Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#461 » by sixers23 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:23 pm

If they wanted a slot guy I woulda went Ellington from South Carolina
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#462 » by SJSF » Sat May 10, 2014 2:17 pm

So many talented guys in the draft it's pretty hard to rate them all. What's funny how people say they would have taken this guy over this guy like they know better. Chip Kelly has been a football guy for what 20 years? But yet guys that drive trucks , pump gas, serve food, and dig ditches know more. Lol. The NFL draft brings out all the morons of the world. YouTube has made everyone a so called armchair QB.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#463 » by PhilasFinest » Sat May 10, 2014 2:44 pm

sixers23 wrote:If they wanted a slot guy I woulda went Ellington from South Carolina

Huff has played every WR spot....i think he will be used in a variety of ways.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#464 » by SparksFly87 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Eagles are doing a amazing job in this draft! I love the OLB with high upside pick in the 1st round. We addressed a position of need. Also we are doing a amazing job with drafting WR with Jordan Matthews and Huff pick. Matthews is big, strong , physical reciever with good hands ,speed, big potential red zone threat.. Huff is a versatile speedy slot guy with lots of versatility slot , backfield, special teams. he can even bust over top of coverage with his breakaway speed. He played at Oregen with Chip Kelly too! Now I hope we use our fourth pick and trade for a additional 4 for a still at safety and cornerback.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#465 » by eliasrapp98 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:25 pm

SJSF wrote:So many talented guys in the draft it's pretty hard to rate them all. What's funny how people say they would have taken this guy over this guy like they know better. Chip Kelly has been a football guy for what 20 years? But yet guys that drive trucks , pump gas, serve food, and dig ditches know more. Lol. The NFL draft brings out all the morons of the world. YouTube has made everyone a so called armchair QB.

Exactly. It's the equivalent of Chip Kelly reading an article about truck driving and telling a truck driver that he clearly isn't doing his job right and that he could drive trucks better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#466 » by PhilasFinest » Sat May 10, 2014 3:45 pm

PIERRE DESIR! GET HIM!
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#467 » by sixers23 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:59 pm

SJSF wrote:So many talented guys in the draft it's pretty hard to rate them all. What's funny how people say they would have taken this guy over this guy like they know better. Chip Kelly has been a football guy for what 20 years? But yet guys that drive trucks , pump gas, serve food, and dig ditches know more. Lol. The NFL draft brings out all the morons of the world. YouTube has made everyone a so called armchair QB.

You can say they know better but that doesn't mean they will be right. Everyone had their own opinion it's just important to know that'll nobody will be proven right or wrong for a few years
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#468 » by PhilasFinest » Sat May 10, 2014 4:16 pm

ugh....at least they got a secondary player, but i really wanted Desir.
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#469 » by sixers23 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:30 pm

He can play bc or s. It's clear we value versatility
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 14,116

Post#470 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 10, 2014 5:41 pm

I think Huff will end up more productive than Matthews when it's all said and done.
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#471 » by sixers23 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I think Huff will end up more productive than Matthews when it's all said and done.

based on what exactly?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#472 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 10, 2014 7:32 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I think Huff will end up more productive than Matthews when it's all said and done.

based on what exactly?

More agile and quick. Played in Chips offense so smaller learning curve. Able to separate from DBs. Willing to go over the middle. Plays faster than his 40 (which I think is a garbage indicator drill), as opposed to Matthews definitely playing slower than his 40. Much better hands than Matthews.

1140 yards on only 62 rec (18.4 ypc) and 12 TDs.

Jordan Matthews was the offense and was thrown to 112 times, but only got 7 TDs. I hope Matthews is a monster, but at this moment, I like how Huff projects better.
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#473 » by sixers23 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:

based on what exactly?

More agile and quick. Played in Chips offense so smaller learning curve. Able to separate from DBs. Willing to go over the middle. Plays faster than his 40 (which I think is a garbage indicator drill), as opposed to Matthews definitely playing slower than his 40. Much better hands than Matthews.

Jordan Matthews was the offense and was thrown to 112 times, but only got 7 TDs. I hope Matthews is a monster, but at this moment, I like how Huff projects better.

better hands? huff really struggles with drops. youre way off
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#474 » by Negrodamus » Sat May 10, 2014 10:35 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:based on what exactly?

Good rebuttal. Find one thing that you disagree with and end it with "you're way off". Matthews had a below average drop rate. Everything else I said in my post was true. "You're way off".
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#475 » by PhilasFinest » Sat May 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Pretty solid draft for the Eagles....filled some holes, and added some playmakers/depth.
MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Post#476 » by MCtripDub » Sun May 11, 2014 2:45 am

Anyone else feel like Ed Reynolds resembles Kurt Coleman? haha
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#477 » by PhilasFinest » Sun May 11, 2014 3:03 am

MCtripDub wrote:Anyone else feel like Ed Reynolds resembles Kurt Coleman? haha

I think Reynolds is a much smarter player.
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#478 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:17 am

Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Good rebuttal. Find one thing that you disagree with and end it with "you're way off". Matthews had a below average drop rate. Everything else I said in my post was true. "You're way off".

That's your opinion and it's one everyone else would disagree with. We won't know who's right for some time tho
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#479 » by Negrodamus » Sun May 11, 2014 1:15 pm

sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:better hands? huff really struggles with drops. youre way off

That's your opinion and it's one everyone else would disagree with. We won't know who's right for some time tho

What the hell are you talking about? Some one "and-one" my post in question. Once again, I don't care if you disagree with my opinion, but I gave you a detailed explanation as to why Huff could be better and you retorted with.... NOTHING! Just don't quote my posts anymore if you don't feel like contributing anything to the prospective conversation you are generating.
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#480 » by sixers23 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
sixers23 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? Some one "and-one" my post in question. Once again, I don't care if you disagree with my opinion, but I gave you a detailed explanation as to why Huff could be better and you retorted with.... NOTHING! Just don't quote my posts anymore if you don't feel like contributing anything to the prospective conversation you are generating.

Let's see Matthews was considered a top wr and huff wasn't in many people's top 20 plenty info out there that I don't need to waste my time typing scouting reports on my phone

Return to Philadelphia Eagles