Doug Baldwin (MCL)
KJ Wright (knee surgery)
Fluker (hamstring) tbd with Sweezy looking to start if not
Dontae Johnson

Prosise- ...any minute now...

Broncos

Danny's .02: brought to you this week by tons of Pro Football Focus

1. Russ
He historically starts slow. That was actually a better start than normal, but he's holding and holding and holding the ball and inaccurate off and on even when not on the move with a set pocket. It's going to be a long year if he doesn't resolve those two things.

2. Sweezy or Fluker?
Sweezy had some whiffs but was ok... however vs the Broncos or now the Bears we need more. I really hope Fluker isn't going to be MIA most of the year as he at least gives the running game a big boost. Mack attack is coming... pray he has insurmountable cramps during the game or something.

3. Committed to the run?
Didn't really look like it last week. Several 3rd and short situations went as lame passing plays (see SuperBowl nightmares).
I am starting to wonder if Pete is full of it on being committed to the run. 14 run plays last week by running backs... not a freaking commitment to the run.

3. Sea Bass
Please please please don't let this be Walsh all over again... go GET DAN BAILEY!

4. Pass rush
Clark got the sole sack... but Keenum had all day to throw on almost every play. This is my single biggest concern right now with this team. Hopefully Dion Jordan is healthier this week and makes an impact and Green shows up to play.

5. X-factor
Green... perhaps this is wishful thinking, but I really hope we get some wow from the rook this week. Strip sacks would be nice as we now know the Bears 2nd year QB has greasy fingers. 2 fumbles last week did not look anomalous.

Predictions-
Seattle 24 Bears 27
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Re: Game 3: Seahawks vs Bears 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Bears 24
Hawks 20

Kahlil Mack= 0-2

:(
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,418

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:40 pm

man injuries are piling up

G D.J. Fluker (hamstring)
LB K.J. Wright (knee)
LB Bobby Wagner (groin)
WR Doug Baldwin (knee)
CB Tre Flowers (hamstring)
CB Shaquill Griffin (thigh)
S Delano Hill (hamstring)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:49 pm

It could get ugly with Bobby being out. Russ & the offense is gonna need to pull it's weight. Shootout?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#5 » by Danny Darko » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It could get ugly with Bobby being out. Russ & the offense is gonna need to pull it's weight. Shootout?

Man we would be smart to really commit to the run if we can to eat up TOP.

Looking pretty brutal right now
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 am

Yeah...It's gonna be a looong night.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:21 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Schottenheimer is trying to get his *** fired?

All week, "We want to run the ball".

Pass
Pass
Pass
Punt

Pass
Pass
Pass
Punt

Pass
Pass
Pass
Punt

Brutal.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#8 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:37 am

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:37 am

Read on Twitter

WTF :roll:
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#10 » by Danny Darko » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:59 am

that was a game we could have won by being boring and running constantly until something broke loose.

Speaking of broke... Russell looks like he can't see over the line and he doesn't scan the field that much despite holding the ball for days now. Ifedi we know is a bottom 3 offensive lineman and needs to go, and I'm sad Fluker has not played at all, but Russ looks like crap.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#11 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 am

Danny Darko wrote:that was a game we could have won by being boring and running constantly until something broke loose.

Speaking of broke... Russell looks like he can't see over the line and he doesn't scan the field that much despite holding the ball for days now. Ifedi we know is a bottom 3 offensive lineman and needs to go, and I'm sad Fluker has not played at all, but Russ looks like crap.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/nfl-seahawks-bears-brian-schottenheimer-pete-carroll-russell-wilson

By hiring Brian Schottenheimer, Pete Carroll chose philosophy over Russell Wilson

Instead of building around Wilson, Pete Carroll decided to build around his outdated run-first philosophy. Given their personnel, the Seahawks should be running a scheme built around quick-hitting pass concepts, option-style runs and the occasional deep shot downfield — something resembling what the Cheifs are currently doing with Patrick Mahomes. Throughout his career as an NFL coach, Schottenheimer offenses have taken the opposite approach; he favors condensed formations, power runs and a passing game built around deep shots coming off play-action.

That sort of offense can still be effective in today’s NFL, but it requires a dominant offensive line that can consistently open up holes in the run game and protect for long-developing pass plays. The Seahawks line is simply incapable of doing either. And Wilson gets worse as a quarterback the longer he’s forced to stay in the pocket.

The less time Wilson spends with the ball in the pocket, the better off the Seahawks offense will be. It has never been his game to sit in a tight pocket and cycle through his progressions. No, he’s at his best when the offense hastens the tempo and spreads things out, which both simplifies the coverages a defense can call, making it easier for Wilson to get a good pre-snap read and get the ball out of his hands, and tires out the pass rush, making things easier on Seattle’s overmatched line.

Wilson’s two fourth-quarter turnovers ultimately did Seattle in on Monday night, but it wasn’t until that final frame that the Seahawks offense was able to move the ball. Why? Because the Seahawks went no-huddle and spread things out.

It’s no coincidence that Wilson has been at his absolute best when the Seahawks have been forced to adopt those strategies. Wilson set a record for fourth-quarter touchdown passes in 2017 using these same strategies. And the most prolific stretch of Wilson’s career came at the tail end of the 2015 season and was sparked by Bevell shifting to more of a quick-strike, spread offense.

Thanks to the all-time great defense that Carroll developed, the Seahawks had managed to remain competitive as its offense fell further and further behind the times. But now that defense has been dismantled and his draconian approach to offense has been exposed. If Carroll is unwilling to shift his thinking, which might require a swift change at offensive coordinator if Schottenheimer isn’t on board, then the organization may have to pull the plug on this era of Seahawks football entirely by saying goodbye to the man who envisioned it.

Carroll made his choice in the offseason; he chose his precious philosophy over the good of the franchise’s most important player, and we’ve seen the dreadful returns early in what figures to be a long season. The Seahawks organization can’t afford to make the same mistake.

I'm 100% in agreement with this take. Love Pete for his time here & winning a Bowl. But, it's time to move on from him. Clean House. Bring in a young & innovative coach to pair with Russ. We need a Sean McVay type.

Pete's too old & stubborn to make the necessary changes & philosophy shift that's required.

Russ is a franchise QB in the right system with a decent supporting cast. He has neither of those things at the moment unfortunately. Pete needs to go!
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#12 » by Danny Darko » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm not sure of how i feel about either pete or russ right now. I knew that a new o and d coordinator would have learning curve.

I do agree with some of the concept of that article, but honestly Pete has been more successful than any of his star players college and NFL. I don't like the fact that his "circled of physicality" that ends with the run game has been a lie this year and last,though. It seems he has gone away from his formula and that Schotty was a bad hire all the way. I'm sure he passed on the two good options because they were both innovative and likely successors to him... which would give Paul Allen more ammo to reconsider who leads us after or during the season.

I also know that Russ doesn't look like he's doing anything fast right now. He doesn't scan the field, he puts the ball right at the teeth of the D, and he probably should be used in play action a ton this year with this line. He's not seeing over them... I had forgotten he was short until this year, but this year that tight formation pocket has enveloped him in ways it just would not a taller QB, so get his butt on the move. At the rate he takes sacks, he might as well be getting hit picking up yardage more often and making the D guess.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Danny Darko wrote:I'm not sure of how i feel about either pete or russ right now. I knew that a new o and d coordinator would have learning curve.

I do agree with some of the concept of that article, but honestly Pete has been more successful than any of his star players college and NFL. I don't like the fact that his "circled of physicality" that ends with the run game has been a lie this year and last,though. It seems he has gone away from his formula and that Schotty was a bad hire all the way. I'm sure he passed on the two good options because they were both innovative and likely successors to him... which would give Paul Allen more ammo to reconsider who leads us after or during the season.

I also know that Russ doesn't look like he's doing anything fast right now. He doesn't scan the field, he puts the ball right at the teeth of the D, and he probably should be used in play action a ton this year with this line. He's not seeing over them... I had forgotten he was short until this year, but this year that tight formation pocket has enveloped him in ways it just would not a taller QB, so get his butt on the move. At the rate he takes sacks, he might as well be getting hit picking up yardage more often and making the D guess.

The fault ultimately lies with Pete tho. He calls the shots. He hired Schotty. His philosophy doesn't jive with the personnel on offense. It hasn't for 3 years now.

They trade for Graham & immediately try to make him into something he's not (Blocking TE). He says he wants to run the ball & play smash mouth football with an offensive line that hasn't been capable of doing so. Last time I checked, Beastmode ain't here.

Too add insult to injury, they say they want to get back to running the ball & yet they completely go away from it. Pete of course taking the blame for it afterwards. It's become laughable.

Russ' play hasn't been good. But, the play-calling is a big reason for it. Without Doug, he has no real receiving threat. It doesn't help when you completely abandon the run. Carson had just 6 carries? Really? :roll:

When they play against a good pass rush like Chicago, and the pocket gets pushed back, they have to roll Russ out. Having him drop back & stand in the pocket every play is a recipe for disaster & that was the result for most of the game. He's going to struggle, especially when he can't see over the line & he has no outlet. They need to play to his strengths. That falls on coaching. It's clear Schotty is trying to make him into something he's not.

Believe it or not, I could see Pete end up back at SC.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#14 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Schotty shall be referred to as Schitty from now on!

Return to Seattle Seahawks