Week 10: Minnesota at Oakland

Moderator: HMFFL

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,088

Re: Week 10: Minnesota at Oakland 

Post#41 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 pm

I don't think any scheme can cover for our secondary.

A lot of the rush yards in the last two games have come on the outside - when teams try to run it up the middle we are pretty good at stuffing them.

It is amazing though that last season we had probably the worst Raiders defense ever, and this season at times they have sunk to even lower depths. All eyes on Reggie this summer for the draft and free agency - gotta fix this defense.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#42 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Twinkie defense wrote: All eyes on Reggie this summer for the draft and free agency - gotta fix this defense.

Let's see where our win total ends up first.

He put together what PFF is deeming a top 5 offense.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#43 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:14 am

Quake Griffin wrote:And De'Angelo running for 170 yards that day too?
Us going from 2nd to 23rd in Run D in a matter of 2 weeks?

One thing I hate is excuse making.
If you could admit he failed and just said it's not cause for being fired because he should be given more time with an offseason or improvements…fine….

But you really wanna drive home the point that he has NO culpability in our defense's shortcomings.
FOH.

But that is the point. I don't think it was his failure that caused those big weeks from those players. I'm not saying he had nothing to do with it but there are other things to look at in those situations that I pointed out. And with those things in consideration I believe it's not warranted for him to get fired for cause anyways. He isn't taking bad angles, missing tackles, getting beat over the top or playing at 50%.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders