ImageImageImageImageImage

49ers to give Kyle Shanahan new 6-year contract

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Re: 49ers to give Kyle Shanahan new 6-year contract 

Post#41 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:50 pm

wco81 wrote:I’ve seen enough. 49ers under Kyle have already hit their ceiling.

Team is going to have to eat their contracts, Lynch too.

Get someone who can evaluate talent properly.

The misses with the high draft picks are glaring now, hurting the team.

They have to get rid of these two.

They probably won’t realize it for another season or two.

I think you are completely wrong here. Yes they've had some draft misses especially at the top of the draft, but they've also had some great ones in Bosa, Aiyuk, and Kinlaw is coming around. They've done very well with mid rounders in Kittle, DJ Jones, Fred Warner, and Greenlaw. And they got some nice undrafted players like Bourne, Mullens (yes not bad for an undrafted player), Breida, and Jeff Wilson, and Moseley. The contract extensions were the right thing to do!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#42 » by wco81 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Well lets see if the 49ers have another season like the last one in the next few years under these two.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing they won't.

Though now, they're going to get another bite at the apple with another top 10 pick.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#43 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:19 pm

wco81 wrote:Well lets see if the 49ers have another season like the last one in the next few years under these two.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing they won't.

Though now, they're going to get another bite at the apple with another top 10 pick.

That's true, another high pick. But I will be give you credit, that 2017 draft is nothing to really write home about. You take Kittle away and its a complete failure. Ok, DJ Jones was another nice find in the 6th round, great value there. But before Kittle in the 5th, nothing. 2018 was OK and 2019 was better and 2020 is looking good with the two first rounders. 2021 They will be expected to have more draft capital and need to knock it out of the park and that will decide how good they will be the next 5 years. I've seen one too many times as I am sure you and many others on here how a couple bad drafts can set a team back many years. Going back to 2018 1st round for just a sec, McGlinchey was actually solid the first two years, he took a step back this year I guess because he lost weight. Maybe the lack of offseason? But why aren't other OTs in the same boat as well? So I guess everyone can have a bad season. I don't know that I would pick up his 5th year option, but I would let him play out his contract and see after 2021.
wco81
RealGM

Post#44 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:10 pm

OK it's Grant Cohn, whom I don't read but can tell from the headlines that he likes to stir **** up.

Still this litany of mistakes is a handy list to keep in mind:

Here are the worst decisions Shanahan and Lynch have made since they took over the 49ers in 2017.

1. Not seriously evaluating Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in 2017 because Kyle Shanahan wanted to sign Kirk Cousins in 2018. Mahomes went on to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl last year, while Cousins signed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2018.

2. Signing Brian Hoyer to be the starting quarterback in 2017.

3. Trading up for C.J. Beathard in Round 3 when Steelers running back James Conner was available.

4. Drafting Solomon Thomas with the third pick of the 2017 draft instead of Watson, Mahomes, Jamal Adams, Christian McCaffrey, Marshon Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey or Tre'Davious White.

5. Trading up to take Reuben Foster with the 31st pick in 2017 instead of Ryan Ramczyk, Budda Baker, Curtis Samuel or Dalvin Cook.

6. Signing linebacker Malcolm Smith to a five-year $26.5 million contract in 2017.

7. Drafting Ahkello Witherspoon in 2017 one pick before the Saints took Alvin Kamara and three picks before the Rams took Cooper Kupp.

8. Trading up in Round 4 of the 2017 draft to take Joe Williams instead of Marlon Mack even though Williams had retired once from football and wasn't on the 49ers draft board until Shanahan insisted they take him.

9. Giving Jimmy Garoppolo a record five-year, $137.5 million contract after just seven career starts instead of franchise-tagging him. Garoppolo tore his ACL three games into his new contract and has missed 23 games since he signed it.

10. Not drafting a quarterback in 2018.

11. Drafting Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the 2018 draft instead of Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kolton Miller, Derwin James, Tremaine Edmunds or Jaire Alexander.

12. Trading up in Round 2 of the 2018 draft and taking Dante Pettis instead of D.J. Chark.

13. Signing Jerick McKinnon to a four-year, $30 million contract.

14. Extending Marquise Goodwin's contract for three years after just one good season in 2017.

15. Trading a second-round pick for Dee Ford AND giving him a five-year, $85.5 million contract extension even though they knew he had a history of back and neck injuries. And now, back and neck injuries could force him into early retirement.

16. Giving Kwon Alexander a four-year, $54 million deal mere months after he tore his ACL.

17. Drafting Deebo Samuel instead of A.J. Brown in Round 2 of the 2019 draft even though Samuel had an extensive injury history in college and Brown didn't. Samuel has missed 10 games in two seasons. Brown has missed just two.

18. Drafting Jalen Hurd instead of Terry McLaurin in Round 3 of the 2019 draft even though Hurd had an extensive injury history in college and McLaurin didn't. Hurd has never played a down for the 49ers. McLaurin already has more than 2,000 receiving yards in his career.

19. Drafting punter Mitch Wishnowsky in Round 4 of the 2019 draft instead of Chauncey Gardner-Johnson or Jarrett Stidham.

20. Not drafting a quarterback in 2019.

21. Not cutting Pettis in 2019.

22. Giving Tevin Coleman a two-year, $10 million contract in 2019 when the 49ers already had Raheem Mostert, Matt Breida and Jeff Wilson Jr.

23. Not starting Raheem Mostert in the Super Bowl.

24. Not playing Wilson over Coleman in the Super Bowl.

25. Not cutting Richard Sherman after he got torched in the Super Bowl.

26. Trading DeForest Freaking Buckner to the Indianapolis Colts for a mid-first round pick.

27. Using that mid-first round pick on Javon Kinlaw instead of offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs.

28. Giving Arik Armstead a five-year, $85 million contract extension after just one good season.

29. Not getting a new center in 2020 even though the 49ers knew Weston Richburg had a torn patella. Richburg still hasn't played since he tore it.

30. Agreeing in 2020 not to franchise tag Trent Williams in 2021. Williams is set to hit free agency.

31. Cutting D.J. Reed and keeping Beathard and Trent Taylor instead. Reed now is a quality defensive back for the Seattle Seahawks. Beathard and Taylor are on their way out of the league.

32. Not cutting Pettis sooner in 2020.

33. Not drafting a quarterback in 2020.

34. Not cutting McKinnon or Coleman in 2020.

35. Not making Wilson Jr. a featured running back until midway through the 2020 season.

36. Not signing Tom Brady when he asked to join the team in 2020.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/the-36-worst-decisions-the-49ers-have-made-since-2017

Cohn ends with a couple more mistakes, the 49ers giving Kyle and Lynch an extension and not making Saleh the HC.

I don't know about the last one but I think the extension was premature.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#45 » by GS Warriors 1 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:12 pm

I would do the Buckner trade 100 out of 100. A DT was traded for a known top 15 pick, when has that ever occurred? It's actually rare to see a player of any position traded for a known top 15 pick, usually it's trades that involve future picks like the Tunsil trade that can end being a high draft pick. Cheaper to keep Kittle, Armstead, and Warner, and not to mention Bosa will be more expensive than anyone because the top of the pass rusher market is essentially equivalent to paying a top 15 QB. And by the time that payment comes, they might move on from Armstead because not even half of that contract is guaranteed.

Shanahan's extension was not premature, and it wasn't an extension. It's a brand new contract that began in 2020. They won the NFC and he wasn't among the top 10 highest paid coaches in the league. He's still one of the youngest HC's in the league as well, and while some mistakes have been made, they've hit the jackpot on several players (Aiyuk might be next) and he has final say in building the team.
wco81
RealGM

Post#46 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 9:12 pm

He signed a 6 year deal originally. He was only through his third season.

The extension adds beyond the original 6 years.

He had 3 years left and when he signed this extension, he got 6 years total or an additional 3 seasons.

In any event, they can't miss on the draft again. Aiyuk has had an OK season but looks like Claypool would have been a much better value.

Didn't hear much from Kinlaw most of the season. Hope that he gets stronger and more effective.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,247

Post#47 » by thesack12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:12 pm

Unless some of y'all know more about the power structure within the organization than I do, I gotta believe the most of those draft moves/trades/free agent signings/contract extensions/etc primarily fall at the feet of Lynch and the scouting department moreso than Kyle's. Obviously Kyle has input, especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, but there is plenty of blame to go around for that list.

And while some of those are pretty bad looking back and others in the moment, the team somehow managed to go 13-3 while getting NFC's #1 seed and holding a lead late in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl last year. They also managed to navigate a biblical wave of injuries early this season and stay afloat with a 3-2 record with a hobbled QB, only to see if finally unravel when the rosterwide injury wave just refused to relent and the QB got hurt again this time being a season ender.

Kyle has some issues, namely falling in love with subpar players and being far too conservative at key times. However, I don't think he's the problem. If this team even has an average season of injuries, its very possible they are still playing right now.

The training/conditioning/medical staffs and scouting department are the areas this team needs the most improvement IMO. Well I say that as of today, with 40+ free agents contracts about to expire positional groups on the team could become a huge concern.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#48 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm

thesack12 wrote:Unless some of y'all know more about the power structure within the organization than I do, I gotta believe the most of those draft moves/trades/free agent signings/contract extensions/etc primarily fall at the feet of Lynch and the scouting department moreso than Kyle's. Obviously Kyle has input, especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, but there is plenty of blame to go around for that list.

And while some of those are pretty bad looking back and others in the moment, the team somehow managed to go 13-3 while getting NFC's #1 seed and holding a lead late in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl last year. They also managed to navigate a biblical wave of injuries early this season and stay afloat with a 3-2 record with a hobbled QB, only to see if finally unravel when the rosterwide injury wave just refused to relent and the QB got hurt again this time being a season ender.

Kyle has some issues, namely falling in love with subpar players and being far too conservative at key times. However, I don't think he's the problem. If this team even has an average season of injuries, its very possible they are still playing right now.

The training/conditioning/medical staffs and scouting department are the areas this team needs the most improvement IMO. Well I say that as of today, with 40+ free agents contracts about to expire positional groups on the team could become a huge concern.

I believe based on comments made by Kyle Shanahan, he had a big say on who the 49ers acquired and drafted at QB. I think he also has a big say with the other skilled offensive player positions. I can't recall the player's name now but the RB they drafted in the 4th round that failed, the Running Backs coach seemed to have a big say in that one. The 49ers are on the exact opposite of what the power structure was like under Baalke where the GM was all powerful with selecting draft picks and setting the roster even going as far as nixing some assistant coaching hires. York wanted a collaborative approach between Shanahan and that is what we have. Might be the reason some GMs nixed the 49ers because they did not want to share power.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#49 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:58 pm

wco81 wrote:OK it's Grant Cohn, whom I don't read but can tell from the headlines that he likes to stir **** up.

Here are the worst decisions Shanahan and Lynch have made since they took over the 49ers in 2017.

1. Not seriously evaluating Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in 2017 because Kyle Shanahan wanted to sign Kirk Cousins in 2018. Mahomes went on to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl last year, while Cousins signed with the Minnesota Vikings in 2018.

3. Trading up for C.J. Beathard in Round 3 when Steelers running back James Conner was available.

4. Drafting Solomon Thomas with the third pick of the 2017 draft instead of Watson, Mahomes, Jamal Adams, Christian McCaffrey, Marshon Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey or Tre'Davious White.

5. Trading up to take Reuben Foster with the 31st pick in 2017 instead of Ryan Ramczyk, Budda Baker, Curtis Samuel or Dalvin Cook.

6. Signing linebacker Malcolm Smith to a five-year $26.5 million contract in 2017.

7. Drafting Ahkello Witherspoon in 2017 one pick before the Saints took Alvin Kamara and three picks before the Rams took Cooper Kupp.

8. Trading up in Round 4 of the 2017 draft to take Joe Williams instead of Marlon Mack even though Williams had retired once from football and wasn't on the 49ers draft board until Shanahan insisted they take him.

9. Giving Jimmy Garoppolo a record five-year, $137.5 million contract after just seven career starts instead of franchise-tagging him. Garoppolo tore his ACL three games into his new contract and has missed 23 games since he signed it.

11. Drafting Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the 2018 draft instead of Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kolton Miller, Derwin James, Tremaine Edmunds or Jaire Alexander.

12. Trading up in Round 2 of the 2018 draft and taking Dante Pettis instead of D.J. Chark.

14. Extending Marquise Goodwin's contract for three years after just one good season in 2017.

15. Trading a second-round pick for Dee Ford AND giving him a five-year, $85.5 million contract extension even though they knew he had a history of back and neck injuries. And now, back and neck injuries could force him into early retirement.

16. Giving Kwon Alexander a four-year, $54 million deal mere months after he tore his ACL.

17. Drafting Deebo Samuel instead of A.J. Brown in Round 2 of the 2019 draft even though Samuel had an extensive injury history in college and Brown didn't. Samuel has missed 10 games in two seasons. Brown has missed just two.

18. Drafting Jalen Hurd instead of Terry McLaurin in Round 3 of the 2019 draft even though Hurd had an extensive injury history in college and McLaurin didn't. Hurd has never played a down for the 49ers. McLaurin already has more than 2,000 receiving yards in his career.

19. Drafting punter Mitch Wishnowsky in Round 4 of the 2019 draft instead of Chauncey Gardner-Johnson or Jarrett Stidham.

22. Giving Tevin Coleman a two-year, $10 million contract in 2019 when the 49ers already had Raheem Mostert, Matt Breida and Jeff Wilson Jr.

26. Trading DeForest Freaking Buckner to the Indianapolis Colts for a mid-first round pick.

27. Using that mid-first round pick on Javon Kinlaw instead of offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs.

28. Giving Arik Armstead a five-year, $85 million contract extension after just one good season.

29. Not getting a new center in 2020 even though the 49ers knew Weston Richburg had a torn patella. Richburg still hasn't played since he tore it.

30. Agreeing in 2020 not to franchise tag Trent Williams in 2021. Williams is set to hit free agency.

31. Cutting D.J. Reed and keeping Beathard and Trent Taylor instead. Reed now is a quality defensive back for the Seattle Seahawks. Beathard and Taylor are on their way out of the league.

35. Not making Wilson Jr. a featured running back until midway through the 2020 season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/the-36-worst-decisions-the-49ers-have-made-since-2017

Cohn ends with a couple more mistakes, the 49ers giving Kyle and Lynch an extension and not making Saleh the HC.

Gotta say, several of the draft ones hurt. I said in the draft threads at the time that they were crazy for trading up for Pettis, that they should have traded back and taken Brown instead of taking Samuel, that they should have taken McLaurin over Hurd, and that they should have taken Wirfs instead of Kinlaw. I'm hoping Samuel and Hurd can get healthy, and Kinlaw can develop into an impact player. But still.....
wco81
RealGM

Post#50 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm

If Lynch and Kyle had a big disagreement about the draft and Kyle went to Jed and said "it's him or me" you better believe Lynch would be sent packing.
TheMonarch
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#51 » by TheMonarch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:34 pm

wco81 wrote:OK it's Grant Cohn, whom I don't read but can tell from the headlines that he likes to stir **** up.

You could do a list like this for every team, especially the draft part. Not saying that Lynch and Shannahan are perfect, but no one is. Some big mistakes here though, took too many risks drafting and signing injury prone players.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#52 » by thesack12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:Unless some of y'all know more about the power structure within the organization than I do, I gotta believe the most of those draft moves/trades/free agent signings/contract extensions/etc primarily fall at the feet of Lynch and the scouting department moreso than Kyle's. Obviously Kyle has input, especially when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, but there is plenty of blame to go around for that list.

I believe based on comments made by Kyle Shanahan, he had a big say on who the 49ers acquired and drafted at QB. I think he also has a big say with the other skilled offensive player positions. I can't recall the player's name now but the RB they drafted in the 4th round that failed, the Running Backs coach seemed to have a big say in that one. The 49ers are on the exact opposite of what the power structure was like under Baalke where the GM was all powerful with selecting draft picks and setting the roster even going as far as nixing some assistant coaching hires. York wanted a collaborative approach between Shanahan and that is what we have. Might be the reason some GMs nixed the 49ers because they did not want to share power.

Thanks for the insight.

That info would lead me to hold Kyle more accountable for all of the transactions on the offensive side of the ball, not sure how much final say he has on the defensive side.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#53 » by thesack12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:50 am

wco81 wrote:If Lynch and Kyle had a big disagreement about the draft and Kyle went to Jed and said "it's him or me" you better believe Lynch would be sent packing.

If that situation were to develop, I'd be fine with that outcome.

As far as grading a GM goes, the best indicators of performance are draft/free agent signings/contract negotiations/and trades. I can't say that Frisco has nailed any one of those facets since Lynch arrived.
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#54 » by YoungMoney23 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:16 am

The Buckner trade is because we couldn't afford to pay him when you have a bunch of other people to pay and if Kinlaw showed flashes and if he keeps improving it will mitigate the loss. Foster had the talent but just couldn't save himself from himself. Armstead, I'll agree with - was more of a product of Ford and Bosa tearing it up. What QB were we gonna draft in 2020? The only reason Pettis hung around is cause all the other receivers got hurt. We'll see how Saleh does as a HC when he doesn't have a loaded defensive line. I'll give him the Mahomes thing but nobody knew he'd be this good and well I would say the same about Watson but his legal troubles have him in the wait and see area.

The point is - this list doesn't put these decisions in context. like the 2020 draft and a qb, burrow was never gonna happen and hes already hurt bad. It would have cost us another key piece probably to move up from 14 to try and get Herbert anyway and theres already talk that Tua is a bust.
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
wco81
RealGM

Post#55 » by wco81 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm guessing that even if Lance becomes a good starter fairly soon, other QBs chosen later will turn out to be as good or better.

So it will turn out to be an overpay for the assets the 49ers gave up.

Jeb should NOT give Kyle and Lynch another extension until they win a ring.

Otherwise, be prepared to cut their losses and go with a team which will do a much better job of player personnel, especially running drafts.

Their hit rate on the draft is average at best.

Now if Kyle's offensive wizardry gets Trey to put up very good numbers by the end of next season and they're able to get back to the SB, maybe actually win it for once, then sure, Kyle is probably a lifer here, gets to be coach for as long as he wants, maybe even go into the front office if he gets tired of coaching.

But if his BIG BET doesn't pan out, you can't give him another extension. In fact, maybe better to cut their losses after 2 or 3 more seasons at most.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#56 » by Jikkle » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:49 am

wco81 wrote:I'm guessing that even if Lance becomes a good starter fairly soon, other QBs chosen later will turn out to be as good or better.

So it will turn out to be an overpay for the assets the 49ers gave up.

Jeb should NOT give Kyle and Lynch another extension until they win a ring.

Otherwise, be prepared to cut their losses and go with a team which will do a much better job of player personnel, especially running drafts.

Their hit rate on the draft is average at best.

Now if Kyle's offensive wizardry gets Trey to put up very good numbers by the end of next season and they're able to get back to the SB, maybe actually win it for once, then sure, Kyle is probably a lifer here, gets to be coach for as long as he wants, maybe even go into the front office if he gets tired of coaching.

But if his BIG BET doesn't pan out, you can't give him another extension. In fact, maybe better to cut their losses after 2 or 3 more seasons at most.

If Lance is a complete failure Shanahan and Lynch will be gone but they probably have around 2 seasons before their seats get pretty toasty.

I don't think the trade up will impact their jobs and I don't think how other QBs turnout will matter either especially since only 2 were taken after him.

If Lance is considered a top 10 QB in the league the trade will be considered a success by most. There will be some that scoff that's not high enough but if you list the top 10 QBs in the league and how much they'd go for in a trade pretty much all of them would go for at least 2 1st round picks.

I'd say if Kyle can consistently get the team into the playoffs his job is safe. I don't see Jed firing Shanahan unless he misses the playoffs multiple times. The Shanahan/Lynch combo has been the best situation Jed has had since he's been in control and it's gone a long way to rehabbing his image and the teams image. Jed simply isn't going to be eager to break that up unless he absolutely has too.
wco81
RealGM

Post#57 » by wco81 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:51 pm

Jikkle wrote:I'd say if Kyle can consistently get the team into the playoffs his job is safe. I don't see Jed firing Shanahan unless he misses the playoffs multiple times. The Shanahan/Lynch combo has been the best situation Jed has had since he's been in control and it's gone a long way to rehabbing his image and the teams image. Jed simply isn't going to be eager to break that up unless he absolutely has too.

But that's such a low bar, since he's hired people like Singletary, Tomsula and Kelly and got rid of the first competent coach he had.

Yes Kyle is competent at offense, play design.

But hasn't shown much for anything else.

He's made the playoffs only once out of 4 seasons. I think they should contend for the playoffs in the next 3-5 years because of the talent on the roster -- assuming Bosa returns to form.

But they're in that window now, try to win with some huge contracts on the payroll and Lance still on rookie deal.

Even if Lance pans out, they have the rest of his rookie deal to win rings. After that, he gets big contract and the team will have to fill the roster with players on rookie deals, hope that they turn to good or great starters.

Remember, Rodgers has never won a SB after his rookie deal. I think Wilson was on his rookie deal when he won his ring.

Lance will get at least $40 million a year in 4 years. Kittle will probably be off the team then, unless he takes a salary cut.

So Kyle has to make hay during Lance's rookie contract.

Right now, I don't have faith that he will.

I guess the big trade and Lance, who's generated some excitement, kind of resets expectations for Kyle, have to give Lance at least 2-3 seasons to see if he can carry the team all the way.

Team should not keep Kyle any longer than when Lance's rookie deal is over. Unless they win a ring by then, there would be no other conclusion than Kyle has failed on the team and his own goals for the franchise.
wco81
RealGM

Post#58 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:38 pm

They're just not getting enough production out of their high picks other than Bosa and maybe one or two others.

Dante Pettis was a huge miss. So was Solomon Thomas and Foster. Also not enough from Witherspoon, Beathard or Williams. McGlinchey is average at best. Hurd has been nothing. Kinlaw hasn't done anything and so far, Banks, Sermon and Ambry Thomas aren't showing anything,.

You have to get starter level players out of the first 3 or 4 rounds.

Then they traded up for some players and out of those, only Deebo is working out. And arguably, they'd have done as well if not better with AJ Brown at #51 rather than trading up to #36 for Deebo.
wco81
RealGM

Post#59 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:16 am

Horrid play calling and game management.

How many designed runs? How many FGAs did Kyle pass up, not give the new kicker a chance?

Lance can't take that many hits, most of it in the running game.
wco81
RealGM

Post#60 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:25 am

The 49ers probably won't consider replacing Kyle this season or maybe not even next season.

But they should be looking at the QB coach or the OC for the Bills who helped develop Josh Allen, especially the offseason before last when he drastically improved in passing accuracy and became an MVP-level player.

Get him before Kyle screws up Lance.

The Lance trade may have been a big mistake. But I don't have confidence that Kyle can develop him properly.

Kyle designs nice plays. Can't do anything else worthy of a championship-level HC or having so much power over player personnel.

Return to San Francisco 49ers