Oakland +4.5 at Pittsburgh -4.5

Moderator: HMFFL

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Oakland +4.5 at Pittsburgh -4.5 

Post#41 » by Neddy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:21 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Neddy wrote:Murray's injury is just another case of what I have been afraid for so long... Latavius is a great talent but is injury prone. he isn't suffering from typical physical issues like ACL or broken ribs, but he is concussion prone which is far more scary in the long run. I love Murray, but I prefer he is upright when he is my age rather than six feet under. time to look elsewhere who is better at taking pounding and not suffer concussions likw LM does.

otherwise i have to say this was a good game for us, and we almost had it. yeah we lost a close one but we were also a few dropped pass away from taking this one for the W too.

PS- I have to admit, watching football and seeing devastating injuries each and every week makes me feel like a lesser human being. if dominican winter league or aussie semi pro games were on tv, I assure you that I would be much more occupied with baseball rather than this human pinball machine where I literally see humanity diminish to a simple extra life of an old pacman or galaga game with extra quarter sitting on the bottom corner of the window.

Your point about football as a whole is well put. It's that ugly tree in our front yard that we just ignore when we pass it cuz it

But your point about Murray is off base purely due to the fact that any ball carrier in the league that gets hit with a helmet to helmet from a full speed safety like he did is out cold. That doesn't make him concussion or injury prone. If you're argument is it's his upright running style then if the ball carrier had ducked his head on that play it would have been even worse. It was gonna happen with the way they were positioned on impact.

Twinkie defense wrote:
Neddy wrote:Murray's injury is just another case of what I have been afraid for so long... Latavius is a great talent but is injury prone. he isn't suffering from typical physical issues like ACL or broken ribs, but he is concussion prone which is far more scary in the long run. I love Murray, but I prefer he is upright when he is my age rather than six feet under. time to look elsewhere who is better at taking pounding and not suffer concussions likw LM does.

Murray is still an upright runner (Clive, too). Against former Raider Mike Mitchell that might get you killed.

yeah he reminds me more of Eddie George than anyone else lately with the way he runs upright, and yes Benchmob I probably am wrong about my assessment as football is not my sport of personal experience and savvy of and say yeah this was something that can happen to any running back in this league... but the truth is, it doesn't matter whether the concussive injuries are a result of his bad habits or just pure dumb luck, the endgame here is that he has now had consecutive concussions in less than a dozen games he played professionally going back to last season when his coming out party was cut short by the fourth run of the game. in fact, I think this is third concussion in the same span of games, no? at this rate he has Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy written all over his poor brain. I like the kid, and I don't want to see another Junior Seau tragedy unfold before my eyes as his career of self induced hurt continues his fall. I hope it doesn't come to this, I do wish for him to have a great HOF career and retire healthy to make cameos for our franchise in the future, but if he would be the next Jim McMahon who can't find his way back home from a simple walk by the park next to his house and can't remember where his keys are every day by the time he is my age, I have to ask if this entertainment we enjoy and this franchise we love, may not be worth it for his loved ones.
ehhhhh f it.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,088

Post#42 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:44 am

Raiders run defense is very good but it can be gashed by fast backs bouncing outside. Basically if Lofton or Ray Ray are involved we're screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#43 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 am

We all know the risks of concussions as they have been highlighted and we know Murray' history recently. What I was disputing in your statement is that you called him injury prone. Any back we bring in would have been knocked out on that hit. Mitchell has a rep for leading with the head. Unfortunately it's part of the game at this point.

We as fans like to think we are so informed but I guarantee that, especially in the current climate, the team and players know more about it. Your concern is noted but saying we should move on from a young guy is premature because frankly, you don't know the diagnoses or his true history of brain injury or his symptoms or recovery details.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders