Bush Says He's Ready But Raiders Won't Let Him Practice

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,205

Bush Says He's Ready But Raiders Won't Let Him Practice 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:18 am

San Francisco Chronicle - Rookie running back Michael Bush watched Raiders practice from alongside a chain-link fence, working out his right leg and wondering when he would be deemed healthy enough to join the proceedings.

He broke his leg in two places as a Louisville senior a year ago and underwent two surgeries. When the Raiders selected Bush in the fourth round of April's draft, all parties involved expected him ready for training camp.

The Sept. 9 season opener is nearing, and it sounds more and more like Bush will remain out indefinitely, whether he stays on the physically unable to perform list or gets moved to the injured reserve list.

"Yes, there's a very good chance of that," coach Lane Kiffin said after practice Sunday. "We'll make that final decision next week after this game."

"I'm just going out there, busting my tail, showing them what I can do," Bush said. "Just a waiting game, that's all. I have no idea what's going on."

http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiret ... _practice/
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#2 » by ChronicKerr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:33 pm

LaMont Jordan is primed for a big year. Might as well bring him along slowly. You got Rhodes coming back week 5 anyways.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:05 am

Jordan's "big year" could be 1000 yds... I don't even think he hits that plateau. Rhodes, Fargas, and Bush all will get time at RB.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#4 » by ChronicKerr » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:40 pm

well that just goes to show how good of a team the raiders are because two years ago jordan had a monster year. He's a threat to cath passes out of the backfield as well.
RayStats34
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by RayStats34 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:17 pm

micheal Bush is being groomed fro next year.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders