ImageImageImageImageImage

Bring AARON RODGERS home

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 460

Re: Bring AARON RODGERS home 

Post#21 » by superunknown » Tue Feb 1, 2022 10:41 am

zman1 wrote:You want one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time for the Niners? No thanks!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

to be fair, he primarily chocked in the post season against the niners, so if you eliminate this option by bringing him home he might not choke no more :D
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#22 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Feb 1, 2022 11:10 pm

thesack12 wrote:And how do you suggest that can happen?

9ers don't have a 1st round pick this season or next, and they are short a 3rd rounder this year as well, so what do they have to trade for Rodgers?

Rodgers isn't going to continue playing without Davante Adams, so how do you suppose they can get him as well?

Most importantly, what makes you think the Packers would even entertain trading Rodgers to the 49ers? If they trade him, it will be to an AFC team, and the 9ers would be about the last place they would want to trade him to.

Not seriously engaging with this topic, because I don't think Rodgers would come here even if we could trade for him, but Adams is technically a FA. Granted they'd never let him just walk away, and will no doubt use the tag on him.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,251

Post#23 » by thesack12 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:37 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:

9ers don't have a 1st round pick this season or next, and they are short a 3rd rounder this year as well, so what do they have to trade for Rodgers?

Rodgers isn't going to continue playing without Davante Adams, so how do you suppose they can get him as well?

Most importantly, what makes you think the Packers would even entertain trading Rodgers to the 49ers? If they trade him, it will be to an AFC team, and the 9ers would be about the last place they would want to trade him to.

Not seriously engaging with this topic, because I don't think Rodgers would come here even if we could trade for him, but Adams is technically a FA. Granted they'd never let him just walk away, and will no doubt use the tag on him.

I'm aware Davante is a pending free agent. If Rodgers keeps playing and won't be a packer, a tag and trade of Davante Adams will be a key ingredient to the situation surrounding a trade for Rodgers.

Subtracting Garoppolo will have the 49ers at around 32-34 mil under the cap.

There is next to no chance they could fit both Rodgers and Davante into the cap with only $34 mil to work with. Then try to fill out the rest of the 20 or so open roster spots on top of that. That's even considering Rodgers' signing an extension and lowering his cap hit.

I guess its possible they could include guys like Kittle/Williams/Warner/Armstead/etc in the trade to free up some cap, but moving core players is counter productive to trying to make a run in the short term with a 39 year old Rodgers. Let alone if Rodgers is leaving, I find it hard to believe Green Bay would want contracts like that. They will be entering a rebuild, and would still be in cap hell shedding Rodgers and not bringing back Davante. Without Adams in the equation, they are currently $46 mil over the cap.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#24 » by I_am_1z » Thu Feb 3, 2022 7:29 pm

I rather see a superbowl earned organically, than see the 49ers put together a superteam a la LA Rams
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#25 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Feb 4, 2022 12:57 am

thesack12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

I'm aware Davante is a pending free agent. If Rodgers keeps playing and won't be a packer, a tag and trade of Davante Adams will be a key ingredient to the situation surrounding a trade for Rodgers.

There is next to no chance they could fit both Rodgers and Davante into the cap with only $34 mil to work with. Then try to fill out the rest of the 20 or so open roster spots on top of that. That's even considering Rodgers' signing an extension and lowering his cap hit.

I guess its possible they could include guys like Kittle/Williams/Warner/Armstead/etc in the trade to free up some cap, but moving core players is counter productive to trying to make a run in the short term with a 39 year old Rodgers. Let alone if Rodgers is leaving, I find it hard to believe Green Bay would want contracts like that. They will be entering a rebuild, and would still be in cap hell shedding Rodgers and not bringing back Davante. Without Adams in the equation, they are currently $46 mil over the cap.

If Rodgers and Adams are a package deal, neither is going anywhere. What team could put together a trade package for those two guys? It would take something like five first rounders and then likely more picks and/or some legit players. You're talking about arguably the best players at two key positions.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,251

Post#26 » by thesack12 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 3:16 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

If Rodgers and Adams are a package deal, neither is going anywhere. What team could put together a trade package for those two guys? It would take something like five first rounders and then likely more picks and/or some legit players. You're talking about arguably the best players at two key positions.

Agreed, I'm just going by what Aaron Rodgers himself said during his final "Aaron Rodgers Tuesdays" appearance on the Pat Mcafee show. He strongly alluded to his future being directly tied to Davante Adams.

Return to San Francisco 49ers