Other( specify)
44%

Total votes: 9

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Who's ur 2015 starting QB 

Post#1 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Mar 7, 2015 5:24 pm

I want foles to be our qb. Only 26. If it works out, we could be good for a while
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Re: Who's ur 2015 starting QB 

Post#2 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sun Mar 8, 2015 4:19 pm

What's other?
Imageceltics
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#3 » by Grover » Sun Mar 8, 2015 6:49 pm

Sorry. Though it is far too early for these guesses I'll go with Locker due to his higher ceiling than the other free agent QBs.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#4 » by Shemy » Sun Mar 8, 2015 7:39 pm

seems that the jets have severe interest in hoyer, id rather stay away from him

id like to get one of these youngish guys like a locker, or a foles (if theirs any truth to the Eagles rumors)

im actually for picking mariota if hes their and actually keeping him....with the right coaching think he can be a taller stronger russell wilson
"They scared now"
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#5 » by Rich Rane » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:41 pm

Looks like Hoyer's going to Houston and Gailey wants Fitzpatrick. Decent last season, but I'm just not that excited for this.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#6 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Mar 9, 2015 9:14 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Looks like Hoyer's going to Houston and Gailey wants Fitzpatrick. Decent last season, but I'm just not that excited for this.

I'd take Fitzpatrick. We have ivory and Powell to run. A decent qb is good enough
Imageceltics
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#7 » by Rich Rane » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:27 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Looks like Hoyer's going to Houston and Gailey wants Fitzpatrick. Decent last season, but I'm just not that excited for this.

I'd take Fitzpatrick. We have ivory and Powell to run. A decent qb is good enough

About Powell:
viewtopic.php?f=171&t=1359312&start=80#p42960602
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#8 » by Yankeeknickfan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 pm

So much for foles
Imageceltics
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#9 » by Shemy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:38 am

Maybe they give us Bradford :lol:
"They scared now"
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Shemy wrote:Maybe they give us Bradford :lol:

If it was just the 2 ACL tears OR just the contract, then it may be a reasonable thought, but combined the 2 ACL tears with that gigantic contract Bradford has and...wow...

There is talk that the Eagles traded for Sam Bradford not to keep but rather to trade him in a package to the Titans at no.2 so they can land Mariotta. Now the question obviously is, why would the Titans want a soon to be 28 year old QB that has had 2 ACL tears in the same knee, who is owed a whopping $12.9 million guaranteed for next season AND who hasn't exactly set the world on fire when he has played (all of 7 games over the past 2 years). But, yeah, the belief is that the Eagles acquired Bradford because some "other" team wants him.

Could that some other team be the Jets?

The Jets still have some capspace and Bradford could be viewed as a big talent that just hasn't gotten the right shake. I think the Geno Smith experiment is pretty much over. Ryan Fitzpatrick had his best years under the new Jets offensive coordinator but is already 32 years old. There was a report, a while back, BEFORE the Eagles made the trade for Bradford, that at least one team picking at or near the top of the 2015 draft, in need of a QB, that actually rated Bradford higher than either Winston or Mariotta (believe it or not). There are 3 teams in the top of the 2015 draft in need of QB's...Tampa, Tennessee and the Jets.

So it is possible theoretically that the Jets is that team (or one of those teams) and that if they can land Bradford (who was drafted no.1 overall in 2010 for a reason) in a trade for the no.6 that it won't cost the Eagles as much as just trying to trade for the no.6 using draft picks. Would Sam Bradford (who again is still an extremely talented QB) and the Eagles no.20, and their 2nd round pick, get the no.6? That would mean that the Eagles would have gotten their man for basically Foles and the no.20 instead of Foles, the no.20, the 2015 2nd round, the 2016 1st rounder, etc.

Again, Geno Smith I think has started his last game as a Jet if the new management has any choice. Ryan Fitzpatrick is 32 years old and probably best as a backup QB or "better than Geno Smith" option. The Jets made a whole bunch of moves to bring in veteran players that aren't getting any younger. Mariotta is going to take some time (1-2 years minimum) to adjust to Gailey's system (if he can at all). I don't think Mariotta is a sure bet anything as far as the Jets go even if he still is on the board at 6. Bradford is known as a great leader, an extremely accurate passer and a guy that is extremely sharp and really a better fit for Gailey's offense. Get Bradford, draft Gurley and then with an extra pick in this draft, add depth (Jet's lost some picks to trades).
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Now one of the NFL.com analysts is projecting that the Jets will draft Mariotta and trade him not to the Eagles but rather to the Browns (I'm guessing for the Browns 2 1st round picks...12 and 19...and 2nd rounder). Of course the analyst (Charlie Casserly) that is saying this is the same one that Bill Belichick said was clueless.
goldenbrandon
Senior
And1: 106

Post#12 » by goldenbrandon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Robert Griffin the 3rd. This of coarse if the skins take Mariota at 5, then we trade the 6th for RG3. I know it's not the popular pick, but he's still young and if he is healthy we get a steal. A change in environment is all he needs. A healthy motivated RG3 with a lot to prove is all we need
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,842

Post#13 » by Triple C » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:42 am

Geno Smith hasn't exactly captured the elusive hearts of New York Jets fans just yet, but he'll get another shot at the feat in 2015. Currently slated to be the starter come Week 1, Smith will still need to beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick and rookie Bryce Petty for the job, with the quarterback battle set to begin next week in training camp.
Even though Smith has a career 25-to-34 touchdown-to-interception ratio, he's still viewed as the Jets' best option at quarterback. One man who's found some positives in Smith's game is NFL insider Adam Schefter. Talking with Armen and Levack on 104.5 The Team on ESPN Radio, Schefter had this to say about the Jets' No. 1 quarterback:
"I think there are some encouraging signs. There are some people I have spoken with who have spent some time with Geno this offseason. They say that he’s a different guy and that a light has gone off. That he’s really looked like an effective quarterback."
All encouraging words for Jets fans to hear, but it certainly doesn't mean Smith will be a Pro Bowl quarterback this season -- or ever, for that matter. Schefter does believe that new offensive coordinator, Chan Gailey, will have positive impact on Smith's game this season.
"I happen to think that he’s going to look pretty good under Chan Gaily this year, their new offensive coordinator," Schefter said.
Smith will play a big part if the Jets are to have an sustainable success this season. With a menacing defense and Brandon Marshall on the outside, Smith is in position to succeed -- he'll just have to make the most of his playing time.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/adam-schefter-sees-encouraging-signs-in-geno-smith-072015?cmpid=traffic%3Apartner%3Ableacherreport

We should continue to give trust to Geno or starts Fitz?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Triple C wrote:Geno Smith hasn't exactly captured the elusive hearts of New York Jets fans just yet, but he'll get another shot at the feat in 2015. Currently slated to be the starter come Week 1, Smith will still need to beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick and rookie Bryce Petty for the job, with the quarterback battle set to begin next week in training camp.
Even though Smith has a career 25-to-34 touchdown-to-interception ratio, he's still viewed as the Jets' best option at quarterback. One man who's found some positives in Smith's game is NFL insider Adam Schefter. Talking with Armen and Levack on 104.5 The Team on ESPN Radio, Schefter had this to say about the Jets' No. 1 quarterback:
"I think there are some encouraging signs. There are some people I have spoken with who have spent some time with Geno this offseason. They say that he’s a different guy and that a light has gone off. That he’s really looked like an effective quarterback."
All encouraging words for Jets fans to hear, but it certainly doesn't mean Smith will be a Pro Bowl quarterback this season -- or ever, for that matter. Schefter does believe that new offensive coordinator, Chan Gailey, will have positive impact on Smith's game this season.
"I happen to think that he’s going to look pretty good under Chan Gaily this year, their new offensive coordinator," Schefter said.
Smith will play a big part if the Jets are to have an sustainable success this season. With a menacing defense and Brandon Marshall on the outside, Smith is in position to succeed -- he'll just have to make the most of his playing time.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/adam-schefter-sees-encouraging-signs-in-geno-smith-072015?cmpid=traffic%3Apartner%3Ableacherreport

We should continue to give trust to Geno or starts Fitz?

Fitzpatrick is basically at the end of his career isn't he? At this point, might as well just see what this so called "light switched on" Geno Smith can do.

Return to New York Jets