Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Some Hope After Loss 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/ten/report

If there was one question answered about the Tennessee Titans in their 13-10 overtime loss at Pittsburgh, it appears to be that, yes, there is life after Albert Haynesworth on the defensive line.

Haynesworth departed Tennessee for a $100 million contract with the Washington Redskins in the offseason, leaving many to question if the Titans had enough left to maintain a high level of play with the All-Pro's exit.

While the Titans didn't play a perfect game Thursday night, as Ben Roethlisberger's 363 yards passing attests, the front four did get sufficient pressure on the Steelers quarterback, producing four sacks, eight quarterback hits and four of the six tackles-for-loss by Tennessee in the game.

Jason Jones, Jevon Kearse and Tony Brown each had one sack, while William Hayes and Jacob Ford shared the fourth one against Roethlisberger.

Tennessee's front four spearheaded a strong attack against the run, holding Pittsburgh backs to just 36 yards rushing on 23 attempts. When it was over, even in the loss, the Titans front four believed they had answered any naysayers with their performance.

"Who's Albert? Albert who? That's all it is, Albert who. I think we're going to be done answering questions about Albert," Jones said. "That's in the past. He's with Washington now, so good luck to him."

Jones' teammates agreed, as linebacker Keith Bulluck said the group's play should squelch any further talk of missing Haynesworth.

"Actually, we shouldn't get those questions anymore," Bulluck said. "I think we did a great job of snuffing out the run, and the defensive line did a tremendous job getting the sacks and getting pressure on Roethlisberger and also making plays. We can put that to rest."
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,558

Re: Some Hope After Loss 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 pm

I thought we looked pretty good for most of the game. We really outplayed them we just couldn't convert on our opportunities. I was happy with the D line, although I think some of that had to do with Parker looking like he might have lost a step. We'll win most games where we hold the other team to 36 yards so it was a good start.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Re: Some Hope After Loss 

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:44 am

I like our chances to having another good season on the field. With the first game out the way, we just have to be more acute at executing our plays when the time is at hand. It will start on Sunday against the Texans and should continue on from there.

Return to Tennessee Titans