ImageImageImageImageImage

My thoughts on the game and the season and Jimmy

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

My thoughts on the game and the season and Jimmy 

Post#1 » by generaldreedle » Tue Feb 1, 2022 3:33 pm

Haven’t been on in a while. Jesus, well being in Seattle at least the Seahawks missed the playoffs

The game- this was always going to be a close game and the Rams were favored for a reason, Cooper Kupp, Odell, Donald, Ramsey, Stafford etc they have the stars at very key positions, so I’m not going to be that shocked they lost. So every play, every coaching decision is going to be magnified. I don’t mind the punts, if they missed then the Rams would have the ball at midfield when the defense was gassed and they had a wounded qb who was having issues throwing, and if Tartt gets the interception it’s a different conversation, if Jimmy hits a wide open Kittle it’s a different conversation. All I’m saying is that it’s frustrating but they were up against a really good team with superstars who came through and at the most important position we had an injured player

The season and team- This was one of my favorite years in many ways. They were down, injured, a weird situation with Jimmy and they came through and battled and were within 3 points of the super bowl. It’s frustrating but it was a hell of a ride this year. Going forward compared to the other teams in the division the 49ers are in great shape- the Rams have high priced players and no first round picks until 2024 so long term they are win now and the future is cloudy, Seattle can’t take advantage of their crappy season because of the Adams trade and have no real star players on defense and they seem to not be able to figure out how to take advantage of Wilson, Lockett and Metcalf. Meanwhile the 49ers in getting rid of Jimmy will have money to sign Bosa and Deebo , they have young stars and next year they’ll have Lance who’s a new qb with a different skill set than Jimmy and probably a different offense for the rest of the division to deal with

Jimmy- this game showed why the official version of why they traded up for Lance made sense, he has significant injuries to his calf, thumb, and shoulder that limited his abilities which weren’t top ten to begin with. I appreciate him, his teammates love him I think he was better than many thought but he’s still limited and injured. I wish him well and hope we can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him

Anyways, this was frustrating but big picture things are looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to San Francisco 49ers