arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Re: The Brock Purdy Thread 

Post#881 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:04 am

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
There was the Deebo one and another one in the 1st half. Plus the Jennings one at the end.

Are you blind? The first one to Deebo he was covered, DB actually held down Deebo's arm. If you are talking about the one to Aiyuk, he literally stopped his route for some reason.
Jennings at the end? You mean when they had a free rusher right in Brock's face and he has a second to get rid of the ball? Come on

Not the one where Deebo was covered. There was another one where he was wide open in the end zone and Purdy overthrew him by 10 yards.

There was only one, again when he was being crushed as he threw it
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,479

Post#882 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:49 pm

Let’s be honest about him. He’s not a top 10 QB in the league. He had elite pieces to work with in this game, and still ended up looking very average. Paying him like a top guy would be a mistake.
arich35
General Manager

Post#883 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:59 pm

Big J wrote:Let’s be honest about him. He’s not a top 10 QB in the league. He had elite pieces to work with in this game, and still ended up looking very average. Paying him like a top guy would be a mistake.

I think he is for sure in the 7-10 range. You can't honestly watch him play and think anything else. It isn't easy just finding a top 5 QB. And nobody can say we lost this game because of Purdy at all. CMC fumbles in the redzone, ball hits a leg on a punt, free blitzers with no quick routes called, Greenlaw injury, Kyle's play calling for all of the 3rd quarter and Mahomes just being Mahomes.

1st half he had big throws to Conley and McCloud, showing it isn't all on the guys around him.
Big J
General Manager

Post#884 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:09 pm

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:Let’s be honest about him. He’s not a top 10 QB in the league. He had elite pieces to work with in this game, and still ended up looking very average. Paying him like a top guy would be a mistake.

I think he is for sure in the 7-10 range. You can't honestly watch him play and think anything else. It isn't easy just finding a top 5 QB. And nobody can say we lost this game because of Purdy at all. CMC fumbles in the redzone, ball hits a leg on a punt, free blitzers with no quick routes called, Greenlaw injury, Kyle's play calling for all of the 3rd quarter and Mahomes just being Mahomes.

1st half he had big throws to Conley and McCloud, showing it isn't all on the guys around him.

Yea, I just fear that if the team pays him big money we’re going to see the fallout when we can’t sign all of the other guys. I can easily name 10 guys better than him. It’s not like we haven’t made the Superbowl with other mid QBs.
arich35
General Manager

Post#885 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:03 pm

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

Yea, I just fear that if the team pays him big money we’re going to see the fallout when we can’t sign all of the other guys. I can easily name 10 guys better than him. It’s not like we haven’t made the Superbowl with other mid QBs.

No you can't. You said at the beginning of the season he will only be good enough if he won the Super Bowl. Well guess what there are only 5 active QBs that have won a Super Bowl.

Allen and Jackson haven't even gotten to a Super Bowl, Jalen Hurts lost in the Super Bowl and fell off this year, Dak Prescott can't win in the playoffs, Tua also can't win in the playoffs or really against good teams, Burrow lost in the Super Bowl, Herbert hasn't been great or won in the playoffs.
Big J
General Manager

Post#886 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 pm

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

No you can't. You said at the beginning of the season he will only be good enough if he won the Super Bowl. Well guess what there are only 5 active QBs that have won a Super Bowl.

Allen and Jackson haven't even gotten to a Super Bowl, Jalen Hurts lost in the Super Bowl and fell off this year, Dak Prescott can't win in the playoffs, Tua also can't win in the playoffs or really against good teams, Burrow lost in the Super Bowl, Herbert hasn't been great or won in the playoffs.

By your logic those guys are also worse than Jimmy G who made a Super Bowl.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#887 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:39 pm

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

All your big hero QBs choked in the playoffs
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#888 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:40 pm

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

All your Qbs choked in the playoffs
Big J
General Manager

Post#889 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:49 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

Mahomes didn’t.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#890 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:51 pm

Big J wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Mahomes didn’t.

All your other idiotic big boys did If the 49ers listened to you they would have started the third stringer in Dallas and choked the season away
arich35
General Manager

Post#891 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:54 pm

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

No, that is YOUR logic.

I don't think Purdy is a top 5 guy in the league but he is top 10 and proved how good he is multiple times this year in his 2nd year in the league. Only 1 QB every year is going to win the Super Bowl, if that is your metric on what makes a top QB there are only a few who can claim it. Football isn't just about the QB.
Big J
General Manager

Post#892 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:00 pm

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

No, that is YOUR logic.

I don't think Purdy is a top 5 guy in the league but he is top 10 and proved how good he is multiple times this year in his 2nd year in the league. Only 1 QB every year is going to win the Super Bowl, if that is your metric on what makes a top QB there are only a few who can claim it. Football isn't just about the QB.

Of course football isn’t just about the QB. The reason this team even made the SB was because of Kyle and the elite weapons around the QB. Now imagine what Kyle could do with one of the top QBs. He’s never had that.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#893 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:04 pm

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

No, that is YOUR logic.

Of course football isn’t just about the QB. The reason this team even made the SB was because of Kyle and the elite weapons around the QB. Now imagine what Kyle could do with one of the top QBs. He’s never had that.

You keep repeating this hypothetical nonsense over and over again. It is getting really old like the rest of your bulsht narratives.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#894 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:05 pm

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

No, that is YOUR logic.

The same old idiot broken record from this clown. Dude disappears then comes back and spews the same nonsense over and over again
Big J
General Manager

Post#895 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:28 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

No, that is YOUR logic.

The same old idiot broken record from this clown. Dude disappears then comes back and spews the same nonsense over and over again

So are you guys okay giving Purdy a top qb salary? Once that happens it is all on him to make the plays because there will be sacrifices across the roster with that.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Post#896 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:15 pm

What’s the alternative, draft another rookie, hope he’s better than Purdy but could be worse?

The bigger problem is the brain trust. Look at some of the starters on the Chiefs, all the high picks who turned into all-pros.

49ers have Bosa, Aiyuk who are very good or great. But they missed on so many other picks in the first two rounds that the team still has holes which contributed to the loss.

Just compare the last four drafts of the two teams. They get tons of starters. Their highest pick in those 4 drafts is McDuffie in 2022 at #21 who’s an All-Pro lockdown CB this season.

The highest picks the 49ers have had in the 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 drafts are Trey Lance at #3 in 2021 and Kinlaw at #14 in 2020.

Late picks like Purdy and Kittle are the only reason the drafts have not been disasters but they’re going to keep squandering top 100 picks.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,287

Post#897 » by clyde21 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:17 pm

no shame to losing to Mahomes in the SB - that 's probably the GOAT.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#898 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Also of note, the Chiefs had NINE unblocked pressures off blitzes.

Read on Twitter
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,252

Post#899 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:26 pm

Read on Twitter
arich35
General Manager

Post#900 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:29 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kid is only going to get better. His footwork in the pocket and the way he handles pressure is impressive, if we can build a better line around him that would help out a lot

Return to San Francisco 49ers