Jaguars @ Chargers Game Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Jaguars @ Chargers Game Thread 

Post#1 » by matt131 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Here it is, y'all: the biggest game of the year. Are these Chargers different than those of old, or are they the same team that plays down to their opponent's level and ends up losing games they should win. If I had to bet, I'd say they're a different team.

Playing the Jaguars today should result in a blowout, but instead of focusing on the score, here are a few things I'd like to see:
1) Donald Brown increase his YPC. I want to see if he's capable of controlling the run game against a weak D.
2) Our D Line finish some sacks. We've gotten to the QB a lot (Freeney), but let's finish some of those spin moves by taking down Bortles.
3) Our secondary force an INT. Wright, Flowers, Verrett; anyone will do.
4) No field goals; let's try and end drives with TOUCHDOWNS, not just 3 points. We've been pretty good this year in the redzone, but there's always room for improvement.

Anyway, this should be a fun game. Come in mentally prepared, and we should come out with that nice W.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,735

Re: Jaguars @ Chargers Game Thread 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:02 pm

I hope the Chargers just come in and take care of business. It will be a good test for many backups with all the injuries. I heard on sportscenter today that Ohrnberger is out too....not good. The one thing this team REALLY cannot afford is for Rivers to have protection or snap problems.

Branden Oliver should see a bit of time too.

Reich speaks very highly of Chris Watt though, so that's good. http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-charg ... le-vs-jags
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by matt131 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:18 pm

seriously our third center? **** this. also **** our "defense"
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by matt131 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:33 pm

rivers and royal are apparently the only guys who knew we had a game today
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Man that third center is having some serious issues. Some nice td catches so far from Royal. I went to this bar in Austin that is a Chargers fan bar and it was nuts. There were 50-60 people decked out in everything going crazy. It was pretty cool. I've never lived anywhere else where I found a group of Chargers fans at a bar that big.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by matt131 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Man that third center is having some serious issues. Some nice td catches so far from Royal. I went to this bar in Austin that is a Chargers fan bar and it was nuts. There were 50-60 people decked out in everything going crazy. It was pretty cool. I've never lived anywhere else where I found a group of Chargers fans at a bar that big.

haha not even here in SD would there be that many charger fans :P

thankfully eric weddle finally made bortles look like a rookie.

run game is a concern.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm

mispost
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:33 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Man that third center is having some serious issues. Some nice td catches so far from Royal. I went to this bar in Austin that is a Chargers fan bar and it was nuts. There were 50-60 people decked out in everything going crazy. It was pretty cool. I've never lived anywhere else where I found a group of Chargers fans at a bar that big.

haha not even here in SD would there be that many charger fans :P

thankfully eric weddle finally made bortles look like a rookie.

run game is a concern.

At least Branden Oliver got some game experience and looked pretty good.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,757

Post#9 » by Revived » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:33 am

Chargers O line played awful. Rivers should be scared for his life next week against Mohammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson.

I expect our running game to be worse next week.

Rhinehart is awful, making me miss Clary.

Rivers played fantastic. Defense played awesome in the 2nd half, not just the INTs but they were super quick to the ball.

Keenan Allen had one of the greatest games that a Chargers WR has had in recent years. Felt like he caught everythin thrown at him.

Flowers is a beast and I'm so glad we got him.

Pass rush was good. Tackling could improve, Bortles was running quite well through some tackles.

Our D should eat Geno alive next week though if it keeps playing the way it has the past 4 Sundays.

Go Bolts!

Return to Los Angeles Chargers