Playoffs, Conference Championship Week: 49ers @ Eagles

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Re: Playoffs, Conference Championship Week: 49ers @ Eagles 

Post#321 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm

thesack12 wrote:
arich35 wrote:Not sure if losing this way is better or worse for my mental health

Interesting case study.

For me personally, I think I'd prefer this kind instead of a High stress last second heartbreaker type loss.

Emphasis on "I think."

Brutal part is that our D generally played well other than some lost composure. With Brock in there, we would have been right in this one.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,247

Post#322 » by thesack12 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:54 pm

Dodub wrote:Does Lance go with Ryan’s to Houston next season?

I've heard Trey following Carthon to the Titans.

Really though, I don't see the 9ers trading him. His value is pretty low right now.

Also if this season has taught us anything, its that the 9ers sure as hell need more than 1 capable QB on the roster.
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#323 » by zman1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:55 pm

thesack12 wrote:

Really though, I don't see the 9ers trading him. His value is pretty low right now.

Also if this season has taught us anything, its that the 9ers sure as hell need more than 1 capable QB on the roster.
4 is apparently not enough.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#324 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:55 pm

zman1 wrote:
I read that he only worth a third round pick. Keep him, he could still be the long term solution

No sports writer knows what he’s worth. Last year they said everywhere from Jimmy being worth a 1st to a 5th. They just guess and try to get clicks
thesack12
RealGM

Post#325 » by thesack12 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:56 pm

Kyle needs to get Purdy out of there.

game is over, all you are doing now is risking more damage to his elbow
thesack12
RealGM

Post#326 » by thesack12 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 pm

LOL, its a stright up scrum

Punches thrown, including big Trent

Hopefully no suspensions spilling into the start of next season
Dodub
General Manager

Post#327 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 pm

thesack12 wrote:

If I’m Lance I’m demanding a trade though. There’s no way that Lance can sit another year and hope to have a successful career.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#328 » by thesack12 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:58 pm

zman1 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

4 is apparently not enough.

LOL, they only had 3.

But yeah
zman1
Pro Prospect

Post#329 » by zman1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:59 pm

Two big mistakes by Kyle: not challenging that catch when their receiver was indicating there was a problem. Then trying to block Reddick with a backup tight end who Then got Purdy

thesack12
RealGM

Post#330 » by thesack12 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:59 pm

Dodub wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

If I’m Lance I’m demanding a trade though. There’s no way that Lance can sit another year and hope to have a successful career.

He can ask for one, but he has basically zero pedigree. Guys like that typically aren't in position to demand trades.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#331 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:59 pm

Don't blame Trent Williams for that penalty at all. If the refs had any self-awareness, they would know that a part of that penalty is on them.
zman1
Pro Prospect

Post#332 » by zman1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:01 pm

Both teams should just agree to kneeldowns now.

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#333 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:02 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Dodub wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

He can ask for one, but he has basically zero pedigree. Guys like that typically aren't in position to demand trades.

He can ask but if I were Lynch, I wouldn't do it. Having a starting-caliber QB, regardless of whether he is used as a #1 or #2 QB, on a rookie contract is a huge benefit to a GM that needs cap space to extend stars and fill out a Super Bowl caliber roster.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#334 » by Jikkle » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:03 pm

We'd be crazy to trade Lance even if Purdy is the starter.

Purdy has been hurt twice already. The first time he almost missed Seattle and now this game. We also currently should be on our 5th string QB right now and the only reason we're not is because we don't have one. This team definitely needs a starting capable backup QB.

Not to mention there really isn't a reason to give up on Lance who could end up being better than Purdy. The fandom has way overreacted to Lance's struggles and overreacted to Purdy's success.

Clearly Purdy should open the offseason as the starter but we shouldn't be crowning him as the long-term answer at QB right now. That's how we ended up with years of Jimmy G who granted played well but was above average at best.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#335 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:04 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Dodub wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

He can hold in, make them sign someone else. If it’s more of a chore to keep him then let him go then the team has no reason to keep him around.

I also don’t like them holding these guys hostage and hurting their careers
Dodub
General Manager

Post#336 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:05 pm

Jikkle wrote:

Purdy has been hurt twice already. The first time he almost missed Seattle and now this game. We also currently should be on our 5th string QB right now and the only reason we're not is because we don't have one. This team definitely needs a starting capable backup QB.

Not to mention there really isn't a reason to give up on Lance who could end up being better than Purdy. The fandom has way overreacted to Lance's struggles and overreacted to Purdy's success.

Clearly Purdy should open the offseason as the starter but we shouldn't be crowning him as the long-term answer at QB right now. That's how we ended up with years of Jimmy G who granted played well but was above average at best.

I completely agree with you on all points. My thing is, from Lance’s perspective, there’s no chance that I’m sitting another season. I’m forcing a trade or sitting out
zman1
Pro Prospect

Post#337 » by zman1 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:06 pm

Dodub wrote:
Jikkle wrote:

I completely agree with you on all points. My thing is, from Lance’s perspective, there’s no chance that I’m sitting another season. I’m forcing a trade or sitting out
Win the job in camp. Or win it on an injury. Don't you believe you're better than Purdy?

thesack12
RealGM

Post#338 » by thesack12 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Samurai wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Dodub wrote:

He can ask but if I were Lynch, I wouldn't do it. Having a starting-caliber QB, regardless of whether he is used as a #1 or #2 QB, on a rookie contract is a huge benefit to a GM that needs cap space to extend stars and fill out a Super Bowl caliber roster.

I wouldn't trade him either.

His value is obviously distressed at the moment.

Really I'm not even sure too many teams would want him right now. If you are a rebuilding team, you are probably looking at drafting your own guy that comes with a fresh rookie contract as opposed to Lance being in his 3rd year already. And at this point, with Lance being one big giant question mark any team looking for an upgrade on their current QB probably won't be interested either.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#339 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:09 pm

zman1 wrote:
Dodub wrote:
Jikkle wrote:

Win the job in camp. Or win it on an injury. Don't you believe you're better than Purdy?

There won’t be a camp battle. The fans decided that they wanted Purdy. As soon as they started chanting his name, there’s no way that Lance could start next year. It would have to be due to injury.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#340 » by Jikkle » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:09 pm

thesack12 wrote:

The Titans thing was blown out of proportion because of the Instagram post.

The emoji he used is also the emoji used for good luck which is most likely what he intended it to mean.

Return to San Francisco 49ers