ImageImageImageImageImage

The Brock Purdy Thread

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Re: The Brock Purdy Thread 

Post#861 » by thesack12 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:49 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Weirdly enough, it seems Kyle doesn't call a lot of RB/TE screens despite having some of the best players at those positions (you can even include Juice).

Yeah, most of the screens Kyle dials up are of the basic variety. Usually just a quick out to Deebo who is already lined up far out wide.

As far as screens go, I think Kittle's involvement is best suited as a blocker. Kittle has always been a great blocker, on all levels of the field. At this point in his career, I'm not sure George has a ton of burst. By that I mean acceleration from from first gear. He is still pretty quick when he's already on the move and can find that extra gear, but instantaneous speed I'm not sure. That's not to say Kittle as the receiver of screens can't be effective because he still has a ton of tackle breaking ability. There have also been several times where Kittle has gone for long stretches without getting a target, and a screen play would be a good option to try and get him rolling as well as remind the defense that he is still a threat.

As for Christian, there is absolutely a load of untapped potential in the screen game with him. Kyle does not like the go empty backfield pre-snap very often, so I'm thinking that is the reason why we don't see many CMC screens. Still, just having him run a quick curl route out of the backfield can be a LETHAL blitz beater.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,476

Post#862 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:50 am

Jimmy G part 2. Couldn't get it done.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#863 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:00 am

Big J wrote:Jimmy G part 2. Couldn't get it done.

Oh look. It is the troll you are an idiot
Big J
General Manager

Post#864 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:01 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:

I’m just as pissed about the loss as you bro. Maybe more.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#865 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:02 am

Big J wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

You are a troll
Big J
General Manager

Post#866 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:10 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:Oh look. It is the troll you are an idiot

You are a troll

Say whatever you want if that makes you feel better.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#867 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:12 am

Big J wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
Big J wrote:

You are a troll

Say whatever you want if that makes you feel better.

Take your Jimmy G nonsense somewhere else. Go buy a Dallas jersey so you can watch your hero ride the bench
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Post#868 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:16 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:Oh look. It is the troll you are an idiot

You are a troll

Don't feed him, you are giving him exactly what he wants.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#869 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:17 am

thesack12 wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
Big J wrote:

You are a troll

Don't feed him, you are giving him exactly what he wants.

Sucks right after this loss this clown shows up. Predictable.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#870 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:59 am

I have no qualms about how Purdy played today. 1st half he played better than Mahomes, 3rd quarter the offense stalled due to play calling IMO. Not running and giving Purdy very little time plus nobody open. 4th quarter and OT he was good to great

Invest in the OL and he could be even better
Big J
General Manager

Post#871 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:02 am

arich35 wrote:I have no qualms about how Purdy played today. 1st half he played better than Mahomes, 3rd quarter the offense stalled due to play calling IMO. Not running and giving Purdy very little time plus nobody open. 4th quarter and OT he was good to great

He was about as good as Jimmy was in the last one. Which was not quite good enough.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#872 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:03 am

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:I have no qualms about how Purdy played today. 1st half he played better than Mahomes, 3rd quarter the offense stalled due to play calling IMO. Not running and giving Purdy very little time plus nobody open. 4th quarter and OT he was good to great

He was about as good as Jimmy was in the last one. Which was not quite good enough.

Total bull troll.
arich35
General Manager

Post#873 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:04 am

Big J wrote:

Totally missed Brock's 2 picks this game and Jimmy's drives to take the lead at the end of the game 4 years ago.
Big J
General Manager

Post#874 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:09 am

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Totally missed Brock's 2 picks this game and Jimmy's drives to take the lead at the end of the game 4 years ago.

There were multiple times in this game where Purdy had guys wide open in the end zone and wasn’t able to hit them on deep shots. He makes those passes and the game would have been over.
arich35
General Manager

Post#875 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:15 am

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

There were multiple times in this game where Purdy had guys wide open in the end zone and wasn’t able to hit them on deep shots. He makes those passes and the game would have been over.

There was 1 and he got hit as he threw lol
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#876 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:22 am

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

The **** doesn't watch the games. Funny thing is his big boy qbs all got eliminated in the playoffs
Big J
General Manager

Post#877 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:26 am

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

There was the Deebo one and another one in the 1st half. Plus the Jennings one at the end. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Justin Herbert types make those throws.
arich35
General Manager

Post#878 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:32 am

Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:

There was the Deebo one and another one in the 1st half. Plus the Jennings one at the end.

Are you blind? The first one to Deebo he was covered, DB actually held down Deebo's arm. If you are talking about the one to Aiyuk, he literally stopped his route for some reason.
Jennings at the end? You mean when they had a free rusher right in Brock's face and he has a second to get rid of the ball? Come on
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#879 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:50 am

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

There was the Deebo one and another one in the 1st half. Plus the Jennings one at the end.

Are you blind? The first one to Deebo he was covered, DB actually held down Deebo's arm. If you are talking about the one to Aiyuk, he literally stopped his route for some reason.
Jennings at the end? You mean when they had a free rusher right in Brock's face and he has a second to get rid of the ball? Come on

He just makes up crap as he goes along. He will never let go the 49ers traded his hero to Dallas
Big J
General Manager

Post#880 » by Big J » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:56 am

arich35 wrote:
Big J wrote:
arich35 wrote:

Not the one where Deebo was covered. There was another one where he was wide open in the end zone and Purdy overthrew him by 10 yards.

Return to San Francisco 49ers