Roster Cutdown Day, 4 pm ET deadline

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Re: Roster Cutdown Day, 4 pm ET deadline 

Post#21 » by thesack12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter

I wouldn't put in a waiver claim on him since his cap hit would be like $3.5 mil, but if he makes it to the open market and could be had for close to the minimum I'd sign him and waive Jennings.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 963

Post#22 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:32 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, that is why they drafted him. However, he's yet to actually translate any of that into something tangible.

Let's hope that draft pick finally starts to bear fruit

Honestly, it's not like we're cutting anybody that's going to be hard to replace to keep him. Travis Benjamin was probably our next WR, and he's concussed and mediocre at best. I've never had a ton of belief in Hurd, and less now with back and knee injuries, but it's worth the chance to see if he can turn it around.

And having said that, several other teams have almost certainly cut guys that are head-and-shoulders better than Benjamin. John Brown, for one.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#23 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Made my post above without even seeing your post about Brown. Ha!
thesack12
RealGM

Post#24 » by thesack12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, that is why they drafted him. However, he's yet to actually translate any of that into something tangible.

Let's hope that draft pick finally starts to bear fruit

Honestly, it's not like we're cutting anybody that's going to be hard to replace to keep him. Travis Benjamin was probably our next WR, and he's concussed and mediocre at best. I've never had a ton of belief in Hurd, and less now with back and knee injuries, but it's worth the chance to see if he can turn it around.

And having said that, several other teams have almost certainly cut guys that are head-and-shoulders better than Benjamin. John Brown, for one.

For sure. Outside of the top 2, the WR corps is as un-inspiring as any team in league. Sherfield does provide some hope, but he basically 100% unproven. Which leaves Sanu, Hurd, and Jennings.

So there is opportunity to be had for Jalen, he's just got stay available first and foremost, and go seize those opportunities.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#25 » by thesack12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Almost 2 hours after the deadline, we're still waiting on a finalized (for now) list of 53.

I'm especially curious as to if they cut Sudfeld, and who on the DL survived.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#26 » by thesack12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Yayy, they cut Sudfeld. He'll likely be back on the practice squad.

Not sure why Dontae Johnson gets seemingly unending opportunity here.

If Gallman and McKivitz go unclaimed, I'd like both of them back on the PS.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#27 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:57 pm

Gallman is a bit of a surprise, but the writing was on the wall when they kept Hasty. Hopefully he makes it through waivers. Kind of shocked they kept Compton over McKivitz. Gotta say, I've got some significant questions about this FO's eye for OL talent. Their draft picks at the position have basically been awful.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#28 » by thesack12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#29 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:03 pm

Guys I'd look at for PS: DB Clinton-Dix, WR Benjamin (only real speed we have at the position), TE Pruitt (I think he makes the active roster when Hurst goes to IR), LB Hilliard, FB Hokit (I love Juszczyk, but he's super expensive for the position), OL McKivitz
thesack12
RealGM

Post#30 » by thesack12 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:04 pm

So they go with 11 DLineman:

Bosa, Ford, Ebukam, Givens, Armstead, Kerr, Jones, Street, Hurst, Key, Kinlaw

Hurst will be placed on short term IR, so they will have 10 available initially. With Jordan Willis also waiting in the wings after he comes off suspension in week 7.

DL is definitely the strength of this team. Hopefully the amount of talent and fresh bodies they can throw at offenses, will allow them to get and maintain constant pressure on QB's. That will obviously help out the secondary.
TheMonarch
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#31 » by TheMonarch » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:08 pm

thesack12 wrote:So they go with 11 DLineman:

Bosa, Ford, Ebukam, Givens, Armstead, Kerr, Jones, Street, Hurst, Key, Kinlaw

Hurst will be placed on short term IR, so they will have 10 available initially. With Jordan Willis also waiting in the wings after he comes off suspension in week 7.

DL is definitely the strength of this team. Hopefully the amount of talent and fresh bodies they can throw at offenses, will allow them to get and maintain constant pressure on QB's. That will obviously help out the secondary.

That is a lot of D-Linemen!
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#32 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:17 pm

Got to load up on other teams' OL on the PS. They are really thin there, and outside of Banks and Moore, who are very uncertain, have literally nothing at the position. Not good. If Trent Williams goes down, we could be in for a long season.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#33 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Sep 1, 2021 7:34 pm

Pruitt returning to the Titans' PS. That's too bad; I figured he might get bumped back up to the active roster - though I guess we could still go snag him for the active roster if we wanted. Justin Hilliard also nabbed. Boo!
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#34 » by Samurai » Wed Sep 1, 2021 8:06 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Guys I'd look at for PS: DB Clinton-Dix, WR Benjamin (only real speed we have at the position), TE Pruitt (I think he makes the active roster when Hurst goes to IR), LB Hilliard, FB Hokit (I love Juszczyk, but he's super expensive for the position), OL McKivitz

I'd add Jake Brendel to that list. If Mack gets hurt (he's been durable but he is 35), shifting Brunskill to center is our only move, which weakens us at both center and right guard. I was actually more surprised that we kept Compton over Brendel than keeping him over McKivitz; McKivitz never looked impressive to me in the games he has played in while Brendel seemed at least adequate this preseason. I'm assuming Compton must have made better impressions to the coaches during training sessions and it wasn't just his less than stellar game performances to give him the nod. Although if I see Compton getting any significant playing time during the season, I assume we will also get some pretty poor overall line play in both the run game and pass protection.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#35 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Sep 1, 2021 9:07 pm

13 PS spots filled.

DL Alex Barrett
WR Travis Benjamin
WR River Cracraft
DL Darrion Daniels
OL Alfredo Gutierrez*
FB Josh Hokit
OL Corbin Kaufusi
OL Senio Kelemete
TE Jordan Matthews
S Jared Mayden
OL Colton McKivitz
QB Nate Sudfeld
LB Elijah Sullivan

No Clinton-Dix to date, which is something of a surprise (maybe he's looking for an active roster spot, or maybe we bring him back to the active roster if/when Hurst goes to IR?), and Hilliard and Pruitt went to other teams off my list above. Lots of OL, but all guys that couldn't make our squad. I was kind of hoping we might look to poach an OL or two from other teams.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#36 » by thesack12 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:51 pm

Samurai wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Guys I'd look at for PS: DB Clinton-Dix, WR Benjamin (only real speed we have at the position), TE Pruitt (I think he makes the active roster when Hurst goes to IR), LB Hilliard, FB Hokit (I love Juszczyk, but he's super expensive for the position), OL McKivitz

I'd add Jake Brendel to that list. If Mack gets hurt (he's been durable but he is 35), shifting Brunskill to center is our only move, which weakens us at both center and right guard. I was actually more surprised that we kept Compton over Brendel than keeping him over McKivitz; McKivitz never looked impressive to me in the games he has played in while Brendel seemed at least adequate this preseason. I'm assuming Compton must have made better impressions to the coaches during training sessions and it wasn't just his less than stellar game performances to give him the nod. Although if I see Compton getting any significant playing time during the season, I assume we will also get some pretty poor overall line play in both the run game and pass protection.

Brendel was brought back and put on the 53...

Read on Twitter

Still have no idea why they just can't quit Dontae Johnson
thesack12
RealGM

Post#37 » by thesack12 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 11:57 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:13 PS spots filled.

DL Alex Barrett
WR Travis Benjamin
WR River Cracraft
DL Darrion Daniels
OL Alfredo Gutierrez*
FB Josh Hokit
OL Corbin Kaufusi
OL Senio Kelemete
TE Jordan Matthews
S Jared Mayden
OL Colton McKivitz
QB Nate Sudfeld
LB Elijah Sullivan

No Clinton-Dix to date, which is something of a surprise (maybe he's looking for an active roster spot, or maybe we bring him back to the active roster if/when Hurst goes to IR?), and Hilliard and Pruitt went to other teams off my list above. Lots of OL, but all guys that couldn't make our squad. I was kind of hoping we might look to poach an OL or two from other teams.

Since that initial list, they have added a couple outsiders. One being a CB, which was a position notably absent from that initial group

Read on Twitter

Sounds like HaHa might still be in play for the practice squad. As you alluded to, he's probably biding his time waiting for rosters to stabilize leaguewide to see if he gets an offer to be on somebody's 53. I'd like to have him back, and speaking of safeties I'm glad Mayden was brought back to the PS.

Read on Twitter
thesack12
RealGM

Post#38 » by thesack12 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:04 am

They really can't find WR off the scrap heap with more upside than River Cracraft?

Cracraft has already hit his ceiling, that being a practice squad player.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#39 » by thesack12 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:04 am

Also, Jalen Hurd held out of practice today.

Shocker, right?
thesack12
RealGM

Post#40 » by thesack12 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 9:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Bit of a bummer they couldn't bring back HaHa.

Don't really know anything about Zuber, but a lot of Patriots' fans seem to be disappointed he got cut and didn't rubberband back to their PS. Can't be any less promising than Cracraft.

Return to San Francisco 49ers