2017 offseason

Moderator: HMFFL

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,497

Re: 2017 offseason 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 9, 2017 5:24 am

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/seattle-seahawks-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-040517

Sherman is allowing a 48.0 completion percentage and 50.3 passer rating since entering the league in 2011 — both best in the NFL in that span — according to NFL Research. He's defensed 92 passes and has 30 interceptions — both of which lead the league, and 10 interceptions more than the next best player.

Sherman has allowed 16 career touchdowns, according to FS1's research staff, including just one in 12 playoff games. Patrick Peterson, another elite cornerback selected in the first round of the same 2011 draft Sherman was taken in, has allowed 25 in his career.

Sherman is allowing a 46.1 completion percentage and 49.5 passer rating in the playoffs — both best in the NFL in this span, according to FS1's research staff. Here's a reminder about who he's gone up against in the playoffs: Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson and Julian Edelman, among others.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#42 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Apr 9, 2017 11:50 pm

My pc was down since just before noon on Tuesday April 4th/2017.

IMO we need the interior pass rush fixed 1st(whether DL or linebacker).

Then the secondary fixed/Oline depth tied as a secondary focus.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#43 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Sherman's still one of the best DBs in the league but the price the Seahawks want is exorbitant.. my question is - why a player as well as a pick? Why is the team that's practically guaranteed to win their division and a playoff spot even entertaining the idea of selling off an elite DB that's under contract for 2 more years?

Its not being reported as much, but I think this is a behind the scenes divorce.. and in front of cameras, you have 2 saavy sides that understand that showing conflict reduces the chances of a trade happening. If Sherman goes out and talks about how much he wants out, he's leaving a great team and that has to lower his trade value, thus lowering the return for the Seahawks and the probability they trade him. If the Seahawks say he's out, they've alienated Sherman and lowered his trade value.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#44 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:13 pm

FNQ wrote:Sherman's still one of the best DBs in the league but the price the Seahawks want is exorbitant.. my question is - why a player as well as a pick? Why is the team that's practically guaranteed to win their division and a playoff spot even entertaining the idea of selling off an elite DB that's under contract for 2 more years?

Its not being reported as much, but I think this is a behind the scenes divorce.. and in front of cameras, you have 2 saavy sides that understand that showing conflict reduces the chances of a trade happening. If Sherman goes out and talks about how much he wants out, he's leaving a great team and that has to lower his trade value, thus lowering the return for the Seahawks and the probability they trade him. If the Seahawks say he's out, they've alienated Sherman and lowered his trade value.

The rumor is Sherm asked for a trade. The team then started to shop him around. No good offers. Therefore, he hasn't been traded.

What's strange is that Pete & the GM haven't avoided the question. Usually those things are shot down, etc. I'm sure the team was taking offers around the start of free agency because Sherm came to them. Still open to the idea. But, the longer this goes on, the less likely any deal takes place.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#45 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:53 am

Report on Mike and Mike said the asking price is coming down.

Keep it at a pick or a pick and a late-late round pick and we can talk.

If not, there's tons of corner talent in the draft we can gamble on that can give us 4 or 5 cheaper years.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Report on Mike and Mike said the asking price is coming down.

Not buying it!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Report on Mike and Mike said the asking price is coming down.

Keep it at a pick or a pick and a late-late round pick and we can talk.

If not, there's tons of corner talent in the draft we can gamble on that can give us 4 or 5 cheaper years.

If the price is coming down, even a little bit, that means that it can keep sliding and the original expected return was merely an opening salvo

Everyone is saying the right things so his value is holding, but as we get closer to the draft (a DB rich draft, btw), if the price is actually dropping, I'd wager against Sherman being a Seahawk next year
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#49 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:27 pm

On the issue of Sherman....

throw Malcolm Butler into the trade market....
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:36 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#51 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Our schedule annoys me.

Typical.
Lose a home game.

At Buffalo and at Miami back to back weeks.

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Our schedule annoys me.

Typical.
Lose a home game.

At Buffalo and at Miami back to back weeks.

Well when you play on the worst field in the NFL, you become the #1 choice to play 'away' home games. Or if you are a terrible team that has trouble selling out your own venue (looking at you, Jags. Enjoy London for the millionth season in a row)

But yea our sched is doing is us no favors. Will be really difficult to win 15 games. Might have to settle for 14 now 8-)

Just wish we could have gone to LA. LA Chargers sounds and looks stupid.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,087

Post#53 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Sep 8, 2017 5:29 am

Alright beetches what the hell is going on with the Raiders and this horrible-looking defense they plan on trotting out this season!?

Return to Las Vegas Raiders