletic TE and a reliable RB... My birds are ruining there chances at drafting one of the QB's in this years draft with meaningless wins like yesterdays. :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#49 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 8, 2013 12:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:This will be an epic loss, face it.

I"m glad I was wrong. The D on this team is puzzling. They look really good one week and pedestrian another, though I think they have the potential to be good + all season.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#50 » by TKF » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:47 pm

I was at the game last night. Falcons fans were leaving when the jets went up 27-14 with a whole qtr left.... that 4th and 2 pass int.. call was BS, i was yelling all types of obscenities... haha, but I love the way geno marched the team down the field, found Hill twice, kerley and the audible on third down to a run was sweet... then the FG kick went through and the Dome was quiet.. LOL..

Great ride back to my car on marta, me and my buddy(another jets fan) were just floating, we went over to our buddies house and celebrated drinking beer till 3 in the morning.. LOL... what a win.. Geno grew up last night..

Goodson also showed some flash as well..

One thing I will say, everyone is taking note of our defensive line..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#51 » by TKF » Tue Oct 8, 2013 3:50 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:

Big kid, very good athlete, not sure of his pocket instincts and ability..seems more comfortable outside of the pocket, while Geno is a pocket passer who can run.... not a huge fan of pryor at this point...
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#52 » by Shemy » Tue Oct 8, 2013 8:50 pm

Good win

Geno was awesome

I also love that fvkn front seven, Harris looks legit once more, I fvkn love Demario Davis and words can't describe my love for Mo Wilkerson....Richardson has also looked good

The secondary looks lame
"They scared now"
DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Post#53 » by DowNY » Tue Oct 8, 2013 10:30 pm

I can't wait to have a legit #1 WR in Sammy Watkins or Marqise Lee next season to add to Geno's arsenal.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 734

Post#54 » by Barcs » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:08 am

So much for those analysts predicting 3-4 wins tops for the Jets. Too hilarious. Any real fan knew the Jets weren't even close to the worst team in the league. I don't even know where that idea even came from. This past off season was an all out massacre on Rex Ryan and the Jets by the media and now they are all eating crow. Too Funny, even though the refs intentionally tried to screw us out of that game with piss poor penalties and phantom calls.

What's even better is that Giants fans were constantly nagging me throughout the off season, saying garbage like, "yeah you guys might get lucky and win a game or 2". Now I just look at them and smile. I don't even need to stoop to their level and insult them as they did constantly all off season.

Geno just had a game better than any game Sanchez has ever had. That's a good sign 5 games into his career. Hopefully Geno can be THAT guy and lead us to a bright future.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:20 am

TKF wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Big kid, very good athlete, not sure of his pocket instincts and ability..seems more comfortable outside of the pocket, while Geno is a pocket passer who can run.... not a huge fan of pryor at this point...

BTW, I bet those rounds taste so much better when free.:lol:

Sent from my SGH M-919 using RealGM Forums app

Return to New York Jets