With the 27th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the SD Chargers..

Moderator: bwgood77

CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

With the 27th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the SD Chargers.. 

Post#1 » by CJ_18 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:29 pm

What will they do?

Trade down to pile up more middle round picks?
Address RT? (Gosder Cherilus)
Address RB? (Jonathon Stewart or Felix Jones)
Address CB? (Brandon Flowers or Dom-Rod Cromartie if we're lucky)
Address S? (Kenny Phillips or Tyrell Johnson)
Address DT? (Kentwalm Balmer)
Take Best Player Available, regardless of position? (Maybe LB Jerod Mayo)

I would be happy with any of these guys/strategies. (except maybe Felix Jones)

I predict the Charger's pick will be announced at about 8 pm ET? (5 pm in SD)

What do you think/want the Chargers to do as we are now just under 4 hours from Draft Time!!

-11:29 am ET
CB4_Toronto_Raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#2 » by CB4_Toronto_Raptors » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:28 pm

DR-C would be pretty sweet although very unlikely. I have a feeling RT will be addressed in Round 1 making Cherilus the likely pick. But for me I'd like to go with BPA on a defensive secondary player.
jebdrbhjb
Pro Prospect
And1: 40

Post#3 » by jebdrbhjb » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm

damn....I was hoping for Jerrod Mayo - LB from Tennessee
Excuse me please, one more drink
Could you make it strong?
'Cause I don't need to think

......Dave Matthews
CJ_18
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by CJ_18 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:00 pm

Antoine Cason-- CB-- Arizona

Height: 6' 1/4" | Weight: 191 | 40-Time: 4.52

Strengths:
Good athleticism...Decent size with long arms...Excellent instincts, anticipation and awareness...Playmaker with terrific hands and ball skills...Is quick and plays faster than he times...Very aggressive...Good technique and footwork...Does a solid job of supporting the run...A reliable tackler...Pretty tough...Smart, a hard worker and a leader...Very productive...Confident and has a short memory...Terrific bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great timed speed and lacks a burst...Will have to get stronger...Is not overly physical...Struggles to recover when beat...Hips are not very fluid...Has trouble taking on / shedding blockers...Probably won't be an ideal fit for everyone.

CZAR'S FRONT OFFICE TAKE: Chargers GM A.J. Smith had Arizona cornerback Antoine Cason circled as his potential pick weeks ago. Cason has excellent ball skills and should help immediately as a nickel back. Cason lost his grandfather, Rambo, to cancer in February and the young man launched a "Cason Cares" fundraiser to deal with the loss. Cason opted to return for his senior season at Arizona and there is little doubt about his character. A solid pick by the Chargers and a player who should help in the secondary.

Great crew of Chargers fans near the front of Radio City. Both seem quite content with the Cason pick, even hugging afterwards. Does Antoine Cason have any idea that two Chargers fans just HUGGED over his selection? Cason joins recent Day One draft picks Antonio Cromartie and Eric Weddle in what should be a pretty lethal defensive backfield for years to come.

I like the pick.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by CJ_18 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :confused:

Everybody, please keep AJ Smith in your prayers..

The man gives up our Fifth rounder this year, and A SECOND ROUNDER NEXT YEAR, to move up into the THIRD and take..JACOB HESTER??!!

The HB/FB tweener who is only good in short yardage situations and special teams?!

The worst part is we give up next years 2nd rounder.. :upset:

Oh wooow..

Height: 5-10 5/8 | Weight: 226 | 40-Time: 4.62

Strengths:
Tough and a hard worker...An instinctive runner...Does a nice job in short-yardage situations...Has good hands and runs good routes...Versatile...Has a great motor and always gives 100%...Team player...Loves the game...A terrific special teamer.

Weaknesses:
A FB / RB 'tweener....Undersized and lacks the ideal bulk you look for...Isn't strong or powerful enough...Will struggle to match up as a blocker and needs to be more aggressive...Isn't an elusive runner or a big play threat...Not real quick or athletic.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.. :pray: [/quote]
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#6 » by BlackMamba » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:54 pm

CB Antoine Cason
FB Jacob Hester
RB Marcus Thomas
CB DeJuan Tribble
OT Corey Clark

well, i think it was a good draft.

cason and tribble will add more depth to the CB position. cason could even have big impact for SD.

thomas and hester, we'll see who gets more playing time.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers