What to wear to Raiders game

Moderator: HMFFL

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,904

What to wear to Raiders game 

Post#1 » by theBigLip » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 pm

I'm a Lions fan, going to the season opener in Oakland. Any problems if I wear a Lions jersey?
carnie100
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by carnie100 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:39 am

Yeah man, definitely watch yourself. I mean, if I were you, I probably wouldn't wear a jersey. Maybe a shirt with a small logo or something, try not to completely standout. You will get heckled...

I saw some guy last year at an Oakland vs. Cleveland game with an orange Cleveland **** underneath a normal buttondown, he wasn't messed with too badly. Maybe go that route, who knows.

Then again I went to the Pittsburgh game last year as well, and the Steelers' fans were out in full form, so with that many fans, hard to get heckled too badly.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:53 pm

As long as you aren't near the black hole and aren't causing crap, you'll be fine. You will get mocked a lot though, no matter where you sit...

I learned not to wear orange Warrior jerseys at Raider games... too close to Broncos' colors :nod:
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by UKF » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:57 am

Do what you want. I was guna make a joke out of this, but I'm not.

Where your stuff but just dont talk a lot of trash. Keep to yourself and ignore the drunk Raider fans. You should be fine if you keep to yourself.
bluemoonodom
Junior

Re: What to wear to Raiders game 

Post#5 » by bluemoonodom » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:51 pm

theBigLip wrote:I'm a Lions fan, going to the season opener in Oakland. Any problems if I wear a Lions jersey?

Regular Raiders Fans will give You a few good natured shots. The wild card in the equation are the idiots in the crowd. Those that REALLY will be offended.

If You wear Your Lions jersey just keep in mind that You are basically wearing an Idiot Magnet. :wink:
RayStats34
Veteran

Re: What to wear to Raiders game 

Post#6 » by RayStats34 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 pm

theBigLip wrote:I'm a Lions fan, going to the season opener in Oakland. Any problems if I wear a Lions jersey?

Hell Yeah The only thing you are alllowed to do is come in regular clothes or become a Raiders fan. :wink:
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,103

Post#7 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:01 am

Yeah the Coliseum gets an endeservedly bad rap when it comes to harrasing opposing fans. Don't be a jerk, talking trash when the Lions do well, and I think you'll be fine, even with the Lions jersey. People will rib you, but just be good-natured about it and you'll be fine. There's no rivalry there anway... it's not like you're wearing Broncos gear!

This reminds me of a story... I was living in NYC and had two co-workers that were good friends. Co-worker #1 lived in the East Bay, and is a huge Raiders fan. Co-worker #2 lived in the East Coast, and is a huge Pats fan. Every year, the Pats fan would make up a work excuse to travel to Oakland and watch a game with the friend, in his season ticket seats.

First game vs. the Pats in Oakland coming off the infamous tuck-rule playoff game. Pre-game tailgate. Huge man in Raiders gear, with a megaphone: "Attention Patriots fans: we cannot guarantee your safety in the arena. However, please be assured that we have the finest in medical care available."

Hey, it's all in good fun. Raiders as outlaws still plays well, but in reality the players and fans aren't that much different than any other team these days.
carnie100
Junior

Post#8 » by carnie100 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:48 am

jrhester wrote:First game vs. the Pats in Oakland coming off the infamous tuck-rule playoff game. Pre-game tailgate. Huge man in Raiders gear, with a megaphone: "Attention Patriots fans: we cannot guarantee your safety in the arena. However, please be assured that we have the finest in medical care available."
Hey, it's all in good fun. Raiders as outlaws still plays well, but in reality the players and fans aren't that much different than any other team these days.

:rofl: God, that gave me a good chuckle...

Return to Las Vegas Raiders