Brian Cushing?

Moderator: HMFFL

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Brian Cushing? 

Post#1 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 10:02 pm

Just read an article that talked about potential trades that the writer thought might fit. He had Cushing coming to Oakland. I seen on reddit yesterday that Brian Cushing was being shopped by the Texans.

With Lofton on the outs and our only solid ILB being M. Smith and the only depth behind him being rookies Ball and Heeney, it's not so crazy. Ball has played well at times in coverage but isn't really built to be an inside thumper yet. Cushing definitely has the aggression, size and instincts to play inside and would an upgrade over Lofton and Heeney in coverage. He played for KNJ for 4 years in college so the connection is there.

Now the down side. He signed a 6 year $52.5 million extension with Houston in 2013. This years ends his guaranteed portion ($21mil) ((kinda good)). But his cap hit for the next 4 yr is 9mil. That not totally crazy if he performs well since we have the cap space(15mil in space). It's not ideal if he is a bust with us and we choose to cut him in the offseason. His dead money would be $7mil from his bonuses.

So what do you think? Should we pull the trigger? What should we give? Should we cut someone if we made the trade?

My take is we do it for a 6th rd pick and cut the recently signed Toomer. Then we can renegotiate his deal a bit to a Reggie prove it type.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: Brian Cushing? 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Nov 3, 2015 2:19 am

Pass for sure.

history of cheating.
not the kind of guy I want in my locker room.

risk not worth the price tag
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Brian Cushing? 

Post#3 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Nov 3, 2015 5:13 am

Agree he probably wouldn't fit the locker room tho he would upgrade the position. Yeah, not really worth it unless we were sure he could be had at a much cheaper price and we can't. Plus to your thinking he isn't a Reggie type guy. Tho we'd have probably said that of Aldon Smith too a bit ago.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders