2023 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Re: Draft Discussion 

Post#41 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 8, 2023 1:20 am

I also think there are 3-4 centers in this class but...

Read on Twitter

... and i don't buy this team doesn't like big guards, especially after hearing that explored by both Field Goals and Locked on. I think Torrence at play at 20. JMS might force his way into the first though.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#42 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 8, 2023 1:26 am

Danny Darko wrote:No that was my lazy copy paste... LB I think can be had later... Sanders, Sewel, Jack Campbell, Ivan Pace, Overshown, pappoe.

I don't hate this LB class and I would pass on Trenton for many others, but I do think we need two DTs and two LBs min depending on FA, but does this team ever do much in FA?

I agree. Taking a LB in Rounds 3-5 makes more sense. I just think the top guys are being pushed up mainly because there isn't a star in this class. But I'm fine with taking one later.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#43 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:34 am

Danny Darko wrote:1. Jalen Carter

What do you make of this?

Team sources have told WalterFootball.com that Carter comes with make-up concerns. Sources from multiple NFL teams said Carter is not a hard worker and has a reputation for not loving football.

It is not uncommon with prospects who are supremely talented to fail to be hard workers. They are so physically gifted that things have come easy, so they never had to work exceptionally hard to be elite at college level. However, that changes in the NFL, where teams want players who have a good work ethic and love to play football. Carter has developed a reputation of not being a worker or loving football, so that could rub some franchises the wrong way picking high in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.

Carter looks like a top-10 pick, and he could be one of the first non-quarterbacks taken. Carter is one of the most talented players in the draft class, but NFL teams did not give him an elite grade because of the work-ethic concerns and lack of production. If he slides to the back half of the top 10, the makeup concerns will be the reason.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#44 » by Danny Darko » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:47 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Will Levis- Should be a Day 2 pick.

On Levis... I would agree but I have a sports genius friend just pays attention and nails the draft better than anyone I've ever met and called several of these type of players I would have waived off years ago (Allen, Hurts, Pickens, etc...) while having doubts about guys like Darnold. He loves Levis and thinks he'll be a two year project who goes on to be at least Carr level, but healthier.

RB1: Bijan Robinson- Elite RB. Better prospect than Saquon coming out.
Really high praise... i didn't pay attention. to him at all, but Saquon coming out was thought be football jesus. will have to look up more highlights, but also shows the denigration of the positional value of halfbacks.

WR2: Zay Flowers- Brandin Cooks
On film, I like him an actual possibility and we do need to address WR3

ED2: Tyree Wilson- Will challenge Anderson as the best Edge in this class. Due to his sheer size & strength.
You know I liked him as my first guess when i started studying guys.

S1: Brian Branch- Can play Free Safety, Nickle, and also down in the box. Good Blitzer. Great tackler. Stud.
Yeah it's interesting that we do need to stock up on a proper FS and one that can play Nickle until Diggs ages out even better but I haven't looked at any film on him at all.

What do you think of Brian Bresee?
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#45 » by Danny Darko » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:52 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:1. Jalen Carter

What do you make of this?

Team sources have told WalterFootball.com that Carter comes with make-up concerns. Sources from multiple NFL teams said Carter is not a hard worker and has a reputation for not loving football.

It is not uncommon with prospects who are supremely talented to fail to be hard workers. They are so physically gifted that things have come easy, so they never had to work exceptionally hard to be elite at college level. However, that changes in the NFL, where teams want players who have a good work ethic and love to play football. Carter has developed a reputation of not being a worker or loving football, so that could rub some franchises the wrong way picking high in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft.

Carter looks like a top-10 pick, and he could be one of the first non-quarterbacks taken. Carter is one of the most talented players in the draft class, but NFL teams did not give him an elite grade because of the work-ethic concerns and lack of production. If he slides to the back half of the top 10, the makeup concerns will be the reason.

sounds like smoke screen to me. tis the season and we'll see more now that the combine is two weeks away.
I've heard this early on him too, but I think he'd have to tank combine and interviews both to drop, but he won't slip past us unless we are looking between him and Anderson or someone like Bryce is there after a simple franchise for Geno.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:22 am

Danny Darko wrote:RB1: Bijan Robinson- Elite RB. Better prospect than Saquon coming out.
Really high praise... i didn't pay attention. to him at all, but Saquon coming out was thought be football jesus. will have to look up more highlights, but also shows the denigration of the positional value of halfbacks.

ED2: Tyree Wilson- Will challenge Anderson as the best Edge in this class. Due to his sheer size & strength.
You know I liked him as my first guess when i started studying guys.

What do you think of Brian Bresee?

Scout's take on Bijan Robinson:

Sources from a number teams have Robinson as the only player in the 2023 NFL Draft with an elite grade. He is the consensus best player with pro teams for the 2023 NFL Draft. As we reported in the Hot Press, sources from a number of teams had Robinson graded higher than other recent top-five running back prospects of Saquon Barkley, Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliott. Here is what one area scout shared with WalterFootball.com:

"It's rare that the best pure runner is also the best pure receiver; that's what makes Bijan unique," said an area scout. "He can legitimately go run routes like a true receiver. His skill set is more Marshall Faulk than any of those guys. Saquon can obviously win in the passing game, but he's not out running routes like Reggie Bush - Bijan does. His ball skills are as good as the top receivers in this class.

"There are other runners on his level or even a notch better, but you're talking about the elite of every class, even on that alone. You can realistically run the offense thru him because he's in on every situation as your RB1, 1-2nd Down, 2-minute, 4-minute. He's more advanced all around than [Reggie] Bush, Joe Mixon, Saquon, Zeke. McCaffrey would have been like that had he been 215 pounds like Bijan. You have to go back to Faulk to find an elite runner and receiver like Bijan."

I'm not as high on Bresee. He's maybe a late 1st rounder. His stock has fallen considerably based on this past season.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#47 » by Danny Darko » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:55 am

one of my favorite 3 round JS tradeback sims to date. passed on Will Anderson jr at 5 and then moved down 2 more times and I'd say I would love this:

SEA
Bryan Bresee
DT Clemson

SEA
O'Cyrus Torrence
OG Florida
trade

SEA
John Michael Schmitz
OC Minnesota

SEA
Drew Sanders
LB Arkansas

SEA
Rashee Rice
WR SMU
trade

SEA
Calijah Kancey
DT Pittsburgh
trade

SEA
Jack Campbell
LB Iowa

2024 LV 1st
2024 BAL 1st
2024 BAL 2nd
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#48 » by Danny Darko » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:11 pm

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#49 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:47 pm

I don't see a trade in the works. They will stay & pick at 5. That's my prediction.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#50 » by Danny Darko » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:11 am

Frank Clark is all I have to say about character concerns. Remember this regime drafted this: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2269204-frank-clark-arrested-latest-details-mugshot-and-reaction-on-michigan-de
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#51 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:13 pm

Danny Darko wrote:On Levis... I would agree but I have a sports genius friend just pays attention and nails the draft better than anyone I've ever met and called several of these type of players I would have waived off years ago (Allen, Hurts, Pickens, etc...) while having doubts about guys like Darnold. He loves Levis and thinks he'll be a two year project who goes on to be at least Carr level, but healthier.

Your friend will change his mind. :wink:

Read on Twitter
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#52 » by Danny Darko » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:59 pm

omg... yeah never Levis
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#53 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:24 am

I went back & studied this guy. He barely played this past year. But this dude is special. He was projected as a top 10 pick before the season.

Grabbing either JSN or Flowers would be dope. Njigba at 20 is a possibility. Flowers maybe in Round 2.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#54 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:14 am

It would seem Witherspoon is now pretty much a consensus top 10 pick by everyone. He's being mocked at 6 to Detroit. Which isn't all that surprising.

I think CB is really the only other option you can entertain with the 5th pick if you decide to pass on Wilson.

Skoronski is the best o-line prospect in this draft. But taking a Guard with short arms likely isn't in the cards.

So what direction do you go?

I also really like Gonzalez.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#55 » by Danny Darko » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:29 am

Cactus Jack wrote:It would seem Witherspoon is now pretty much a consensus top 10 pick by everyone. He's being mocked at 6 to Detroit. Which isn't all that surprising.

I think CB is really the only other option you can entertain with the 5th pick if you decide to pass on Wilson.

Both Stroud & Young won't be options for us & I'm definitely not reaching for Richardson that early.

Skoronski is the best o-line prospect in this draft. But taking a Guard with short arms likely isn't in the cards.

So what direction do you go?

I also really like Gonzalez.

of the CBs i think Witherspoon still over Gonzalez even with the size because we need a slot who can be physical and two years ago Reed proved our best guy at that spot at a smaller size and not half the talent and grit in the run D Witherspoon has.

That being said, if I'm at 5 and and you don't feel confident Tyree is your first pick i'm into trading back or long shot maybe Bresee.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#56 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:42 am

Danny Darko wrote:of the CBs i think Witherspoon still over Gonzalez even with the size because we need a slot who can be physical and two years ago Reed proved our best guy at that spot at a smaller size and not half the talent and grit in the run D Witherspoon has.

That being said, if I'm at 5 and and you don't feel confident Tyree is your first pick i'm into trading back or long shot maybe Bresee.

Gonzalez is a bigger & longer corner. Also doesn't have a real weakness. So teams might prefer him over Witherspoon.

Witherspoon is also known as more of a man cover corner. While Gonzalez has played more zone. So I could see him being a better fit for us. Since we play so much zone.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#57 » by Danny Darko » Wed Mar 1, 2023 4:09 pm

Jalen Carter racing turns to fatal crash.... well i guess that means character confirmed. There's worse character traits but killing two people by being an ass- immature at best criminal at worst.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/01/us/jalen-carter-crash-chandler-lecroy-devin-willock/index.html

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 1, 2023 4:41 pm

That's a game changer.

Safe to say that Carter's draft stock will fall. Do they take that gamble on him? John always brings up character with prospects.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#59 » by Danny Darko » Thu Mar 2, 2023 2:26 am

Cactus Jack wrote:That's a game changer.

Safe to say that Carter's draft stock will fall. Do they take that gamble on him? John always brings up character with prospects.

Well Bruce Irvin... I don't think i let him pass us at 5 unless it's for Anderson Jr or we really like a QB... that being said if the Raiders come knocking at 7 or maybe panthers at 9, do we think he would be there plus the extra assets?

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#60 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 3, 2023 12:26 am

Freakish numbers. He's a name to watch for at 20. Both he & Will McDonald are the prototype 3-4 OLB that they will covet.

Read on Twitter

Return to Seattle Seahawks