Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Re: 2021 NFL ROOKIES 

Post#141 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:56 pm

ZACH WILSON
QB, NEW YORK JETS

Zach Wilson completed 19-of-33 passes for 210 scoreless yards and four interceptions in the Jets' 25-6, Week 2 loss to the Patriots.

The rookie rushed three times for 19 yards and absorbed four sacks on a day to forget. Wilson's first two passes of the game were picked off on some really poor throws/decisions. At one point deep into the first half, Wilson had completed three passes to Jets players and three to Patriots defenders. He could have easily thrown six or seven picks in this one. Simply put, Wilson was trying to make things happen and wasn't taking what the defense was giving him. He was trying to push the ball down the field. It's just a day to forget for the rookie. And that happens to first-year quarterbacks facing Bill Belichick's defenses. Wilson gets another brutal Week 3 date when the Jets go to Denver.

Sep 19, 2021, 4:06 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#142 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:03 pm

MICHAEL CARTER
RB, NEW YORK JETS

Michael Carter rushed 11 times for 59 yards in the Jets' Week 2 loss to the Patriots.

He added two catches for 29 yards on three targets in the passing game. Carter was easily the Jets' most impressive offensive player in a game where they didn't find the end zone. Ty Johnson made the start and led the backfield with 12 carries, producing 50 yards, and Tevin Coleman mixed in for 5-24 on the ground. There are just too many guys in this backfield right now for any of them to be usable in fantasy. Carter deserves more of a chance after his Week 2 efforts.

Sep 19, 2021, 4:28 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#143 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:05 pm

JA'MARR CHASE
WR, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Ja'Marr Chase caught 2-of-4 targets for 54 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 2 loss to the Bears.

The fifth overall pick didn't do much for most of the day, but he saved his fantasy day by reeling in a 42-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. That was pretty much the story of the game for Cincinnati, as Joe Burrow and company struggled all day long before finally putting together a couple of drives late in the game. Chase has a difficult matchup against the Steelers in Week 3, but he's in the flex conversation nonetheless.

Sep 19, 2021, 4:08 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#144 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 am

RONDALE MOORE
WR, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Rondale Moore caught 7-of-8 targets for 114 yards and one score in Arizona's Week 2 win over the Vikings.

Sep 19, 2021, 7:52 PM ET
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#145 » by Jikkle » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:29 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:MAC JONES
QB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Mac Jones completed 22-of-30 passes for 186 yards, no touchdowns, and no interceptions in the Patriots' 25-6, Week 2 win over the Jets.

Jones absorbed three sacks and fumbled once, but the Patriots recovered it. With fellow rookie Zach Wilson struggling mightily on the other side for the Jets, tossing four interceptions, all Jones had to do was take care of the ball and move the offense into field goal range a number of times. Jones has impressed through two games, even if the counting stats and touchdowns haven't been there. He's been in command of the offense. Jones will be a back-end QB2/3 for next week's date with the Saints in what will likely be a slow-paced contest.

Sep 19, 2021, 4:31 PM ET

He's been pretty poised and efficient for a rookie but I'd hardly call it impressive. Even most 9er fans that didn't want Mac would probably say they expected him to be a solid starter and not a bust which he has been so far.

Mac almost literally put up the same exact passing numbers Jimmy G did today which just is reinforcing what we suspected he might be and that's just a better version of Jimmy G.

He's thrown a total of 1 TD so far and he's just been a pretty good game manager at this point.

The Pats haven't exactly played offensive juggernauts so we'll have to see how he does against teams with better offenses when he can't dink and dunk and really needs to push the ball down the field.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#146 » by Dodub » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 am

Jikkle wrote:
QB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Mac Jones completed 22-of-30 passes for 186 yards, no touchdowns, and no interceptions in the Patriots' 25-6, Week 2 win over the Jets.

Jones absorbed three sacks and fumbled once, but the Patriots recovered it. With fellow rookie Zach Wilson struggling mightily on the other side for the Jets, tossing four interceptions, all Jones had to do was take care of the ball and move the offense into field goal range a number of times. Jones has impressed through two games, even if the counting stats and touchdowns haven't been there. He's been in command of the offense. Jones will be a back-end QB2/3 for next week's date with the Saints in what will likely be a slow-paced contest.

He's been pretty poised and efficient for a rookie but I'd hardly call it impressive. Even most 9er fans that didn't want Mac would probably say they expected him to be a solid starter and not a bust which he has been so far.

Mac almost literally put up the same exact passing numbers Jimmy G did today which just is reinforcing what we suspected he might be and that's just a better version of Jimmy G.

He's thrown a total of 1 TD so far and he's just been a pretty good game manager at this point.

The Pats haven't exactly played offensive juggernauts so we'll have to see how he does against teams with better offenses when he can't dink and dunk and really needs to push the ball down the field.

My thoughts exactly. He’s been a solid game manager which is exactly what I expected from him. He hasn’t made mistakes, but he doesn’t scare opposing defenses.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#147 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Jones was a pretty solid prospect coming out IMO. Nothing too flashy, but enough physical tools to make a go of it in the league when combined with his mental capabilities, accuracy, etc. After my first film review, I liked him more than Lance, who I didn't really like at all due to the accuracy issues.

Obviously Lance has the higher upside, and I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll come close to hitting it, but I'm not at all sold that moving up to three for him was the right move. And I would have been okay with Jones at 12, I just didn't want him at 3.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#148 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Dodub wrote:
Jikkle wrote:
QB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

My thoughts exactly. He’s been a solid game manager which is exactly what I expected from him. He hasn’t made mistakes, but he doesn’t scare opposing defenses.

To his defense he doesn’t have an elite offensive weapon either playing alongside him to help him out. Kyler Murray has DHop. To go along with great #2s in Christian Kirk and Rondale Moore (a future #1 receiver in the league). Josh Allen has Diggs. Brady has every skill player on his offense. Mac Jones has Kendrick Bourne for crying out loud.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#149 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:57 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Jones was a pretty solid prospect coming out IMO. Nothing too flashy, but enough physical tools to make a go of it in the league when combined with his mental capabilities, accuracy, etc. After my first film review, I liked him more than Lance, who I didn't really like at all due to the accuracy issues.

Obviously Lance has the higher upside, and I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll come close to hitting it, but I'm not at all sold that moving up to three for him was the right move. And I would have been okay with Jones at 12, I just didn't want him at 3.

I thought Trey was better than Mac. But Fields was better than both of them. Fields in Shanahan’s offense would have been unfair for opposing defenses.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,275

Post#150 » by clyde21 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:00 pm

thanks for these updates bingo my man
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,275

Post#151 » by clyde21 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:01 pm

Mac Jones is gonna be a good, people were trippin draft time.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#152 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:thanks for these updates bingo my man

Anytime :rock:
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#153 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:09 pm

WALKER LITTLE
T, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Jaguars placed OT Walker Little on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Jacksonville drafted Little with the No. 45 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft but he did not see any action in the first two weeks of the season. He is a gifted athlete but has only played 72 snaps of football since the start of his 2019 collegiate season. As long as their starters remain healthy, the plan is for Little to stay off the field as a rookie.

Sep 20, 2021, 4:49 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#154 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm

NICO COLLINS
WR, HOUSTON TEXANS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Texans WR Nico Collins (shoulder) is expected to miss 3-4 weeks.

Collins earned his first start last week and picked up 32 yards on his lone target before exiting the game. The Texans have looked Brandin Cooks' way 21 times through two weeks and the loss of Collins will only further his gaudy target numbers. Danny Amendola and Chris Conley will start in three-receiver sets with Collins out. Both players have been held under 50 yards through two weeks and neither projects to be fantasy-relevant even with a larger role.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 20, 2021, 3:50 PM ET
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#155 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:12 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Jones was a pretty solid prospect coming out IMO. Nothing too flashy, but enough physical tools to make a go of it in the league when combined with his mental capabilities, accuracy, etc. After my first film review, I liked him more than Lance, who I didn't really like at all due to the accuracy issues.

I thought Trey was better than Mac. But Fields was better than both of them. Fields in Shanahan’s offense would have been unfair for opposing defenses.

Fields was my guy, even though I was pretty confident Shanahan would not take him. Lance's accuracy scared me, and still does, though he appears to have improved it. He's got much higher upside than Jones, but his floor is lower, too. Even with the running, which usually makes for a pretty safe floor. He's a good runner, but he's not a guy like Jackson or Vick, or even probably Murray, who can change the dynamic of a game solely with his legs. I think Fields had as much or more upside as a runner, and I hate, hate, HATE the draw plays we've been running with Lance.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#156 » by Jikkle » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:13 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Dodub wrote:
Jikkle wrote:

To his defense he doesn’t have an elite offensive weapon either playing alongside him to help him out. Kyler Murray has DHop. To go along with great #2s in Christian Kirk and Rondale Moore (a future #1 receiver in the league). Josh Allen has Diggs. Brady has every skill player on his offense. Mac Jones has Kendrick Bourne for crying out loud.

He does have quality TEs and playing behind a good offensive line so while I agree his WRs suck but he's not playing on a team with a terrible roster and coaching either.

I'm like Crim in that I don't hate Mac Jones I just would've hated trading up all that draft capital to take him at 3. I just see him as an Alex Smith type of QB and he won't be one that will be discussed as a top 5 QB whereas Fields and Lance actually have that potential.

With QB I'm more of a swing for the fences kind of guy because if you do nail it you really nail it and you're set for 15 years+. If you have special at QB you pretty much punch your ticket to the playoffs every year for that span of time that QB plays.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#157 » by thesack12 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:50 pm

Jikkle wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Dodub wrote:

He does have quality TEs and playing behind a good offensive line so while I agree his WRs suck but he's not playing on a team with a terrible roster and coaching either.

I'm like Crim in that I don't hate Mac Jones I just would've hated trading up all that draft capital to take him at 3. I just see him as an Alex Smith type of QB and he won't be one that will be discussed as a top 5 QB whereas Fields and Lance actually have that potential.

With QB I'm more of a swing for the fences kind of guy because if you do nail it you really nail it and you're set for 15 years+. If you have special at QB you pretty much punch your ticket to the playoffs every year for that span of time that QB plays.

This!

When you draft QB's with high floors, low ceiling/upside you eventually find yourself in the conundrum of either paying the Andy Daltons and Derek Carr's of the world $20+ mil/season on long term contracts, or you hit eject and start over from scratch. Teams will rarely hit that eject button, so their forseeable future gets severely capped with very expensive/very average QB play.

You can justify taking those type of QB's in the middle of the 1st round. But taking one of those dudes in the top 3, after trading away 2 future 1sts to get to 3 would have been career suicide.

Like Jikkle, I'll always seek out the high upside guys when it comes to QB's.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#158 » by thesack12 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:07 pm

Zach Wilson started Sunday's game 4/10 with 4 interceptions.

Trevor Lawrence is currently sporting a 50% completion rate, 4/5 TD to INT ratio, only 5.4 yards per attempt, 57.1 QB rating, 25 QBR
Plus this nugget...

Read on Twitter

Wilson's absolute grenade of a game, and Lawrence's very poor play are exactly the reasons why a team as good as the 49ers can't and never were going to hand the keys to Trey Lance from jump. Rookies, even the highest regarded ones, are going to encounter big time struggles. Lance is also much less experienced, and more raw than both those guys taken ahead of him.

The 49ers are a very good team, and are capable of being a super bowl team. Every game is crucial for them, especially residing in the gauntlet that is the NFC west. If they plugged in Trey and he started off the season the way those other 2 guys have, being in a 0-2 hole to start the season would have been a MONSTER hole to try and dig out of. And there would be more struggles from Trey still yet to try and navigate.

The Trey Lance pick was always about 2022 and beyond.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#159 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:10 pm

There's no doubt the athleticism gives this new class of QB both a higher floor and a higher ceiling. And it's easier for a guy to reach the heights with those abilities. That said, even in today's NFL, a guy like Tom Brady is able to tear sh*t up. Drew Brees was, too, until a couple years ago. And that's what you're hoping for with a guy like Mac Jones. That he won't be a Dalton or Carr, but will be one of the truly elite guys. But there's a much narrower road to that sort of success.

But I totally agree on the danger of spending huge money on a mediocre starting QB. That's usually a recipe for disaster, and it's the situation we were in with Garoppolo. You can't wing longterm with that type of player eating up 10% or more of your cap space.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#160 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:20 am

JUSTIN FIELDS
QB, CHICAGO BEARS

Justin Fields will start against the Browns in Week 3.

Andy Dalton is described as week-to-week with a left knee injury. The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs reports that Nagy plans to return to Dalton as the starter when healthy (because of course he does). For as long as Dalton is out however, and perhaps for the rest of the season if he plays well enough, Fields is an exciting upside play. While he wasn't ultra-impressive filling in for Dalton in Week 2, Fields' rushing ability, accuracy and big arm give him a high fantasy ceiling on a weekly basis. He can be viewed as a low-end QB1 against the Browns this week.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 22, 2021, 12:56 PM ET

Return to San Francisco 49ers