Olawale Extended

Moderator: HMFFL

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,088

Olawale Extended 

Post#1 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Dec 8, 2015 11:50 pm

Good news - he's been a fine back, good runner and also very multitalented (just like Reece, who he seems to be supplanting).

Raiders sign FB Jamize Olawale to three-year extension

Crabtree next?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Olawale Extended 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Wed Dec 9, 2015 7:21 pm

I'd expect to see guys like J'Marcus Webb and Amerson extended before I'd expect Crabtree to get extended. Remember what his contract demands were before signing with us? He's gonna be gunning for a huge payday, and while it's great to have him here, I think the market will knock his value back down towards something realistic. I'd be happy with 4-5m a year, say 5-25m with 10m gtd.

As for Ola, he's built exactly in the Reece mold and I'm fine with keeping him, but his role needs to increase to justify an in-season extension. As of now, he's an OK at best blocker and really makes his money as a COP back.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,088

Re: Olawale Extended 

Post#3 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Dec 9, 2015 8:27 pm

Maybe Reece will be cut this summer, or traded.

Re. Crabtree yeah I think he will want another shot at free agency this summer. Hopefully it is not the case that a one year, make good deal leads to Crabby signing with a better team next season - though IDK if the Raiders would want to throw him a mid-season offer that he can't refuse in order to prevent that from happening.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders