ImageImageImage

Boldin

m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Boldin 

Post#1 » by m23uza1hem36 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:33 pm

The Eagles are in trade talks with the Cardinals regarding wide receiver Anquin Boldin, along with the Giants, Jets, Ravens, and Jaguars.

It's believed it'll be tough for him to be fished out of Arizona and a trade would need to include sending at least a first and third round draft pick, with possibly an established player.

I honestly think that would put us in the front running if the Eagles front office really wants to build a Super Bowl championship team, we have twelve draft picks including multiple players that I would have no probable sending in a package for Boldin.

Anyone think we might actually land him? I always have hope.
Follow @mouzaihem
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,456

Re: Boldin 

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 am

I highly doubt it, but I am still holding out hope for Braylon Edwards at a somewhat cheaper price then what is being asked for Boldin.
I like Boldin as a player more because he is consistent, established and puts up monster #'s next to another top 5 reciever, but it cannot be ignored that he misses numerous games every single year with injuries. I mean we are talking 3 and 4 games almost every year for his entire career.
You can be the best at your position in the league, but what good are you if you are constantly on the sidelines being the best male cheerleader in the league?

I like the idea of Ocho Cinco to an extent, because I think a 1st rounder is crazy talk and more of just a starting point. I could see a 2nd or even 3rd and future pick getting it done and I think he would be completely re-energized on a real contender.

If all else fails I love Kenny Britt from Rutgers, although even if he is really good in the long run, he won't make nearly the immediate impact that Boldin, Edwards or Chad 85 would even if he has a great rookie season. Britt is all over mock boards though, and I wonder if anyone really knows where he will go. I see him as early as our pick at 21 to early 3rd round. I know this team has a long history of not going with running backs till around the 4th round, but I would think it would very hard to pass Moreno if he is still on the board at 21. Not to get to off topic, but I like Donald Brown in the 2nd or 3rd round and McCoy around the 3rd or later if he dropped.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Post#3 » by m23uza1hem36 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:28 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I highly doubt it, but I am still holding out hope for Braylon Edwards at a somewhat cheaper price then what is being asked for Boldin.
I like Boldin as a player more because he is consistent, established and puts up monster #'s next to another top 5 reciever, but it cannot be ignored that he misses numerous games every single year with injuries. I mean we are talking 3 and 4 games almost every year for his entire career.
You can be the best at your position in the league, but what good are you if you are constantly on the sidelines being the best male cheerleader in the league?

I like the idea of Ocho Cinco to an extent, because I think a 1st rounder is crazy talk and more of just a starting point. I could see a 2nd or even 3rd and future pick getting it done and I think he would be completely re-energized on a real contender.

If all else fails I love Kenny Britt from Rutgers, although even if he is really good in the long run, he won't make nearly the immediate impact that Boldin, Edwards or Chad 85 would even if he has a great rookie season. Britt is all over mock boards though, and I wonder if anyone really knows where he will go. I see him as early as our pick at 21 to early 3rd round. I know this team has a long history of not going with running backs till around the 4th round, but I would think it would very hard to pass Moreno if he is still on the board at 21. Not to get to off topic, but I like Donald Brown in the 2nd or 3rd round and McCoy around the 3rd or later if he dropped.

It's seeming more and more like Boldin is going to be a long long shot and Edwards is reportedly only receiving interest from the Giants. However, via wiretap we're the front runners for Gonzalez, I think he'd be a huge, HUGE, addition.
Follow @mouzaihem
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,456

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:11 pm

We blew it again. McNabb would have killed it with Tony G. Now he's on the Falcons. I hope we have something in the mix, maybe something unexpected and really good, I doubt it though.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles