And1: 0

Scouting Reports: 8/27/07 

Post#1 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 pm

Arizona Diamondbacks(Livan Hernandez)
@
San Diego Padres(Jake Peavy)

Pitcher Scouting Reports:
D-backs:
Hernandez could not win his fourth consecutive start on Tuesday, as he was unable to hold a 2-2 lead in the seventh inning. He wound up allowing five runs in six innings of work. He gave up three straight hits to start the seventh before he was pulled, and the bullpen later gave up a grand slam. Hernandez tweaked a pectoral muscle in the first inning of that start, but says it will not be a problem going forward.
Padres:
Peavy has certainly re-established himself as a Cy Young Award candidate with a recent stretch of strong starts. He was dominant in six innings in his last start against the Mets on Wednesday, when he allowed two runs on two hits with 11 strikeouts. Peavy worked his way out of several tight spots in lowering his ERA to 2.21. He also leads the National League in strikeouts and remained undefeated (8-0) on the road.
DaSportsGuy
Sophomore

Post#2 » by DaSportsGuy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:38 pm

Jake Peavy is one of those guys who will go out there and deal for you night in night out. He has an ERA of 2.21 which is second lowest in the majors, Chris Young has the best in 2.12, who also plays for the Padres.
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:44 pm

DaSportsGuy wrote:Jake Peavy is one of those guys who will go out there and deal for you night in night out. He has an ERA of 2.21 which is second lowest in the majors, Chris Young has the best in 2.12, who also plays for the Padres.
Talk about starting pitching...anyways, I think the D'Backs have enough hitting to overpower one or both of them.
DaSportsGuy
Sophomore

Post#4 » by DaSportsGuy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:56 pm

Cav-Titan-Cub wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Talk about starting pitching...anyways, I think the D'Backs have enough hitting to overpower one or both of them.

I would have to agree, but I think that the Arizona Diamondbacks just have too young of an offense to overcome great pitchers in this league. They have already proved to me that they can but I am just waiting for them to drop off the table. It might not happen they are pretty tought, and will be a tough team to beat for a while with there great young athletes.
Shzm13
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#5 » by Shzm13 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:34 am

1. Who the hell are you
2. What the hell are you doing on our board

Never, ever, ever doubt the Dbacks.

:nonono:
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Black Jesus 1 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:40 am

Odd to see these two posting here, but
GOOO DBACKS!
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:28 am

DaSportsGuy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would have to agree, but I think that the Arizona Diamondbacks just have too young of an offense to overcome great pitchers in this league. They have already proved to me that they can but I am just waiting for them to drop off the table. It might not happen they are pretty tought, and will be a tough team to beat for a while with there great young athletes.
They do have a fairly young offense, but they have some key veterans playing key roles which gives them that extra edge they need to win. I think they will be a good team for a long time because they are young, and this season will really boost their playoff experience level.

Return to Arizona Diamondbacks