ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jets: Revis Trade Imminent

Moderator: Rich Rane

Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

OT: Jets: Revis Trade Imminent 

Post#1 » by Lord Commander » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:13 pm

Sounds like a deal is happening soon. Not really opposed to this but I have no faith that the Jets organization will handle this properly. One of the best players in franchise history and they'll probably wind up getting 50 cents on the dollar, SMDH... :nonono:
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Re: OT: Jets: Revis Trade Imminent 

Post#2 » by BasicBall » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:14 pm

LINK????
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,326

Post#3 » by Stannis » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:15 pm

The G-Men in the mix?
Free Palestine
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#4 » by falcindor » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:16 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:Sounds like a deal is happening soon. Not really opposed to this but I have no faith that the Jets organization will handle this properly. One of the best players in franchise history and they'll probably wind up getting 50 cents on the dollar, SMDH... :nonono:

So a platyer who missed pretty much all season last year with a major injury and is looking for a lucrative contract. What do you expect in return? They probably are getting back more than they should. His attitude stinks.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#5 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:17 pm

You don't rebuild with a player making that much money, with that player coming off MAJOR surgery, with the team not skipping a beat without him. Not to mention that player will be potentially at the end of his prime by the time you're ready to compete. You rebuild with money and picks. Trading Revis gets you both. I'm a diehard Jet fan and Revis is one of my favorite Jets of ALL TIME. But Revis the person is a d-bag. He's going to hold out yet again and he's only out to please one person: Darrelle Revis.

Rebuild the right way. None of this on-the-fly BS. People say it's impossible to rebuild in NY because of how fickle the fans are and how hungry the media is for a story. They are right. Hopefully the Jets say F that and do it the right way.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#6 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:17 pm

This is why the Jets will never prosper. Patriots fans are loving the possibility of this :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#7 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:18 pm

There were reports earlier today that a deal is close, but that could still mean a few weeks away. I kinda think they have no choice at this point. As good as Revis is I don't think it's smart team building to give all that money to a corner. The Jets need to rebuild at this point, they are not a Revis away from a title.

It's unfortunate the Jets overpaid for so many guys perhaps if they didn't do that they would have been able to keep him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Lord Commander » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:24 pm

BasicBall wrote:LINK????

Not sure how reliable it is but ESPN Radio reporting that a source in the Jets organization said that they WILL trade him...most likely by March 12th.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,657

Post#9 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:24 pm

echelonNYK wrote:This is why the Jets will never prosper. Patriots fans are loving the possibility of this :lol:

By signing a CB to the richest contract of any defensive player despite the fact that said CB missed the season with a torn ACL they would prosper? Bare in mind, they have to rebuild...are in cap hell and have holes throughout their roster.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#10 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:25 pm

Ummm, if a deal is imminent there's usually a team announced as the trade partner followed by rumors of what could be coming back.

What team is it? What's the pick package? Is there other players invloved?
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Lord Commander » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:25 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:There were reports earlier today that a deal is close, but that could still mean a few weeks away. I kinda think they have no choice at this point. As good as Revis is I don't think it's smart team building to give all that money to a corner. The Jets need to rebuild at this point, they are not a Revis away from a title.

It's unfortunate the Jets overpaid for so many guys perhaps if they didn't do that they would have been able to keep him.

Oh, I agree, but now is not the time...coming off major surgery without proving his health.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,979

Post#12 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:29 pm

No trade is imminent, it's more of the notion that the Jets are dead set on trading him now. It sucks because it's the worse possible time to trade someone and its the NFL. You never get fair return for a guy of his caliber, with his injury and impending contract status.

Luckily for me I'm a Met fan and just tell myself that this is Dickey all over again.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 12,054

Post#13 » by Jay10 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:30 pm

Daaaarryyl wrote:Ummm, if a deal is imminent there's usually a team announced as the trade partner followed by rumors of what could be coming back.

49ers

i think they have 15 picks in this year's draft. :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#14 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:30 pm

The thing is he's a free agent after this season. What happens if he doesn't get healthy? The timing on this is delicate. They risk getting less for him or losing him for practically nothing.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#15 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:30 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:There were reports earlier today that a deal is close, but that could still mean a few weeks away. I kinda think they have no choice at this point. As good as Revis is I don't think it's smart team building to give all that money to a corner. The Jets need to rebuild at this point, they are not a Revis away from a title.

Oh, I agree, but now is not the time...coming off major surgery without proving his health.

The problem is if they don't deal him he may become another Jose Reyes in that he walks at season's end and you get nothing but a compensatory draft pick.

Some have stated you're better off waiting for the trade deadline next season but the problem there is that the Jets want to turn the page already and get started with a new GM rather than give him 2 headaches his first year- Rex AND Revis LOL

Also the chance he isn't 100% at the trade deadline and you can't even get what you can right now.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#16 » by SaveUsKP6 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:32 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:The thing is he's a free agent after this season. What happens if he doesn't get healthy? The timing on this is delicate. They risk getting less for him or losing him for practically nothing.

The reward is way higher than the risk when it comes to trading him IMO. You risk exactly what you said: getting NOTHING for someone that's regarded as the best at their position. That's like, Cavs/LeBron type bad. And also like you said, what if he's not healthy? You have a guy that can't perform yet will still hold out for as much money as possible... while you're trying to rebuild.

The timing of it sucks, as plenty have said. But it's the absolute right thing to do.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#17 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:33 pm

Historically nfl trade deadline deals aren't big deals. Usually the biggest trades happen around the draft. Given his injury the reality is his trade value is likely at it's highest point.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#18 » by moocow007 » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:33 pm

They better be getting both the 49'ers 1st round pick and that top of the 2nd round pick they got from the Chiefs in the Alex Smith trade.
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#19 » by Daaaarryyl » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:34 pm

Jay10 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:Ummm, if a deal is imminent there's usually a team announced as the trade partner followed by rumors of what could be coming back.

49ers

That's the team that's been floated becasue of need, winning team and plethora of draft picks but last I heard was that they weren't as ready to make a trade as the media was stating/speculating.

I'm gonna head to the Jet boards and to twitter to see what's going on though..

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#20 » by I_Love_NYK » Wed Mar 6, 2013 8:34 pm

Giants fan here.

Darelle Revis is probably the best corner since Deion Sanders. However is he worth being the highest paid defensive player in the league. What does an offense do to a shutdown corner, they don't throw his way and attack the middle or the 2nd corner. Remember the Jets went 8-8 the season before, and in 2011 the defense was not that good. Jets have guranteed money to Sanchez and guaranteed money to Holmes.

What team won a superbowl where a shutdown cornerback was the best player? What team builds a franchise around a shutdown cornerback? Pass rushers are more valuable to this league than shutdown cornerbacks.

2012 Ravens - Best CB Ladirrius Webb injured, Cary Williams
2011 Giants - Corey Webster and Prince Amukamara (Ferocious pass rush.)
2010 Packers - Charles Woodson was more of a nickleback playmaker than a shutdown corner. (Had a pass rush with Clay Matthews and Cullen Jenkins.)
2009 Saints - CB were Jabari Greer and Tracey Porter
2008 Steelers - Ike Taylor and Bryant McFadden

Return to New York Jets