ImageImageImageImageImage

Offseason 2015 (Latest: Geno Smith Out 6-10 Weeks)

Moderator: Rich Rane

Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Fitzpatrick + Possible Secondary Reunion of Revis/Cro) 

Post#121 » by Grover » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:04 pm

In the first year of a new regime you sort of have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they see something in Carpenter that others may not. I think we will continue to hear of the Jet desire for an edge rusher at six but if Mariota falls he is sort of a no brainer. I could also see Bowles pushing for Shaq Thompson over what's left after Fowler on the edge. Whether at safety or linebacker, Bowles may prefer speed and versatility over the year one hit or miss production of the available edge rushers. As usual I'm hoping for the offensive line to be addressed early but that may be wishful thinking. A road grading offensive tackle who has trouble protecting the edge against speed rushers who begins his career at right guard and spends ten years there will do.
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Fitzpatrick + Possible Secondary Reunion of Revis/Cro) 

Post#122 » by Shemy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:31 pm

CRO back!!

Personally not a fan of the move but can't argue that our secondary will head into the season as one of the best...guessing we go heavy on LBs in the draft...when we had CRO and revis back in the day they never had this kinda talent in the front 7 especially on the D-line, we had pouha and guys like DeVito, now they'll have the trio of Mo, Snacks, and Richardson!!
"They scared now"
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Re: Offseason 2015 (Latest: Revis and Cro Reunited, CJ Spiller?) 

Post#123 » by zilby » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Amazing how MacCagnan fixed two of Idzik's biggest mistakes (the Revis debacle and releasing Cro) in a matter of days.

At this point, we need a RB and then to plug the rest of our holes through the draft. I'm really excited about our team and this defense too. Mac's done a really good job IMO so far.

I hope this'll lead to traffic picking up on our board next year, it was really sad the last couple of years.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#124 » by Rich Rane » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Shemy wrote:CRO back!!

Personally not a fan of the move but can't argue that our secondary will head into the season as one of the best...guessing we go heavy on LBs in the draft...when we had CRO and revis back in the day they never had this kinda talent in the front 7 especially on the D-line, we had pouha and guys like DeVito, now they'll have the trio of Mo, Snacks, and Richardson!!

The most important difference is Cromartie is our #2 CB. That makes a world of difference.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#125 » by Rich Rane » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:49 pm

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,651

Post#126 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:05 pm

Am I the only Jets fan who thinks everything is going too well right now. This doesn't happen to us. Good signings, mass improvement and Mac's bread and butter would probably be the draft considering his experience prior to coming here...so we've gotten to that "what could possibly go wrong" point where everything blows up inexplicably and I'm just waiting for something out of left field to ruin this.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#127 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:06 pm

j4remi wrote:Am I the only Jets fan who thinks everything is going too well right now. This doesn't happen to us. Good signings, mass improvement and Mac's bread and butter would probably be the draft considering his experience prior to coming here...so we've gotten to that "what could possibly go wrong" point where everything blows up inexplicably and I'm just waiting for something out of left field to ruin this.

Life as a Jets fan haha.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576424916184121344[/tweet]

I would be more angry if the draft weren't so deep with running backs.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#128 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:11 pm

I kinda gave up on Spiller when they brought back Powell. I think they'll give him a chance with a bigger role and hopefully they draft some speed (preferably with good hands) to fill out the committee.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#129 » by Yankeeknickfan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:14 pm

I really hope we get spiller. With ivory, powell, and spiller. Fitz only has to throw the ball 20 times a game.
Imageceltics
Grover
Rookie

Post#130 » by Grover » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:55 pm

I wouldn't mind Duke Johnson falling to the Jets in the third round.
Shemy
Head Coach

Post#131 » by Shemy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:47 am

so spiller signs elsewhere...speedy RB is something we can address in the mid-rounds I guess
"They scared now"
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#132 » by j4remi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Duke would seem like a no-brainer if we could have him in the third round.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Shemy
Head Coach

Post#133 » by Shemy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:05 pm

How sick if gurley fell to us in the second round
"They scared now"
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#134 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Shemy wrote:How sick if gurley fell to us in the second round

I guess it is somewhat possible. Between Gurley refusing to allow teams to examine his knee and the general hype for Melvin Gordon it's possible that Gurley could slip into the early parts of the 2nd round. But I would imagine still unlikely since Gurley IF his knee is fine has been compared to Adrian Peterson.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,036

Post#135 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Just to discuss - I thought the Jets had a great FA signing period, but did anyone else feel a little disappointed/wary about the Offensive line signings, or lack thereof? I mean, Carpenter doesn't seem great, but I'm willing to wait and see. It's just I thought the O-line has been pretty bad the last few years, and VERY penalty prone. I was hoping for another quality O-line signing.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#136 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:15 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Just to discuss - I thought the Jets had a great FA signing period, but did anyone else feel a little disappointed/wary about the Offensive line signings, or lack thereof? I mean, Carpenter doesn't seem great, but I'm willing to wait and see. It's just I thought the O-line has been pretty bad the last few years, and VERY penalty prone. I was hoping for another quality O-line signing.

Yeah, that's not for not trying though. They went in for Iupati and it was distance from his family that seems to have cost us. I'm hoping they use a draft pick or two and that Aboushi develops more. This O-line scares me mainly off of it's propensity for picking up yellow flags.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Grover
Rookie

Post#137 » by Grover » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:39 am

I'm a bit confused by turning from the run blocking left guard in Iaputi to the pass protect left guard in Richardson but the resigning of Colon is actually painful. I would like to see one early pick used on a plug and play right guard or right tackle that pushes Giacomini inside.
Elias20
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#138 » by Elias20 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Grover wrote:I'm a bit confused by turning from the run blocking left guard in Iaputi to the pass protect left guard in Richardson but the resigning of Colon is actually painful. I would like to see one early pick used on a plug and play right guard or right tackle that pushes Giacomini inside.

I agree, Colon is beyond awful. I wish we could just prepay the NFL for the penalties that he'd due to commit. Having said that, I don't think that we are going into next season with Colon starting. I think we'll draft someone to compete as well as hope that a good player is a June 1 cut like Pete Kendall and Alan Faneca.

Just wanted to chime in and state my opinion on the type of job that Mac has done so far. It's incredible. I know he has had it easy with the amount of cap space he was given but to go out there and know what you want and get it instantly is good to see. Last year, Idzik missed out on a lot of free agents because he was trying to get value out of their signings. Sometimes, you have to slightly overpay.

Mac has transformed our weakness into a strength. Although, our signings are a bit on the elderly side, he is heading the right way. He just has to draft well. If we have a great draft this year then I am hopeful that we can win a championship under this regime. We just need a QB. STAY AWAY FROM MARIOTA
Die hard NY Jets fan? Check out: http://nyjetsfanatics.com/forum.php
Grover
Rookie

Post#139 » by Grover » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:35 pm

I'll give Maccagnan credit for getting Marshall for a fifth round pick but it's strictly wait and see on Skrine. Gilchrist and Richardson while Revis and Cromartie were grossly overpaid with likely no legitimate competitors even close to matching their deals. Any idiot with an open check book can sign free agents. Let's see Maccagnan through at least one draft and next season before anointing him as anything more than the current Woody Johnson GM. I'm hopeful but I'd like a little talent evaluation success to go with a spending spree.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#140 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:29 am

Jets file tampering charges against Patriots
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-remarks/

Goodell will pull a trick from the NFL referee's book and tell them both penalties offset. :lol:

Return to New York Jets