Week 10: Minnesota at Oakland

Moderator: HMFFL

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,804

Re: Week 10: Minnesota at Oakland 

Post#21 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Well that was fcking terrible :( Ugh! Dang it Special Teams!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Two bad kicks by SeaBass - I wonder if that's the wind, since they switched sides for second quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:10 pm

CMON DDDDDDDD##########!! LET'S GO!! GET A TURNOVER & SOME POINTS!
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#24 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Nate Allen whiff :(

"I'm Decayed"
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#25 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:45 pm

Nate Allen whiff.

"I'm Decayed"
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:45 pm

This is making me so upset, angry & frustrated! Ugh!!!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:00 am

***ing unbelievable! I will take solace in the fact the Broncos got wrecked & Peyton looked terrible.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#28 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:06 am

Got spanked. That was a pretty rotten performance.

"I'm Decayed"
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#29 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:07 am

Broncos losing doesn't help us, only puts Chiefs in the wildcard hunt alongside us.

"I'm Decayed"
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#30 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 am

Worst performance since week one.

"I'm Decayed"
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#31 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:32 am

People who don't want Raiders to no huddle because defense will get tired have it exactly wrong - our defense sucks. If we don't score 30 we're not winning. If we're gonna go down best to go down shooting.

"I'm Decayed"
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#32 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:55 am

Very bad performance today in a very winnable game.

our defense is terrible.
I can see KNJ getting the axe after this season.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#33 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:07 am

No axe for Norton. Defense needs work and players though - certainly the decision not to reinforce our CB corps has bit us in the arse. Next draft and free agency we need LBs, CBs, and a safety.

"I'm Decayed"
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#34 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:03 am

Norton isn't gonna get fired. He is working with what he has been given.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#35 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:21 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:Norton isn't gonna get fired. He is working with what he has been given.

he's got some real failures on his track record this year man. Like there's bad and then there's Antonio Brown for 284 and Adrian for 203 when our run D is supposed to be our strength.

I can understand giving him a 2nd year with some more tools….but he's gonna have to improve himself.
The game plan against Pittsburgh was terrible…especially given what Pittsburgh had done in the previous weeks against Cincy and B-More.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#36 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:45 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:Norton isn't gonna get fired. He is working with what he has been given.

he's got some real failures on his track record this year man. Like there's bad and then there's Antonio Brown for 284 and Adrian for 203 when our run D is supposed to be our strength.

I can understand giving him a 2nd year with some more tools….but he's gonna have to improve himself.
The game plan against Pittsburgh was terrible…especially given what Pittsburgh had done in the previous weeks against Cincy and B-More.

I am not sure about that. our run defense may have looked good because most teams we faced so far have figured out that our secondary are lacking terribly in depth and attacked our biggest weakness. every game we have won this season, the offense was what gave us the boost, not the defensive unit. if anything, I would say we go as far as our offense can go. our defense has been a liability from the get go due to our injury up front and lack of production from MLB position as well as our secondary as a whole minus Charles Woodson.
ehhhhh f it.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#37 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:53 am

Quake Griffin wrote:

You're right, Ken is responsible for two incredible players doing their job. It's his fault that Carrie Hayden Woodson and Allen are or have been hurt. It's his fault that we have only one effective MLB.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#38 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:12 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

You're right, Ken is responsible for two incredible players doing their job. It's his fault that Carrie Hayden Woodson and Allen are or have been hurt. It's his fault that we have only one effective MLB.

284 yards receiving is a little more than doing your job.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#39 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:he's got some real failures on his track record this year man. Like there's bad and then there's Antonio Brown for 284 and Adrian for 203 when our run D is supposed to be our strength.

284 yards receiving is a little more than doing your job.

If the WR and QB are incredible and they do their job then it's an incredible job!

Ben and Antonio are that good. They only ran the same route twice with him. They ran multiple picks, screens and rubs to keep him in space. His footwork is elite for WR. It's Amari Coopers footwork plus 5 years nfl experience.

Plus having the same QB the whole time means the timing is perfect. Ben gets rid of the ball inside 2 seconds on all but 3 of Brown's 17 recs. So the pass rush was meaningless. And watching the game again we had a good rush almost all game. What we have to look forward to with AC/DC.

Plus Hayden and Amerson played off to avoid getting beat deep (didn't help on a few occasions with poor safety help) and Woodson was playing with one arm. Even when he was doubled he couldn't be stopped on dig or out routes where the route and throw are run, thrown and timed perfectly.

He has some of the best hands in football. He has 5 drops in 112 att toward him. I think the only guys I would say have better hands are Fitzgerald and OBJ.

Plus Carrie didn't play and Hayden and Cwood played hurt. Was a perfect storm where their greatest strength lined up with our biggest weakness.

But it Ken's fault right?

Sources
https://www.profootballfocus.com/data/gstats.php?tab=by_week&season=2015&gameid=3529&teamid=25&stats=c&playerid=

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/3s5aiu/antonio_brown_w9_v_oak_19_touches_306_yards/
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#40 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:00 pm

And De'Angelo running for 170 yards that day too?
Us going from 2nd to 23rd in Run D in a matter of 2 weeks?

One thing I hate is excuse making.
If you could admit he failed and just said it's not cause for being fired because he should be given more time with an offseason or improvements…fine….

But you really wanna drive home the point that he has NO culpability in our defense's shortcomings.
FOH.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders