ImageImageImage

Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,986

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#41 » by Mik317 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm no Footbal Expert but man the secondary (mainly the safties) suck. Offense looks awesome but it also seems easy to "stop"...just keep em off the field longer. And with this defense, it won't be that hard lol.

Plus Vick is gonna die on the field...it is inevitable.

But hey it could always be worse right?
#NeverGonnaBeGood
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#42 » by dorkestra » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm still sticking to my prediction of minimum six and maximum seven wins for us this season. They still put on a pretty good show while losing. We've had a good mainstay at the top of the conference for awhile, but we will have to be patient for a couple years until we can see serious results.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
83SixersRocked
Head Coach
And1: 609

Post#43 » by 83SixersRocked » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:12 am

Vick is tired already. Gawd. Here's a fork.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#44 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Peyton Manning already making excuses if the Eagles improbably upset the Broncos in Denver this Sunday

“We’re coming off a short week. It was nice of the NFL to give Philly 12 days and give us six.”

Now, with this Eagles defense, there is no shot in hell Philly wins this one, but I'd really relish an upset like that. I don't even have the dislike for Peyton that I do for his clown brother Eli, but he's really whining about this?

The Birds played 3 games in a 10 or 11 day span already this season.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#45 » by eliasrapp98 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm

3 games in 10 days and this SOB is complaining about 12 vs 6 days? What a little p**sy. Almost as much a wimp as his brother...
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
Strange Clouds
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#46 » by Strange Clouds » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Peyton is going to dismantle this defense in pieces.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#47 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 am

Strange Clouds wrote:Peyton is going to dismantle this defense in pieces.

I can't wait to hear Missanelli defend his pick tomorrow. Had to listen to him all week long predicting an Eagles win. :lol:
Here Lies The Process
P2K
Analyst
And1: 54

Post#48 » by P2K » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:25 am

So much for the fans understanding that Chip needs a year or two to rebuild this team. The stupid fans are already railing the guy.

It's amazing...the Michael Vick Experience has truly left Atlanta and has taken over Philadelphia. Everything is Chip Kelly's fault while Vick gets no blame. Forget that when you slap a defense with a pulse against him that Vick becomes the mediocre quarterback that he has been his entire career.

These fools need to realize that Chip took over an awful roster and has a quarterback that can be defeated just by playing man defense against his receivers.
EMBRACE THE PROCESS
JrueHK
Senior
And1: 451

Post#49 » by JrueHK » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:14 am

Great win last Sunday

It looks like Foles will start against Tampa Bay

With that being said, who do you think the starter should be? Vick has been playing pretty good (not great) and obviously makes this offense much more dangerous. However Vick is 33 and won't get any younger. He still is one of the fastest qb in the league today and still athletically gifted. But he holds on to the ball for way too long and some issue with his accuracy (doesn't help that we have no good receivers outside of Jackson).
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#50 » by GoSixersBro » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:28 pm

I'm torn. Kolb seems to be a much smarter QB, but I just don't see Chip sticking him in the rest of the season over Vick when Vick's hamstring recovers. I know he's great when he runs, but we shouldn't be considering that to be our QB's main priority, despite any fast paced offense we're running. Personally, I think Foles should be the starter, but now that the division is up in the air and a 9 win team could win it, people will probably want the more experienced guy (Vick) to get the nod.

Also, it feels so good to see the Giants start 0-6. Thanks for coming out this season fellas!
Here Lies The Process
SJSF
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#51 » by SJSF » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:46 pm

I rather watch Foles play over Vick. Vick is the most erratic QB in the league and honestly, he is so hard to watch. He holds the ball too long and seems lost. Sure he can run fast and throw far. But to me he isn't a good QB. Rather see what Foles has this year and make a decision after this year whether to draft a QB or keep Foles. Vick isn't the answer at QB

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#52 » by BNelley24 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:15 am

Who cares who is at QB? We suck, this year is about starting Vick so he can teach the offense to the rest of the offense (since he's a mobile QB), we then draft a QB next year and go from there...Foles won't be here next season.
SJSF
Banned User

Post#53 » by SJSF » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:31 pm

BNelley24 wrote:Who cares who is at QB? We suck, this year is about starting Vick so he can teach the offense to the rest of the offense (since he's a mobile QB), we then draft a QB next year and go from there...Foles won't be here next season.

Foles will either be the starter next year or the backup. Vick is so gone. Not sure why Vick is even here now. If your keeping Vick for one year, what's the sense?? Let a young team grow and develop with a young QB and take their lumps and draft high next year and accumulate talent. Vick just gets in the way.

SJSF
Banned User

Post#54 » by SJSF » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:08 am

Foles had a great game against the Bucs. Showing that he can play against a good defense and put points on the board. 31 points. Foles plays like a smart QB. Where Vick plays like he has no clue. Foles doesn't get sacked much, few negative plays. Foles takes what the defense gives him.

GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#55 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Can't believe I didn't start Foles in fantasy last week. Costed me the win.
Here Lies The Process
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#56 » by cksdayoff » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:29 pm

imagine how much better this offense would be if Maclin didn't get hurt. I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but I hope they go for an offensive weapon in the first round of next year's draft
#failforfultz
JrueHK
Senior
And1: 451

Post#57 » by JrueHK » Mon Nov 4, 2013 10:49 pm

Eagles got lost in the shuffle thanks to Sixers and MCW but how bout them eagles?!?

Nick Foles 7 TDS
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#58 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Nov 4, 2013 10:50 pm

JrueHK wrote:Eagles got lost in the shuffle thanks to Sixers and MCW but how bout them eagles?!?

Nick Foles 7 TDS

He still had just under a quarter to get his eighth, they should have let him go for it.
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#59 » by Aussiepiston1 » Tue Nov 5, 2013 12:06 am

One of the most entertaining games I have ever watched, Damn it has been a wonderful week being a sixer/eagles fan that's for sure.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,904

Post#60 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 5, 2013 8:30 am

CoreyGallagher wrote:
JrueHK wrote:Eagles got lost in the shuffle thanks to Sixers and MCW but how bout them eagles?!?

Nick Foles 7 TDS

He still had just under a quarter to get his eighth, they should have let him go for it.

Nah, the risk of him getting hurt wasn't worth it, specially after just coming back from a concussion. There was a play where he went back out there and he and Shady completely blew the play and he got tackled behind the line of scrimmage. After that play it was obvious Chip didn't want to tempt fate.

Imagine what the reaction would have been like if Chip left him in there and he got injured.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles