Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Season Opener: Titans vs. Jaguars 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sat Sep 6, 2008 7:41 am

http://www.titansonline.com/gameday/arc ... ?PRKey=118

First game of the 2008 season. The Titans start off at home against their division rival the J'ville Jags. Will VY10 be able to play through his injury and throw accurate passes to start off the season? How will new rookie RB Chris Johnson do in his Titan debut? Will the defense bring the noise against the Jags offense?

Hopefully the Titans will do some good damage and collect their first win like the IRS collect in bac taxes.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Re: Season Opener: Titans vs. Jaguars 

Post#2 » by J.Kim » Sun Sep 7, 2008 2:10 pm

Should be a good game today. A low scoring, hard hitting, grind-it-out through the run match. I can't wait to see Chris Johnson in regular season action.

I expect the Titans to win this one. They've always played the Jaguars tough, and I think the defense will be good enough to prevent Jones-Drew and Taylor from running all over the Titans.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by J.Kim » Sun Sep 7, 2008 6:36 pm

Chris Johnson has been a revelation.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 7:27 am

The game was an ugly win at best, but we'll take it. The defense from both teams made the game a low scoring affair. Chris Johnson was great in the field in his debut and even scoring a TD from a low pass from VY10. Vince Young however was subpar on the field with both him and the receivers didn't connect well at times. There were miscues on both sides and when VY10 threw his second INT, that really hit his confidence real bad along with gettin injured to his left knee. VY has to do a better job in being consistant in his throws. Someone needs to put a call to Steve McNair to help VY10. Otherwise, the Titans earn a win in week one.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by J.Kim » Mon Sep 8, 2008 11:23 pm

SD2042 wrote:The game was an ugly win at best, but we'll take it. The defense from both teams made the game a low scoring affair. Chris Johnson was great in the field in his debut and even scoring a TD from a low pass from VY10. Vince Young however was subpar on the field with both him and the receivers didn't connect well at times. There were miscues on both sides and when VY10 threw his second INT, that really hit his confidence real bad along with gettin injured to his left knee. VY has to do a better job in being consistant in his throws. Someone needs to put a call to Steve McNair to help VY10. Otherwise, the Titans earn a win in week one.

The receivers were also piss poor on this one. I can't count the number of times Justin McCareins and Gage gave up on passes so easily.

The Passing offence outside of Bo Scaife and Chris Johnsons were just piss poor.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 6:21 am

J.Kim wrote:
SD2042 wrote:The game was an ugly win at best, but we'll take it. The defense from both teams made the game a low scoring affair. Chris Johnson was great in the field in his debut and even scoring a TD from a low pass from VY10. Vince Young however was subpar on the field with both him and the receivers didn't connect well at times. There were miscues on both sides and when VY10 threw his second INT, that really hit his confidence real bad along with gettin injured to his left knee. VY has to do a better job in being consistant in his throws. Someone needs to put a call to Steve McNair to help VY10. Otherwise, the Titans earn a win in week one.

The receivers were also piss poor on this one. I can't count the number of times Justin McCareins and Gage gave up on passes so easily.

The Passing offence outside of Bo Scaife and Chris Johnsons were just piss poor.

In the case of McCarriens, I guess he hasn't gotten that consistancy back after missin most of last season with injuries. With the way he played on yesterday, he reminded me of McCarriens, the rookie where he would drop catchable passes from McNair when he was playing. McCarriens needs to find that consistancy that made him a solid reliable receiver if he expects to be a a part of the rotation.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by J.Kim » Tue Sep 9, 2008 1:59 pm

SD2042 wrote:
J.Kim wrote:

In the case of McCarriens, I guess he hasn't gotten that consistancy back after missin most of last season with injuries. With the way he played on yesterday, he reminded me of McCarriens, the rookie where he would drop catchable passes from McNair when he was playing. McCarriens needs to find that consistancy that made him a solid reliable receiver if he expects to be a a part of the rotation.

Even in the season previous to him leaving for the Jets, I remember him being a fairly inconsistent receiver. Making some tough catches, but giving up on some easily catchable balls. Him and Drew Bennett.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Tue Sep 9, 2008 11:08 pm

In Bennett's case, the Titans made him as their primary WR. Bennett is more of a third option WR who had his shares of catches and misses on the field. Unfortunately, lack of better consistancy has been an issue really over the last two or three seasons despite the Titans 11-5 recod from the last season.
Singh is King
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#9 » by Singh is King » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:24 am

although vince young really needs to improve his passing ability, our recievers arent helping one bit, he needs a legit go to guy
Blue Jays Forum Where all the cool people post
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by J.Kim » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:49 pm

I don't think a legit go to guy will really do anything for Vince. He still needs to throw the ball on taret for the receiver to have a shot at catching. As a matter of fact, a guy with extraordinary athletic ability being able to catch the ball would probably make Vince more complacent, and not improve on his mechanics or footwork to improve accuracy.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,431

Post#11 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:36 pm

J.Kim wrote:I don't think a legit go to guy will really do anything for Vince. He still needs to throw the ball on taret for the receiver to have a shot at catching. As a matter of fact, a guy with extraordinary athletic ability being able to catch the ball would probably make Vince more complacent, and not improve on his mechanics or footwork to improve accuracy.

Or it could ease the pressure off Vince while he is fixing his mechanics. Knowing that you have a WR that can actually catch the ball once you toss it up allows for better understanding of how to get it to him in better ways.

If Vince throws up the ball and does not believe his WRs can get it, that would frustrate the hell out of him. Look at how Donavan had to struggle with average overall WRs last season. To boot Vince even helped get to the playoffs with those guys.

I figure if the fans don't want him trade him. There should be favorable offers for the Titans and maybe another franchise that can fix Vince mechanics problems. Seems like a Win/Win from what the Titans fans want.

Return to Tennessee Titans