Moderator: Rich Rane

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,042

what is Jets ownership/FO doing? 

Post#1 » by Pharmcat » Fri Oct 3, 2014 3:02 am

this FO and ownership are really confusing me

they have cheapen on the payroll, yet have some of the highest ticket prices

21 million in payroll space, with glaring holes at CB, why were these not addressed?

they had 12 picks in this past draft, why were these not utilized to move up to get impact players, especially at the WR position...4 of the 12 are are already off the roster

I understand the patient approach, but it seemed like this team needed to take a step forward this year (utilizing the draft and cap) but this team has regressed

what is going on?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,947

Re: what is Jets ownership/FO doing? 

Post#2 » by Rich Rane » Sun Oct 5, 2014 4:48 pm

Pharmcat wrote:this FO and ownership are really confusing me

they have cheapen on the payroll, yet have some of the highest ticket prices

21 million in payroll space, with glaring holes at CB, why were these not addressed?

they had 12 picks in this past draft, why were these not utilized to move up to get impact players, especially at the WR position...4 of the 12 are are already off the roster

I understand the patient approach, but it seemed like this team needed to take a step forward this year (utilizing the draft and cap) but this team has regressed

what is going on?

I complained about this when the big names were being taken in free agency. I complained about this during the draft. I complain about this every game thread.

Pryor I think we definitely needed to help with the secondary. Of course I thought the Jets would go out and get a solid CB as well. Instead of Pryor playing with Allen at the safety positions, Allen is moved to CB when Milliner got injured and Patterson became an idiot.

I like Amaro. He hasn't had an amazing game yet, but I think he's got some tools to be a very good catching tight end. With the lack of receivers, it's a wonder how the Jets don't run many two-tight end sets with him and Cumberland.

Never gave a damn about Dexter McDougle and it's actually worse now that's he's injured when the Jets STRETCHED and used a 3rd round pick on him.

Saunders looks like he isn't that great of a returner and even muffed one.

I'm still hoping Dozier can develop faster and take over for Brian Winters.
Melonoma
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Melonoma » Tue Oct 7, 2014 6:13 am

Fire Idzik!!!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#4 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 6:24 pm

Idziks draft picks have overall been brutal. Absolutely brutal. 5 out of the 12 draft picks he used are already no longer with the team. Only 2 of those pick actually play regularly.

Return to New York Jets