ImageImageImageImageImage

Giants @ 49ers

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Re: Giants @ 49ers 

Post#401 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:24 am

thesack12 wrote:That Giants punter man...

And he.looks like he hardly puts any effort into the kick
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,247

Post#402 » by thesack12 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:25 am

He hasn't been particularly bad this game, but Daniel Jones is definitely not the kind of QB you give $40 mil a year to.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#403 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:26 am

Giants probably end up with 9 points if not for the PI
thesack12
RealGM

Post#404 » by thesack12 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:27 am

Jones' mobility wasn't certainly mitigated this game, which is a good sign.

Also unlike last week, it was nice to see the DB's actually cover the receivers.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#405 » by Bald Bull » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:34 am

it's crazy to think this team could look this out of sync and still and still put up their 3rd consecutive 30 point game. Hopefully the short week was to blame
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,601

Post#406 » by Harry Palmer » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:36 am

Don’t get me wrong, we’re lost without him and he’s still the best LT in the game, but Trent’s consistency is slipping last couple years imo. Everyone has ups and downs, but his downs are increasing and some of them are really bad. Check out the play where Trey got hurt last year; pulled inside to lead the way then just kinda stopped, blocking air, cutting off Trey’s lane but doing nothing to hinder the guys to either side, and forces Trey to pick one or run into his back. Trey picked right and season over. He’s getting more and more really bad plays mixed in with the greatness. Anyone else noticing this?

Edit: I know this is near sacrilege.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#407 » by arich35 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:37 am

Short week, missing arguably our best WR, shaky first quarter or so, dropped TD pass, blitzers everywhere and we still scored 30 points.
Purdy is good, came back from a shaky start and non stop pressure and made some great throws
thesack12
RealGM

Post#408 » by thesack12 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:42 am

Read on Twitter
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#409 » by Samurai » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:45 am

thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow - not too shabby.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#410 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:51 am

All week there was this comparison made to Jimmy G. I like Jimmy G but he doesn't make those TD throws
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#411 » by Harry Palmer » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:57 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:All week there was this comparison made to Jimmy G. I like Jimmy G but he doesn't make those TD throws

Agreed, or the PI throw last week. He’s gonna get picked on those occasionally where Jimmy wouldn’t too, but I’ll take the trade-off at least until a young Aaron Rodgers walks in the door. (ie, only gunslinger I ever saw who somehow avoided the downside of being a gunslinger, one of a kind.)
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#412 » by Harry Palmer » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:03 am

arich35 wrote:Short week, missing arguably our best WR, shaky first quarter or so, dropped TD pass, blitzers everywhere and we still scored 30 points.
Purdy is good, came back from a shaky start and non stop pressure and made some great throws

The sheer volume of free rushers…is it even possibly schemed that way? But if it keeps up Purdy’s gonna get hurt and as mentioned the Cowboys are going to eat our lunch.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#413 » by CharityStripe34 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:08 pm

I nearly passed out in the 4th quarter but the offense dominated on third down. You'd like to see better offense inside the red-zone multiple times though 30 points is still 30 points. Purdy played well despite the Giants leaving blitz-mode switch on. Deebo was pretty great as was Kittle. I like seeing the young WRs get in the game. Thought for sure CMC was going to corral that pylon TD, but Giants safety made a great play to disrupt.

Defense looked solid when they played more man coverage. That's always a good sign. 3-0 with a mini-bye is fine by me.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#414 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:25 pm

49ers players anonymously rip Daniel Jones for his play in Giants' Week 3 loss, question QB's huge extension

https://apple.news/ALXxHFehpSSC78O0c0RNDuw
Samurai
General Manager

Post#415 » by Samurai » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:54 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:49ers players anonymously rip Daniel Jones for his play in Giants' Week 3 loss, question QB's huge extension

Interesting but I wonder if its fair to lay all the blame on Daniel Jones. Unless he is audibling the play to only throw checkdowns, the norm is that the OC/other designated coaching staff is calling the play and the QB's job is to relay it to the team in the huddle and execute the play that is called. If the coaching staff is calling for a bunch of dinks-and-dunks, I can't imagine a young guy like Jones telling the coach to pound sand and just fling it 50 yards down the field.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#416 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:40 pm

Samurai wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:49ers players anonymously rip Daniel Jones for his play in Giants' Week 3 loss, question QB's huge extension

Interesting but I wonder if its fair to lay all the blame on Daniel Jones. Unless he is audibling the play to only throw checkdowns, the norm is that the OC/other designated coaching staff is calling the play and the QB's job is to relay it to the team in the huddle and execute the play that is called. If the coaching staff is calling for a bunch of dinks-and-dunks, I can't imagine a young guy like Jones telling the coach to pound sand and just fling it 50 yards down the field.

Virtually all NFL passing plays involve short, mid, and longer options. Of course there will be a primary read, and it's possible the Giants' gameplan involved getting the ball out quickly, but it would also be hard to believe - especially as the point margin grew - that they weren't calling more aggressive pass plays. Jones may be another physically gifted guy who never really pans out. Granted the talent surrounding him is among the weaker in the league.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#417 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:45 pm

Daniel Jones is terrible and will never be worth that contract
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#418 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:22 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Samurai wrote:

Virtually all NFL passing plays involve short, mid, and longer options. Of course there will be a primary read, and it's possible the Giants' gameplan involved getting the ball out quickly, but it would also be hard to believe - especially as the point margin grew - that they weren't calling more aggressive pass plays. Jones may be another physically gifted guy who never really pans out. Granted the talent surrounding him is among the weaker in the league.

My take on this entire thing is that our defense shouldn’t be talking trash. There were instances where Jones exposed our DBs; despite Jones being a bad QB. Our defense has clean up a lot of things to be considered a true elite defense. Had Sequon played, Jones would have had a better outing. Having said, he’s still an average QB.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#419 » by Samurai » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:33 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Samurai wrote:Interesting but I wonder if its fair to lay all the blame on Daniel Jones. Unless he is audibling the play to only throw checkdowns, the norm is that the OC/other designated coaching staff is calling the play and the QB's job is to relay it to the team in the huddle and execute the play that is called. If the coaching staff is calling for a bunch of dinks-and-dunks, I can't imagine a young guy like Jones telling the coach to pound sand and just fling it 50 yards down the field.

My take on this entire thing is that our defense shouldn’t be talking trash. There were instances where Jones exposed our DBs; despite Jones being a bad QB. Our defense has clean up a lot of things to be considered a true elite defense. Had Sequon played, Jones would have had a better outing. Having said, he’s still an average QB.

On a positive note, I am glad that our defense didn't allow Jones to beat us with his legs. Our D-line has talked before about the importance of staying home and keeping containment against mobile QB's but they somehow find a way to consistently hurt us. Maybe Wilks found an adjustment that was more effective than what we had done before?

Return to San Francisco 49ers