ImageImageImageImageImage

Super Bowl LIV Hype Thread!!!

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Re: Super Bowl LIV Hype Thread!!! 

Post#221 » by CrimsonCrew » Sat Feb 1, 2020 3:54 pm

wco81 wrote:He's a downhill runner so he's got to lead with the shoulder when there is contact.

So he may not be able to endure the pain if he reinjures himself.

Torn labrum would normally require surgery I would think.

Coleman dislocated his shoulder, which typically would not require surgery. However, once you've dislocated it once, it is much more likely to dislocate in the future (still probably uncommon for football players, but it can be a problem for wrestlers, for instance).

Labral tears do not require surgery, but for labral tears in the shoulder, surgery is a common way to address the injury. Kittle recently revealed that he's had a labral tear in his shoulder for two years, and obviously it hasn't affected him all that much. I've had labral tears in both hips for almost 20 years and I'm very active, but I'm not playing professional football or doing other explosive activities very often (to the extent that I do lift, it's low weight, high rep). I have low-level soreness basically all the time which can get worse with use, and certain motions are difficult in terms of range of motion or - probably more significantly - muscular endurance. I've done pilates with my wife a couple times, and I just can't hold some of those positions for very long despite having generally good core strength. My hips just feel weak in certain positions, and that doesn't seem to change regardless of the work I do to strengthen them. Hips are harder to operate on than shoulders, though, so I'm not sure why Kittle hasn't had the surgery. Labral tears in the hips are what basically ended Percy Harvin's career, though he did have surgery as memory serves. And I haven't consulted with anyone since I was discouraged from surgery about six years ago, so technology may have changed things.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#222 » by dr3am » Sat Feb 1, 2020 9:34 pm

:roll: so much for Super Bowl hype...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,302

Post#223 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:17 am

im annoyed they didn't let us wear the all whites...
dr3am
RealGM

Post#224 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:35 am

clyde21 wrote:im annoyed they didn't let us wear the all whites...

Same here.. it would’ve been so epic wearing those if we win tomorrow.

I still don’t get why the league denied them SmH.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#225 » by Samurai » Sun Feb 2, 2020 1:51 am

dr3am wrote:

Remember it is still the NFL - the No Fun League.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#226 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 2, 2020 2:32 am

Samurai wrote:
dr3am wrote:

I hope the NFL lets us play tomorrow.. there’s been countless Super Bowls where the team better on paper doesn’t win & outside of Mahomes & Hill we’re better than the Chiefs.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#227 » by NinerSickness » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:08 am

dr3am wrote:
Samurai wrote:
dr3am wrote:Same here.. it would’ve been so epic wearing those if we win tomorrow.

I hope the NFL lets us play tomorrow.. there’s been countless Super Bowls where the team better on paper doesn’t win & outside of Mahomes & Hill we’re better than the Chiefs.

Great defese > great QB any day of the week. And the Chiefs' defense isn't even good, much less great. :D

Niners roll by double digits.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#228 » by Jikkle » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:54 am

dr3am wrote:

I'd imagine it was because they are technically throwback uniforms and not the regular away ones.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#229 » by NinerSickness » Sun Feb 2, 2020 7:41 am

Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#230 » by Jikkle » Sun Feb 2, 2020 7:55 am

NinerSickness wrote:
dr3am wrote:
Samurai wrote:Remember it is still the NFL - the No Fun League.

Great defese > great QB any day of the week. And the Chiefs' defense isn't even good, much less great. :D

I sure hope so even though I'm not as confident as you are since I've been scarred seeing the 9ers fall flat more often than not in big games since I was a 90s kid not an 80s one.

And I hope they win by double digits at this point out of spite since I made the mistake of watching a little too much sports coverage this week.

If there was a draft today Mahomes would easily be my first pick but with the way people a lot of people are talking the 9ers shouldn't bother showing up and don't just hand him the Lombardi but put a gold jacket on him too.

Mahomes is 3-1 in the playoffs, has never played outside of Arrowhead, has only beaten wild card teams, and oddly enough has only beaten the AFC South. So I'd say pump the brakes on inducting him into the Hall of Fame and putting him on the NFL's bicentennial list of all time great QBs in 2119.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#231 » by NinerSickness » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:04 am

This is going to be a repeat of the Buccs / Raiders SB. Great QB gets smashed by great defense.

The Raiders were getting all the hype that time as well. :D
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,302

Post#232 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:34 am

Jikkle wrote:
dr3am wrote:

I'd imagine it was because they are technically throwback uniforms and not the regular away ones.

they should be our officials
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#233 » by Bald Bull » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:34 am

NinerSickness wrote:This is going to be a repeat of the Buccs / Raiders SB. Great QB gets smashed by great defense.

The Raiders were getting all the hype that time as well. :D

49ers have won the Superbowl every year that the Raiders have relocated. Could be an Omen. :gossip:
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#234 » by Bald Bull » Sun Feb 2, 2020 8:39 am

clyde21 wrote:
Jikkle wrote:
dr3am wrote:Same here.. it would’ve been so epic wearing those if we win tomorrow.

they should be our officials

I hope they try next year.

I think the reason they said we couldn't was because there was already Superbowl merchandise being made in the image of our regular uniforms. I don't know how true that is.

But I'm superstitious enough to be ok with not changing anything and playing in our regular uniform.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#235 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:10 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
dr3am wrote:
Samurai wrote:Remember it is still the NFL - the No Fun League.

:D Let’s Go!
dr3am
RealGM

Post#236 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 2, 2020 12:12 pm

It’s Super Bowl Sunday! It’s Finally Game Day!! Let’s Go NINERS!!!! Quest For Six Baby!!!!!!
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#237 » by thesack12 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:35 pm

Coleman looking likely to suit up, but nursing that shoulder probably makes him an even less effective short yardage back than he already was.

That being the case, does it make any sense to activate Jeff Wilson as well? Not sure who he would get the nod over though.

Could Juice possibly fill that role if the situation arises?
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#238 » by Dodub » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:21 pm

thesack12 wrote:Coleman looking likely to suit up, but nursing that shoulder probably makes him an even less effective short yardage back than he already was.

That being the case, does it make any sense to activate Jeff Wilson as well? Not sure who he would get the nod over though.

From everything I read, he was a full participant in the last practices.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#239 » by Samurai » Sun Feb 2, 2020 5:52 pm

thesack12 wrote:Coleman looking likely to suit up, but nursing that shoulder probably makes him an even less effective short yardage back than he already was.

To activate Wilson as well, then someone else would have to be deactivated, such as Lee which would hurt our special teams. And I read somewhere that Shanahan would prefer not to do that.

Juice is the best lead blocker in football; I wouldn't want to take away someone who is the best at something and make him do something else in a crucial situation.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#240 » by thesack12 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 6:05 pm

Samurai wrote:

To activate Wilson as well, then someone else would have to be deactivated, such as Lee which would hurt our special teams. And I read somewhere that Shanahan would prefer not to do that.

Juice is the best lead blocker in football; I wouldn't want to take away someone who is the best at something and make him do something else in a crucial situation.

Yeah, that why I said I'm not sure who Wilson would get the nod over to be activated.

As for Juice, I definitely agree. Although there is something to be said for the element of surprise. In a short yardage situation, say in I formation, KC definitely wouldn't be expecting the handoff to go to the upback (Juice.) While it obviously won't be a key to the game, using that call may very well allow Frisco to pickup a key 3rd or 4th down conversion, or maybe even a TD at the goalline.

Return to San Francisco 49ers