Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Airplane
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#141 » by Airplane » Sun Jul 1, 2007 1:30 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

^^^^^^
BUMPED THREAD

and more to question is this topic has not been spoken of since May 29th why the F' on this board do we want to talk about John Maine it is considered trollin. Cmaff he baited you, if I were to di this crap on the Mets board that crummy SHOE mod would suspend me and absolutely give me a warning. The mods here have been extremely patient but it's about time someone regulated here.

Probably because Cmaff came into the Mets forum and dissed Maine again. Cmaff was the one who started all of the Maine bashing.

But you know where I stand, I LOVE it when you Yankees fans come into the Mets board and talk trash. Good stuff.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#142 » by cmaff051 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 2:13 am

Airplane wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Probably because Cmaff came into the Mets forum and dissed Maine again. Cmaff was the one who started all of the Maine bashing.

But you know where I stand, I LOVE it when you Yankees fans come into the Mets board and talk trash. Good stuff.

majorleads, I definitely didn't start that conversation. BlueNorange brought it up. So go back where you came from major.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#143 » by 34Celtic » Sun Jul 1, 2007 2:15 am

I feel like this is kindergarten
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#144 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sun Jul 1, 2007 2:53 am

cmaff051 wrote:I don't see where he knocked the Yankees, NYKGM.

See: AL east watch thread
vincanityisdagr8est
Rookie

Post#145 » by vincanityisdagr8est » Sun Jul 1, 2007 3:41 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I know nothing about baseball?

What you are essentially saying is that Maine should be put in the same class as Pedro, Oswalt and Webb? :crazy: :crazy:

Not to mention that El Duque is 50 years old and has never even come close to a year like this since 1998.

They will both come back to Earth soon.. I cannot believe you think both of them will keep this up. Talk about being biased. :nonono: :nonono:

Dude aren't you the same guy who said Scott Proctor is better than Feliciano and Heilman on the Mets board??? Hows that working out for you??
Anyways a pitcher doesn't have to throw 95 miles per hr to be sucessful. Just look at your ace Andy Pettite. He has been one of the best pitchers in the last decade with average stuff. Even guys like Maddux, Glavine, El-duque have all been successful with decent stuff. Just because a pitcher throws a 100 mph doesn't mean he'll dominate in his league. Farnsworth throws a 100 mph soo what??? I wouldn't take him on my team if the Yankees were giving him away for free.
The thing is Maine has average stuff but it has great movement. You should watch him pitch a game. His fastball comes at you straight and then moves at the last second. Also he does a great changing speeds and mixing up his pitches. He throws any pitch and any count. Which is probably one of the reasons he walks a lot of batters. But the thing is he is a great pitcher with runners on base.
I am not saying he'll be as good as Pettite or anything like that. But he has been pretty good so far, and there is no reason to see why he would improve seeing that he pitches in a pitchers park and has one of the best pitching coaches.
vincanityisdagr8est
Rookie

Post#146 » by vincanityisdagr8est » Sun Jul 1, 2007 3:50 am

cmaff051 wrote:He doesn't have a good slider or changeup... they play off his very good fastball. He's all fastball, and he walks alot of guys. It just goes to show you how pathetic the NL is when El Duque and Maine both have ERA's in the 2.80s.

No it wasn't very good last year. But his year his slider has gotten better but changeup has really improved. You're right before he did throw nothing but fastballs, but he pretty much even out all his pitches.
theknicks414
Assistant Coach

Post#147 » by theknicks414 » Sun Jul 1, 2007 4:09 am

leave natesbury! no one wants you here.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#148 » by Lord Commander » Mon Jul 2, 2007 2:15 pm

This thread is funny isht. Soooo much hostility :starwars ...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Why is everyone so touchy...hmmmmmm I wonder :thinking:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#149 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jul 2, 2007 2:22 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:I wonder :thinking:

Because the right side of our field looks like this

Andy Phillips/Miguel Cairo
Robinson Cano
Bobby Abreu.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#150 » by Lord Commander » Mon Jul 2, 2007 3:07 pm

34Celtic wrote:Because the right side of our field looks like this

Andy Phillips/Miguel Cairo
Robinson Cano
Bobby Abreu.

Trust me I know why. I was just being cute.... :wink:
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#151 » by 34Celtic » Mon Jul 2, 2007 5:01 pm

And Farnsworthless, and Myers, and Torre's science experiment to see how many times a reliever can be used before his right arm falls off cough cough Scott Proctor, or Johnny Damon not going on the DL, or MAtsui appearing to be in a coma at times.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#152 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jul 6, 2007 3:37 am

The NL is pathetic. Is there one good offense in that entire league other than the Mets? How John Maine has a 2.70 ERA is just beyond me. This guy is no ace, but the National League is making him one. I am convinced that Kei Igawa would have a 3.50 ERA in the National League. He would get away with all the hittable sliders he throws in the NL just like Maine does.
Wrighteous
Banned User

Post#153 » by Wrighteous » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:16 am

cmaff051 wrote:The NL is pathetic. Is there one good offense in that entire league other than the Mets? How John Maine has a 2.70 ERA is just beyond me. This guy is no ace, but the National League is making him one. I am convinced that Kei Igawa would have a 3.50 ERA in the National League. He would get away with all the hittable sliders he throws in the NL just like Maine does.

:rofl:

You are truly a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) my friend. Drop the haterade already and admit Maine is better than any scrub pitcher on your team. You didn't even watch the game. Maine's slider had unhittable movement and he did not leave any hanging. Get a clue.

John Maine - 10 wins 2.70 ERA 2007 Salary: $391,000

[/thread]
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#154 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:23 am

Wrighteous wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl:

You are truly a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) my friend. Drop the haterade already and admit Maine is better than any scrub pitcher on your team. You didn't even watch the game. Maine's slider had unhittable movement and he did not leave any hanging. Get a clue.

John Maine - 10 wins 2.70 ERA 2007 Salary: $391,000

[/thread]

Unhittable movement? LOL. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: His slider sucks, it's not even an above average pitch. It's got no bite, it's not tight at all either. If you ranked his slider from 20-80, his would maybe be a 50. It's comes from the same arm slot as his fastball, that's why teams have a hard time hitting it.

If you wanted to see a plus slider, John Maine wasn't the one to watch, Jason Jennings was.

Answer me this, how many good offenses are there in the NL???? The NL doesn't have one good offense other than the Mets. End of story. John Maine pitches in this league with its many stacked offenses and he finishes the year with a high 4 ERA.
vincanityisdagr8est
Rookie

Post#155 » by vincanityisdagr8est » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:32 am

Unhittable movement? LOL. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: His slider sucks, it's not even an above average pitch. It's got no bite, it's not tight at all either. If you ranked his slider from 20-80, his would maybe be a 50. It's comes from the same arm slot as his fastball, that's why teams have a hard time hitting it.

If you wanted to see a plus slider, John Maine wasn't the one to watch, Jason Jennings was.

Answer me this, how many good offenses are there in the NL???? The NL doesn't have one good offense other than the Mets. End of story. John Maine pitches in this league with its many stacked offenses and he finishes the year with a high 4 ERA.

Iyeaaaaaaaaa, and who won the game between the two again??? Dude, you have no argument, you're a bitter yankee fan.

As for Kei Igawa, it was your (Please Use More Appropriate Word) GM who was the only one stupid enough 25 mil and pay him 21 mil. Face it, Kei Igawa shouldn't even be pitching in the minor leagues.
Wrighteous
Banned User

Post#156 » by Wrighteous » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:35 am

Philly is a top 5 offensive team in the majors statistically. Take a look at how Maine has fared against Philly this year:

19.2 innings pitched

12 K's 2.29 ERA

And your so called "varsity" American League teams haven't fared well against Maine either.

7 innings 1 ER against Minny and 7 innings 2 ER against Oakland.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#157 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:36 am

vincanityisdagr8est wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Iyeaaaaaaaaa, and who won the game between the two again??? Dude, you have no argument, you're a bitter yankee fan.

As for Kei Igawa, it was your (Please Use More Appropriate Word) GM who was the only one stupid enough 25 mil and pay him 21 mil. Face it, Kei Igawa shouldn't even be pitching in the minor leagues.

Who cares who won? The Mets can beat around Jennings because he throws a 86-88 mph fastball, but he has a much much much better slider than Maine and this isn't even debatable. The Mets weren't touching that pitch, ask Carlos Beltran.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#158 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:38 am

Wrighteous wrote:Philly is a top 5 offensive team in the majors statistically. Take a look at how Maine has fared against Philly this year:

19.2 innings pitched

12 K's 2.29 ERA

And your so called "varsity" American League teams haven't fared well against Maine either.

7 innings 1 ER against Minny and 7 innings 2 ER against Oakland.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Philly has a good offense? That's the same team that has Michael Bourn, Shane Victorino and Eduardo Nunez as starters, right? They have a good 1-5 and then their lineup is just dreadful from 6-8.

And :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: about Minnesota and Oakland being good offenses.
Wrighteous
Banned User

Post#159 » by Wrighteous » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:48 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Philly has a good offense? That's the same team that has Michael Bourn, Shane Victorino and Eduardo Nunez as starters, right? They have a good 1-5 and then their lineup is just dreadful from 6-8.

And :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: about Minnesota and Oakland being good offenses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/agg ... ng&group=9

Philly's offense is top 5 and is better than the Yankee offense.

And Minny and Oakland are good teams, unlike the Yankees. If you can shut down a good team, your a good pitcher.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#160 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jul 6, 2007 4:56 am

Umm..no. You are talking about very small sample sizes with the Twins, Oakland and Philly.

I am not saying John Maine isn't a good pitcher, I just think he's an NL pitcher and if he ever moves to the AL he'll be exposed bigtime.

Return to New York Yankees