ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoffs, Wild Card Week: Seahawks @ 49ers

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Re: Playoffs, Wild Card Week: Seahawks @ 49ers 

Post#401 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:40 am

thesack12 wrote:If its Minnesota next week, the biggest concern going into that game will be CB2

Lenoir vs Thielen is scary
Lenoir vs Jefferson is terrifying

Actually, Ward was shaky too. Could have been flagged for PI or defensive holding a couple of times.

Gave up one TD, Metcalf had 10 catches and 2 TDs, no sure who was covering on the second TD.

Besides WRs, Minnesota has a productive TE I believe.

The other NFC teams left, Dallas has a couple of playmakers in the passing game, so does Philly. AJ Brown alone wrecked the 49ers the last time they faced him. That was with a **** QB.
TheMonarch
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#402 » by TheMonarch » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:42 am

Turning point was when that Seattle defender pulled Deebo's foot. Pissed off the 9ers
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,843

Post#403 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:43 am

Aiyuk's block on this was mentioned earlier. Courtesy of reddit
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Post#404 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:43 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
wco81 wrote:Why were they rotating the defensive players in the first half?

I saw Bosa on the sidelines a few times during Seattle's scoring drives.

Saw Ebukam line up inside from a play inside the 10 and get pushed like 3 yards. He wasn't the only one. Are they short of DT depth?

Seattle was more physical in the first half. I think the fumble basically broke their spirit.

Bosa can't play every single snap. Not sure about Ebukam, but they are pretty thin at DT.

I don't recall him being rotated out that much in other games. Maybe I missed it but he's good in the run game.

End of season, lot of teams are going to be thin with some units. Doesn't help the DT situation not getting any production out of Kinlaw. I would have said consistent production but he's not even getting any snaps and when he did, he wasn't producing.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 967

Post#405 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:45 am

Either play Minny or the winner of TB-Dallas. The good news is, at least we shouldn't face a truly mobile QB in the next round. As good as our pass rush can be at times, we tend to open up huge running lanes for QBs.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#406 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:54 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:Either play Minny or the winner of TB-Dallas. The good news is, at least we shouldn't face a truly mobile QB in the next round. As good as our pass rush can be at times, we tend to open up huge running lanes for QBs.

I think I'd rather take our chances against TB/Dallas. The thought of our secondary against Jefferson and Thielen is pretty scary.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#407 » by arich35 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:58 am

Samurai wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Either play Minny or the winner of TB-Dallas. The good news is, at least we shouldn't face a truly mobile QB in the next round. As good as our pass rush can be at times, we tend to open up huge running lanes for QBs.

I think I'd rather take our chances against TB/Dallas. The thought of our secondary against Jefferson and Thielen is pretty scary.

Offense just needs to control the game
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#408 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:25 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=xHOPQ5PJ0LKxJlho4hGEag
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#409 » by Jikkle » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:44 am

Finally watched the game since I had to work when it was live but overall thought it was a pretty good win.

Seahawks are a mediocre team but there is a reason why it's difficult to beat a team 3 times a season and the Seahawks weren't just going to roll over for us.

My main concern coming out of this game is we simply can't play like we did in the first half and expect to make a run to win it all. Better teams are going to score more and put the game out reach before we can get going in the second half.

One thing I never thought I'd end up saying is the offense might end up carrying the team and not the defense. Since Purdy took over the offense has only failed to score under 30 points once and that was a Thursday night game where Purdy played banged up.

Defense wasn't awful since in reality the Seahawks really scored just 14 points with Jimmie Ward giving them 3 free points with a bonehead penalty and their last TD was a complete garbage time TD. But man do I hate watching this defense on 3rd downs and once again they couldn't seal the deal and get 3rd down stops. I just hope they tighten the ship or I fear a dynamic offense is going to torch them.

I'd say this team is capable of winning it all but it does scare me with how inconsistent it can be and how slow it can start. Obviously hoping for the best but the team needs to really start playing well for 4 quarters rather than being sluggish in the 1st half and figuring things out in the 2nd.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 465

Post#410 » by Swift21 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:11 am

Samurai wrote:

Thielen's best football is behind him.
Samurai
General Manager

Post#411 » by Samurai » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:18 pm

Swift21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:

Perhaps but Thielen now is a very tough cover for Lenoir. And Ward will have to be a lot better than he was yesterday to defend Jefferson. Jefferson will likely require double-teaming, which opens up additional holes in the secondary.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 465

Post#412 » by Swift21 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:51 am

Samurai wrote:
Swift21 wrote:
Samurai wrote:I think I'd rather take our chances against TB/Dallas. The thought of our secondary against Jefferson and Thielen is pretty scary.

Perhaps but Thielen now is a very tough cover for Lenoir. And Ward will have to be a lot better than he was yesterday to defend Jefferson. Jefferson will likely require double-teaming, which opens up additional holes in the secondary.

Doesn't even matter now. Vikings were frauds all along.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#413 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Pretty easy to understand formula, If the O-line gives the QB time for things to develop downfield and good things usually happen.

If the O-line can continue this type of performance, 9ers can get to the promise land.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#414 » by thesack12 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This x1000

Air yards and the generic use of "deep ball" are easily the most over-rated QB metrics, and really are useless if you use them without context.
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#415 » by zman1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:58 pm

Didn't see any team on the weekend that was scary. Giants were solid but nothing more. Bengals should have lost and Bill's could have. Niners easily looked the best.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Samurai
General Manager

Post#416 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:59 am

zman1 wrote:Didn't see any team on the weekend that was scary. Giants were solid but nothing more. Bengals should have lost and Bill's could have. Niners easily looked the best.

Cowboys look very scary - on both sides of the ball.
zman1
Pro Prospect

Post#417 » by zman1 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:51 am

Samurai wrote:
zman1 wrote:Didn't see any team on the weekend that was scary. Giants were solid but nothing more. Bengals should have lost and Bill's could have. Niners easily looked the best.

I'm not seeing it. They are solid but not great at anything. And Tampa is hot . Brady probably the worst qb in the playoffs through 3 quarters. Tampa was a playoffs imposter, never deserved it really.

Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#418 » by Jikkle » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:11 am

zman1 wrote:
Samurai wrote:

I'm not seeing it. They are solid but not great at anything. And Tampa is hot . Brady probably the worst qb in the playoffs through 3 quarters. Tampa was a playoffs imposter, never deserved it really.

Yeah I tend to agree that it's more Tampa being bad than the Cowboys being good. Tampa was easily the worst team in the entire playoffs and just benefited from winning a bad division.

However you can't sleep on the Cowboys and they are more than capable of sending us packing and they are a bit similar to us where they can get hot and be unstoppable or they can get ice cold and flop.
zman1
Pro Prospect

Post#419 » by zman1 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:38 am

Jikkle wrote:
zman1 wrote:
Samurai wrote:Cowboys look very scary - on both sides of the ball.

Yeah I tend to agree that it's more Tampa being bad than the Cowboys being good. Tampa was easily the worst team in the entire playoffs and just benefited from winning a bad division.

However you can't sleep on the Cowboys and they are more than capable of sending us packing and they are a bit similar to us where they can get hot and be unstoppable or they can get ice cold and flop.
Can't sleep on anyone but I think we are better in most facets. We are healthy and on a roll. I think we get a lead and then dak throws us a couple.

Samurai
General Manager

Post#420 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:54 am

zman1 wrote:
Jikkle wrote:
zman1 wrote:I'm not seeing it. They are solid but not great at anything. And Tampa is hot . Brady probably the worst qb in the playoffs through 3 quarters. Tampa was a playoffs imposter, never deserved it really.

Can't sleep on anyone but I think we are better in most facets. We are healthy and on a roll. I think we get a lead and then dak throws us a couple.

Cowboys have the weapons that can match up well against us. Lamb can definitely expose our secondary if our pass rush doesn't get to Dak. And while Prescott isn't a true running QB he does have the mobility that has given us trouble. Micah Parsons is a beast and I suspect he will be highly motivated to silence the people that have all but awarded DPOY to Bosa over him; plus Micah can (like Bosa) move along the line anywhere he wants to get the most favorable match-up and harass Purdy.

Return to San Francisco 49ers