2018-19 regular season GAME THREAD

Moderator: HMFFL

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,811

Re: 2018-19 regular season GAME THREAD 

Post#61 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Same as last week! Gotta get this W! GO RAIDERS GO!!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#62 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Wow, so frustrating. Change coaches? Change GM? Can we fix this in 1 off season/draft?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#63 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:25 pm

This team is completely frustrating. This team was never supposed to go this far backwards. Gruden was supposed to be helping this roster get to another level.

Carr has regressed.

I am completely disappointed in this year.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Yup that's fair. My expectations going in this year were for 8 - 8 only TWO wins better then last year.

Now I don't even think 7 - 9 is achievable. Ugh.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Maybe a miracle happens & we win. GO RAIDERS GO!!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:43 pm

TOUCHDOWN RRRRRAAAAAIIIIIIIDDDEEERRRSSSS!!! WOOOOHOOO!! Finally!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:02 pm

TTTTTDDDDDDDD RRRRRAAAAAIIIIDDDDEEEERRSSS!!!!111 YYYYYYYAAAASSS!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:55 pm

TTTTTDDDDDDD RRRRRAAAIIIIIDDDEEERRRSS! Carr with his 1st Rushing TD! Woooooooooo!!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:15 pm

WOW Amazing TD!!! TTTTTDDDDDDD RRRRRAAAAAAIIIIIIDDDDDDEEEEEERRRSSS!! Wooo!!!
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,040

Post#70 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:09 am

Gruden has been an embarassment.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#71 » by Neddy » Tue Nov 6, 2018 10:10 pm

let me give my perspective on this.

back when Chucky got the nickname the first time around, we were ran by Al, still cash strapped but Al didn't care to accumulate for himself at that point in his life, he just wanted one more time, baby. so our financial circumstances allowed a guy like Gruden who preferred seasoned vets over rookies, because he did not want to invest in talent development and its uncertainties, a la "potentials get coaches fired" mantra, and mostly because of for at that time, Jon did come with the next innovative offensive scheme the league was not quite ready for. in other words, because how NFL salaries are structured which favors youth, as most player's biggest deal is usually their rookie deal, unlike any other sport, investing into seasoned vets, remember, i did not say "currently in prime superstar vets" Jon had unknowingly to himself, invented football's first moneyball team. he got a bunch of high football IQed vets who were willing to work for less than their market value often times, but fit his scheme which did not require a burner on either side of the ball. only exception would be Charles Woodson on D who was at his not only his prime, but at his very peak of his career with us in those years. I guess someone can also make a case for the old #81, but I would say that was the very latter end of his prime, well pass his peak, Tim Brown and not the younger, fast burner who not only had precise route runnings but dashed his way through returner duties. other names in that era, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, the other Woodson at SS, Wheatley, they were all has beens at that point of their careers, at least perceived to be so by their original teams and had huge chips on their shoulders to prove them wrong. Jon just struck the right offensive chord, gotta give credit to Jon for picking the right players for the scheme, but frankly, Al did overpay some of them to attract, but most guys that filled the roster were cheap, mostly vets with some draft picks of our own until Jon got tired of them and traded them, lol. but the main key point I have to emphasize here, is that those groups of guys ended up not only somewhat cheaper than young studs across the board, but they were efficient group of players on the field, precisely they were veterans who's been around the block, so to speak. and because Jon's offense happened to be played with these very good players, we won, we looked good, Jon probably was demanding a piece of the franchise to old Al who probably said F U and responded by trading his ass, then ended up beating us in the superbowl when we finally made it, without him I might add, then lose solely because our dumbass coaching staff didn't even change playcalling terminologies, which then the Buccs players were laughing their asses off to their parade and said "we knew all their plays because Jon uses the same playbook with our offense that we play against, everyday on the practice field. you guys get me to this point?

the difference right now is, that, just like the Moneyball in baseball, now every football team has caught up with analysis part of the game due to largely in part, progression of time, and in small part, Jon's offense with smart vets on cheap deals brought about how he was able to succeed in Oakland first, then take the same scheme to defensively superior Buccs, a franchise with another set of smart but not as physically talented vets such as Brad Johnson, Mike Alstott and Keyshawn Johnson on downside of their careers. there is a reason why once the Buccs won one, they could not repeat and Jon eventually lost the team and got fired, because of his inherent divisiveness. perhaps he suffers from Napoleon Complex. perhaps it's something entirely different. but the point is, his ego right now, does not even let him consider analytics to be a part of his game planning, and in 2018, that is simply a lunacy. what Jon was doing back then, is no longer revolutionary or different in anyway to what others are doing in current times. in fact, in many ways, the offense look outdated. \

having said all this, there is a highlight, and that is, the hoarding of the draft picks in a draft that only has 1 legit NFL QB to be even listed in the first round, and he will most likely need that #1 pick to be had. so fear not, Nation, Jon will surely secure that #1 pick. he made his intent clear, if not after trading away Kahlil or Amari, then he blew the megaphone by releasing Bruce Irvin. we are salary dumping ya'll. if we are lucky, we gonna hit some high level of talents that hopefully Jon's assistants can develop quickly, and maybe, within Jon's 10 year tenure, we could see that stage once again where a team raises a trophy. but by the time we raise that trophy, if ever, it would be with veteran players that Jon probably signed, or traded for with those same draft picks I mentioned.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:32 am

RAIDERS WIN! RAIDERS WIN! OH YA! HOOORAY! WOOHOO!

What a game! Amazing!! :P! :)! :D!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders